PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shaw Lane AQUAFORCE - Match thread MATCH OFF
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Shaw Lane AQUAFORCE - Match thread MATCH OFF  (Read 9784 times)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Shaw Lane AQUAFORCE - Match thread
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2018, 08:48:36 PM »

When does this become OFFicial?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2018, 09:35:56 PM »

They have just tweeted that's it's 99.99% certain to be off.

Full time and proud of it

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2018, 10:11:51 PM »

Official inspection in the morning, but I am in Barnsley at the moment, and that bad news does not surprise me at all. It has rained, sometimes heavily, most of the day and, even though Sheerien Park evidently is a poor pitch, all the other local games elsewhere tonight were postponed too.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2018, 11:17:13 PM »

I get bad weather etc etc but after tomorrow is seemingly inevitably postponed then Shaw Lane have a quarter of their remaining home fixtures to fit in, in the last 20 days of the scheduled season which is plainly ridiculous by any standards. How the League have not stepped in and ordered them to find an alternative venue by now is baffling.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2018, 01:17:08 AM »

I get bad weather etc etc but after tomorrow is seemingly inevitably postponed then Shaw Lane have a quarter of their remaining home fixtures to fit in, in the last 20 days of the scheduled season which is plainly ridiculous by any standards. How the League have not stepped in and ordered them to find an alternative venue by now is baffling.

In the absence of the League extending the season, which is unlikely, they'd be advised to offer switching the games to their opponent's grounds. It's not as if they play at home as it is.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2018, 10:21:41 AM »

In the absence of the League extending the season, which is unlikely, they'd be advised to offer switching the games to their opponent's grounds. It's not as if they play at home as it is.

With Athersley Recs also having a  backlog of home games, it's impossible to see how Sheerien Park has any chance of coping. Finding anywhere else to play in the South Yorkshire Swamplands doesn't look feasible either.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2018, 10:23:56 AM »

Are Shaw Lane playing stupid games - 99.99% saying its off last night and now apparently working hard to get the game on ?  

Me and my 3 boys decided against planning to go tonight given it had 0.01% chance of happening - are they trying to reduce our away support?

Now it sounds more 50/50?

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2018, 10:40:03 AM »

Yes, I was planning on going straight from work but I've decided it's unlikely to happen and made alternative plans.

I think they've got to at least try to get the game on given their predicament.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2018, 10:40:31 AM »

12pm pitch Inspection at sheerin Park, I wouldn’t take the word of any of these clubs twitter accounts about weather and games being on or off after previous games this season,this is the level we have been taken to at present unfortunately 

andrewflynn

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2018, 11:12:40 AM »

12pm pitch Inspection at sheerin Park, I wouldn’t take the word of any of these clubs twitter accounts about weather and games being on or off after previous games this season,this is the level we have been taken to at present unfortunately 

Got to agree. Most accounts are run with the best of intentions, but they aren't the most reliable. It's my understanding that the '99.9%' statement was made by their Twitter volunteer. No direct contact was made to the club.

Fully expect it to be off anyway.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2018, 12:20:33 PM »

Match off 12 noon.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shaw Lane AQUAFORCE - Match thread MATCH OFF