PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match OFF
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Match OFF  (Read 7987 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Match OFF
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 02:18:11 PM »

Shaw lane supporters are saying it was obviously as early as Monday that tonight’s game would not go ahead. If that is the case, why weren’t shaw lane or the league beating a path to Hyde United to get the game played somewhere with a pitch that would not fall foul of the weather and that is equidistant between the two clubs?

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2018, 02:19:13 PM »

I just did a bit of googling, I'm still not clear what happened with the points but Spennymoor united were unable to fulfill fixtures in 2004/5 in the evostick leagues.

"The 2004-05 campaign proved to be a disaster for the club and the league. Spennymoor hit severe financial difficulties, failing to fulfil their final nine fixtures and being deducted twelve points. The league committee caused turmoil by awarding the points to the opponents in the unfulfilled matches, leading to protests, appeals and a different end to the promotion and play off places.

Spennymoor United folded in the close season of 2005."

I guess if they cant fulfill all their fixtures the league either hands the win to the unfulfilled teams or voids all the games through the season.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2018, 02:20:38 PM »

There was a very bitter court case surrounding that, or it was certainly threatened

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 02:49:16 PM »

Failing to Fulfil a Fixture, General FA Rule 8.6 applies as the NPL did to Ilkeston a couple of seasons back:-

8.6 Any Club without just cause failing to fulfil an engagement to play a Competition match on
the appointed date shall for each offence be liable to expulsion from the Competition and/
or such other disciplinary action the Board may determine, including the deduction of up to
a maximum of three points from the offending Club’s record
, any expenses incurred by their
opponents, and a fine.

In the event of a Club being in breach of the previous paragraph of this Rule then the Board
may award points to the Club not at fault
as if the match had been played and the League
table shall reflect the position as if the match had been played with the result awarded by
the Board.

In short, the NPL Board has the ability to deduct or award 3 points as it sees fit.

andrewflynn

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2018, 03:22:49 PM »

REARRANGED THURS 19TH.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2018, 03:38:01 PM »

REARRANGED THURS 19TH.

Buxton Shaw Lane and , Grantham in the space of five days
It's all my fault.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2018, 03:41:03 PM »

I suggest doing buxton then walking to shaw lane via a Peak District tent based sleepover, 34 miles in two days

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2018, 03:48:52 PM »

Failing to Fulfil a Fixture, General FA Rule 8.6 applies as the NPL did to Ilkeston a couple of seasons back:-

8.6 Any Club without just cause failing to fulfil an engagement to play a Competition match on
the appointed date shall for each offence be liable to expulsion from the Competition and/
or such other disciplinary action the Board may determine, including the deduction of up to
opponents, and a fine.

In the event of a Club being in breach of the previous paragraph of this Rule then the Board
table shall reflect the position as if the match had been played with the result awarded by
the Board.

In short, the NPL Board has the ability to deduct or award 3 points as it sees fit.

"Without due cause" are the key words. Is the horrendous weather "due cause" ?

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2018, 04:15:08 PM »

opponents, and a fine.

the Board.

"Without due cause" are the key words. Is the horrendous weather "due cause" ?

With the plethora of available alternatives outlined above, no.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2018, 04:19:17 PM »

Shaw lane supporters are saying it was obviously as early as Monday that tonight’s game would not go ahead. If that is the case, why weren’t shaw lane or the league beating a path to Hyde United to get the game played somewhere with a pitch that would not fall foul of the weather and that is equidistant between the two clubs?

I'm on the Derbyshire/Yorkshire border and the weather(until today) has been utterly foul. The snowfall on Monday was very heavy indeed and I gave the Shaw game no chance of going ahead. Having said that, I believe Buxton had 40 vo!unteers with pitchforks out so they could fulfil the Matlock fixture on the Tuesday. The pitch held up quite well and it was a pretty good game of football too. Maybe Shaw were unable to muster the volunteers to make the pitch playable this morning?

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2018, 04:48:46 PM »

When Halifax had problems with their pitch a few years ago then had to play their home games at a different ground. I think they played a couple of games at Droylsden. I think Shaw Lane are being stubborn like Leamington were a couple of years ago.
They really should be beating teams like us

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2018, 05:15:43 PM »

I'm on the Derbyshire/Yorkshire border and the weather(until today) has been utterly foul. The snowfall on Monday was very heavy indeed and I gave the Shaw game no chance of going ahead. Having said that, I believe Buxton had 40 vo!unteers with pitchforks out so they could fulfil the Matlock fixture on the Tuesday. The pitch held up quite well and it was a pretty good game of football too. Maybe Shaw were unable to muster the volunteers to make the pitch playable this morning?

Shaw Lane would probably struggle for 4 volunteers, let alone 40.

anglo alty

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2018, 06:45:41 PM »

Sale Holmfield presents an intresting possibility from Finland not sure I agree wholeheartedly but if it were implemented it would be intresting to see what clubs do

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2018, 06:53:22 PM »

Thanks, AA. The other part of the deal, if you like, is that clubs in Finland, much as in Wales, are apparently encouraged to get artificial pitches so they can stage games, so, if they can't stage a game are seen as at fault.
Not sure I agree either.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match OFF