PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stourbridge - Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Stourbridge - Match Thread  (Read 12523 times)

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stourbridge - Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2018, 09:25:01 PM »

Alty equalise 75 mins. Hancock with rebound after JJ penalty saved

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2018, 09:50:27 PM »

Sounds like a good point.

Made better by Shaw Lane losing.

Over to Nantwich tomorrow to nudge us closer
Full time and proud of it

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 09:53:30 PM »

From the commentary sounds like we could have won but if you’ve offered us 4/6 from Lancaster & Stourbridge away before KO on Saturday you’d have taken it no question. Now to watch the rest of this weeks fixtures before we go again Saturday. Come on you Dabbers.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2018, 10:06:30 PM »

And Lancaster could do us a favour

buchanj9

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 10:10:01 PM »

Could have easily won or lost that game, draw is a fair result. 3 points at home on Saturday hopefully.

Hopefully White's injury is nothing serious, Also is Hampson nearly fit?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2018, 10:11:14 PM »

Believe Hampson will be ok for Saturday

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2018, 10:41:16 PM »

Have we made a mistake by having such a thin squad at this stage? Should we have strengthened more or recalled some loan players or were we just unlucky with the timing of Harrison and Poole’s injuries?

I can't imagine the other teams i.e. Warrington aren't stretched at this time also, and with less quality

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2018, 01:03:24 AM »

Just got back. A distinct game of two halves. We weren't at the races first half and deserved to be behind. Careless in possession far too often. Quality free kick by Benbow that undid us.

Second half we largely dominated but were wasteful with dead ball opportunities, including the poorly taken penalty. Fortunately Hancock was alert when the ball broke.

Apparently White was last seen being taken to find an open A&E to get his eyelid stitched, so we do rather need Hampson to be fit for Saturday. Merrie was quite tidy when he came on.

anglo alty

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2018, 06:12:49 AM »

Played well in difficult conditions especially 2nd half a good point in the overall scheme of things.Some tired legs understandably at the end and this i think will be our biggest threat

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2018, 10:35:38 AM »

I thought we were unplayable for a spell in the second half, ball just wouldn’t set up for us. A Draw in difficult conditions 48 hours after another game on a heavy pitch is fair enough for me.

andrewflynn

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2018, 11:36:13 AM »

1-1, a late Bailey-Jones equaliser rescues a point for the Robins.

Wasn't too far off.

Like the above post I thought we gave it as much of a kitchen sink job as we could do, given the fact we were probably leggy towards the end. One point closer, absolutely would have taken it before kick-off.

Merrie has a role to play over the next fortnight, deputised well for Richman who had to fill in at full-back. Never out of position and ticked the ball over well. Densmore superb. Peers worked incredibly hard too.

ianpickles

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2018, 11:39:15 AM »

After the many injuries Shaun Densmore has had over the years I didn't really expect him to be able to become a regular for us again. Last night he was brilliant, showing leadership with his determination and tenacity. It was a pleasure to see him doing so well from behind the Stourbridge goal. The stamina that took shows how fit he must be. It is great that he is able to perform like that. It takes enormous character to come through after all his setbacks.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2018, 12:55:14 PM »

I agree with the comments about Shaun Densmore..........I think he can be considered to be a true clubman in the same mould as others of recent days like Mad-dog, Stuart, etc. Alty heart worn on sleave sort of thing
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2018, 03:21:37 PM »

A quick update on the injury front, after speaking to Phil Parkinson at the end of the game. Andy White didn't suffer concussion, thankfully, but may need stitches in a cut eyelid. 'It will be stitches or glue, hopefully just glue,' said Phil. Phil hopes he might be ok for Saturday but will need to check nearer the time. On Connor Hampson, Phil said: 'Touch wood, he should be available for the squad for Saturday. That is a massive lift for us. He just needs to come through training on Thursday, but we are not going to push him because we don't want him out for the remainder of the season. It is a big positive for us, though, that his recovery has reached this stage.' On the general fitness front, he added: 'There are a lot of tight hamstrings and sore backs in there, things like that, but they will get a bit of time to recover now, ahead of a really big week for us next week.' Unsurprisingly, there was also glowing praise for Shaun Densmore. 'Dens was really driving us forward with those overlapping runs, down the right and then down the left when we had to make a change. He was a driving force for us. It was a real top, top performance from Shaun Densmore, but I would not expect anything less from him, because he is a winner. He has been ever so good for us this season, I must say. It was just a shame one of many goal-saving blocks denied him what would have been a winning goal late on. He looked sure to score, but one of their lads flung himself in the way. You could see what it would have meant to Dens from his reaction, and it was unfortunate, because he would have been a deserving matchwinner.'

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2018, 04:20:25 PM »

Good to hear Andy whites injury wasn’t as bad as first feared, still sounds painful though. Ice bath and a swim Thursday for training by the sounds of things
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stourbridge - Match Thread