PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight's Games
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Tonight's Games  (Read 10459 times)

andrewflynn

Re: Tonight's Games
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2018, 02:08:00 PM »

Good night

Lancaster keeper was young fella who had a storma for Abbey Hey at Moss Lane in the FAC - looks like he kept em out

Also think Barrows win tonight relegated Chester ?

Chester were relegated on saturday, Barrow might yet escape?

Cheers - realised soon after I posted - Chester could not catch Woking before tonight's game

200 at Warrington tonight - Rugby League town

But, let alone Warrington Town, Rylands were talking about their EFL ambitions this week in the Non-League Paper. Some people are delusional, though, pretty clearly.

Anyway, excellent results for us once more with Ashton United starting to look like the team who might hit the playoffs in good form.

Whilst broadly agreeing, let's not forget that many of us mocked Boreham Wood when they went full time, and they're now looking at National League play offs.  And when Accrington bloody Stanley got out of NWCL1 in 86/7, who saw THEM looking at the third tier next season ? We're in the gutter now, and we SHOULD be staring at the stars, then aiming for them. No ambition, no progress.

AFC Fylde have had 2022 on their shirts for more than a decade now as their target date to enter the Football League, which seemed like a long time  then, but after steady planned progress and a lot of money, does seem all too possible now. I contrast that to Rylands who have apparently been turned down by the NWCL, and are in the bottom half of the Cheshire League Prem, but are still talking about the Football League!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: as a business- any kind of business- you have to have a long-term (5+years) vision. Once you have a vision, you then put in place a plan (year-by-year) to allow you to achieve that vision. And once you have the plan, only then can you direct resources (both human and/or technical) to make that plan happen.

Unless the board can come up with a strategic review that leads to an ultimate vision for the Club, we're simply treading water.

Let's have the vision. Let's have the goal (pardon the pun). And let's get the entire Club: the board, the management, the supporters working together towards one common goal.

...and if that vision isn't the Football League then we might as well pack it in.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2018, 03:35:46 PM »

Good night

Lancaster keeper was young fella who had a storma for Abbey Hey at Moss Lane in the FAC - looks like he kept em out

Cheers - realised soon after I posted - Chester could not catch Woking before tonight's game

But, let alone Warrington Town, Rylands were talking about their EFL ambitions this week in the Non-League Paper. Some people are delusional, though, pretty clearly.

Anyway, excellent results for us once more with Ashton United starting to look like the team who might hit the playoffs in good form.

Whilst broadly agreeing, let's not forget that many of us mocked Boreham Wood when they went full time, and they're now looking at National League play offs.  And when Accrington bloody Stanley got out of NWCL1 in 86/7, who saw THEM looking at the third tier next season ? We're in the gutter now, and we SHOULD be staring at the stars, then aiming for them. No ambition, no progress.

AFC Fylde have had 2022 on their shirts for more than a decade now as their target date to enter the Football League, which seemed like a long time  then, but after steady planned progress and a lot of money, does seem all too possible now. I contrast that to Rylands who have apparently been turned down by the NWCL, and are in the bottom half of the Cheshire League Prem, but are still talking about the Football League!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: as a business- any kind of business- you have to have a long-term (5+years) vision. Once you have a vision, you then put in place a plan (year-by-year) to allow you to achieve that vision. And once you have the plan, only then can you direct resources (both human and/or technical) to make that plan happen.

Unless the board can come up with a strategic review that leads to an ultimate vision for the Club, we're simply treading water.

Let's have the vision. Let's have the goal (pardon the pun). And let's get the entire Club: the board, the management, the supporters working together towards one common goal.

...and if that vision isn't the Football League then we might as well pack it in.

Lawrence Looney's comments at the recent forum thingy were interesting in that he said the 5 (now 4) year review wasn't accompanied by a plan and it was his job to assemble one and more importantly set out means by which it can be delivered. York City's chairman has just resigned revealing their required income which could also reasonably sustain Conf National football with all the assoc staff costs etc is over £1m pa - twice that of ours. A FL club, presumably a number of 100s of thousands more. In the absence of a credible bidder for the 51% shares such as Macc's Mr Alkadhi (currently owed £1.2m and counting) we're going to have to at least double our income. It's a big challenge that's for sure and that's why we need new blood and new ideas on the Board. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 03:39:08 PM by JTH »

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2018, 03:47:35 PM »

Good night

AFC Fylde have had 2022 on their shirts for more than a decade now as their target date to enter the Football League, which seemed like a long time  then, but after steady planned progress and a lot of money, does seem all too possible now. I contrast that to Rylands who have apparently been turned down by the NWCL, and are in the bottom half of the Cheshire League Prem, but are still talking about the Football League!

Lawrence Looney's comments at the recent forum thingy were interesting in that he said the 5 (now 4) year review wasn't accompanied by a plan and it was his job to assemble one and more importantly set out means by which it can be delivered. York City's chairman has just resigned revealing their required income which could also reasonably sustain Conf National football with all the assoc staff costs etc is over £1m pa - twice that of ours. A FL club, presumably a number of 100s of thousands more. In the absence of a credible bidder for the 51% shares such as Macc's Mr Alkadhi (currently owed £1.2m and counting) we're going to have to at least double our income. It's a big challenge that's for sure and that's why we need new blood and new ideas on the Board. 

Which in turn makes the overhaul of the commercial side of things all the more vital. I do think we are starting to move on the right direction on this to be fair.  I was impressed with Mr Looney's words at the recent meeting.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2018, 09:51:33 PM »

Completely agree with those aspirations,... the problem has always been affording them  :D ;) :-\

Too right Foden. If only the football club was up for sale for us to talk about to the outside world, and we weren’t being held back by the mindset of a few still living in 2003.

If only...

If only,....  the area was full of multi millionaire benefactors who didnt mind not being millionaires much longer  :o

If only,... you would see something positive the club does/has done,... 

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2018, 11:15:17 PM »

Great results for us. Up the reds
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight's Games