PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 winning this league
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: winning this league  (Read 14801 times)

Matt Taylor

Re: winning this league
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2018, 04:29:16 PM »

That's ridiculous, some people still go that want GR out and some people don't go that want him out. Likewise vice-versa, the only real knowledge is that he's currently a hindrance more than a help and if he really cared he would step down.

Spot on. There is a wide spectrum of disillusionment with the club (off the field) among the fan base, and the club trying to file all of these supporters in the “f*ck them” category is severely missing the point.

Some don’t go at all any more, some only go to away games, some go home games but refuse to spend in the CSH, or refuse to spend money in the bar either side of the game, or don’t buy a programme, or don’t support the fundraisers in the same way anymore, some go the games and spend their money but refuse to volunteer for jobs they would otherwise be doing at the club, etc. etc.
Of course there are many others don’t give two hoots about who is in charge, or even who we are playing, and just want to watch a game of football on a Saturday. And it would be churlish of anyone to ignore the fact that there are those who still believe the current chairman is the best man to lead us forward.

Trying to quantify the negative impact the current chairman is having on the club is difficult. But what is for sure is that, whatever the rights or wrongs of it, the football club will never reach its full potential while Grahame Rowley remains as chairman. It’s impossible. However good things are, or get (and here’s hoping they get as good as possible!), we will always be short of where we could potentially be if not for one person, and if we had all the groups above rowing in the same direction.

What a shame.

Can you quantify “some” so we can assess the potential shortfall?
By the way it’s been drizzling in Buxton for the last couple of hours.

My point wasn’t about numbers (the immediate impact is hard to quantify as I said), but around the wide spectrum of opinions that persist within the fanbase, even through the best possible league season we could have had, and the impossibility of us ever reaching our full potential under the current set up. Whatever the rights and wrongs of it all.
But I think we both know you already knew that...

I’ll bring a coat. Thank you.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: winning this league
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2018, 08:51:48 AM »

The only sensible option would be for Grahame to step down for his position and test the water. If nobody came back, it's not like he couldn't pick the job again in 6 months.

It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 winning this league