PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 winning this league
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: winning this league  (Read 14792 times)

T.C

winning this league
« on: April 15, 2018, 08:21:03 AM »

i feel a lot of fans feel it is almost beneath us to crow about winning this league, yet not many clubs nose dive like we did and immediately upturn without levelling out first. though not quite there yet , i think its a great achievement and have enjoyed our football and am really looking forward to next season already. the management team and players deserve a lot of credit and the great atmosphere we had a while back is slowly returning and with away support increasing next year should be good. ONWARDS AND UPWARDS 

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: winning this league
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 08:48:52 AM »

If we were talking about the Conference North I would agree.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 08:53:04 AM »

Whilst taking nothing away from the manner in which we've gone about kick starting our revival, I'm certainly not "crowing" about winning this league  (which we will do) since that was our minimum target this season.

I'll start beating my drum if we continue to progress in a similar manner in National North.

Cider Alty

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 09:25:43 AM »

The crowd yesterday was surprisingly low. I thought the game had all the atmosphere of pre-season friendly apart from the odd ten minutes.

Something needs to change. We need every single Alty fan pulling behind the club. No one person is bigger than the club.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 09:34:16 AM »

The crowd yesterday was fine and despite agreeing that its a terrible position we are in I for one will be enjoying the celebrations if we manage to do it.  Balls to "well we shouldnt have been there", we are and we've done a bloody great job getting out of it.  Well done all
Bernard Taylors barmy army

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 09:56:05 AM »

This season has been a success. It is becoming tiring with comments ' we shouldn't be here' bla bla, we all agree with this but the fact is we are and I have enjoyed watching us play decent football for the first time in years. I just feel this management and team deserve our full support.
We are still 3 or 4 players off challenging for playoffs next season, assuming we go up but that is a huge improvement from the previous season when we had players who really struggled to actually pass the ball. Aswell as decent players we have fighters in this team which I've not seen for years and years. Sinnott did well with us but we still had a bunch of fairies under him.

andrewflynn

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 10:00:39 AM »

I can only speak for myself like, but even though winning this league was my minimum expectancy it doesn’t make me any less inclined to celebrate the success (should it happen.)

I’ve not travelled to all these villages across the north of England just to politely applaud and nod once the job is done. A lot of effort has gone into this season and our upturn in form needs to be celebrated.

Not lauded, not heralded as a historic season, just a positive appreciation of us accomplishing the mission.

Cider Alty

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 10:01:07 AM »

The crowd yesterday was fine and despite agreeing that its a terrible position we are in I for one will be enjoying the celebrations if we manage to do it.  Balls to "well we shouldnt have been there", we are and we've done a bloody great job getting out of it.  Well done all

880 is not fine. Given how good the weather was, low admission prices etc. I was expecting at least 1000. At a guess I'm pretty sure our average crowd this season is preventing the club to break even on a week to week basis.  

andrewflynn

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 10:01:59 AM »

880 is not fine. Given how good the weather was, low admission prices etc. I was expecting at least 1000. At a guess I'm pretty sure our average crowd this season is preventing the club to break even on a week to week basis.  

As many will tell you, there were far more than 880 in attendance yesterday. I don’t want to open a can of worms but it looked over 1,000 to us.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 10:09:34 AM »

I can only speak for myself like, but even though winning this league was my minimum expectancy it doesn’t make me any less inclined to celebrate the success (should it happen.)

I’ve not travelled to all these villages across the north of England just to politely applaud and nod once the job is done. A lot of effort has gone into this season and our upturn in form needs to be celebrated.

Not lauded, not heralded as a historic season, just a positive appreciation of us accomplishing the mission.

This sums up my feelings best. It’s been an excellent and triumphant season with a fine management team and a group of players we can once again feel proud of. It doesn’t have the same buzz though as the Conference North play off season partly because its looked inevitable for months that we’d go back up but also partly because I do feel we shouldn’t have been here in the first place and this season has been more about fighting past wrongs. A bit like when City beat Gillingham in that famous play off final and the Council asked if they wanted a parade and they said no thanks. The real work now starts in August for me.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 10:10:02 AM »

As many will tell you, there were far more than 880 in attendance yesterday. I don’t want to open a can of worms but it looked over 1,000 to us.

Around 1000 was mooted by the guys I stand with, but I said more like 900. I await  a PROPER figure against Hednesford, aided by the Beer Festival and hopefully the trophy presentation.

Cider Alty

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 10:14:10 AM »

Even a 1000 is not great is it? South Shields had 1500 yesterday. The penultimate sat home game to a championship winning season?

Jezza

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2018, 10:30:08 AM »

We never won the NPL but we won the unibond which was probably a notch above this level....
While not a massive thing to crow about the achievement of winning a league after succesive relegations and given the fact everyone raises their game against us because we are alty and top is to be applauded and celebrated...massive achievement for pp and the players.
Still a lot of fans missing...great shame...and while i feel more connected to the team i feel very disconnected from the club.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2018, 10:40:13 AM »

Even a 1000 is not great is it? South Shields had 1500 yesterday. The penultimate sat home game to a championship winning season?

Different situation though. South Shields are clearly on a roll, heading for two promotions on the bounce, they won the Vase last year and apparently crowds have been boosted by disaffected Sunderland fans. We are recovering from two seasons of disaster and this is our lowest level in living memory. South Shields and Alty are not like for like.

We have the highest crowds in this division and I think they have held up well, all things considered. The big issue remains loyal hardcore fans staying away until we have a new chairman , but then that has nothing to do with Parkinson or how we have performed. Full credit to him and the team for the job (nearly) done. They deserve any celebrations this season.

andrewflynn

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2018, 11:10:39 AM »

The crowd yesterday was fine and despite agreeing that its a terrible position we are in I for one will be enjoying the celebrations if we manage to do it.  Balls to "well we shouldnt have been there", we are and we've done a bloody great job getting out of it.  Well done all

Different situation though. South Shields are clearly on a roll, heading for two promotions on the bounce, they won the Vase last year and apparently crowds have been boosted by disaffected Sunderland fans. We are recovering from two seasons of disaster and this is our lowest level in living memory. South Shields and Alty are not like for like.

We have the highest crowds in this division and I think they have held up well, all things considered. The big issue remains loyal hardcore fans staying away until we have a new chairman , but then that has nothing to do with Parkinson or how we have performed. Full credit to him and the team for the job (nearly) done. They deserve any celebrations this season.

Beat me to it, South Shields are an anomaly. Our crowds haven't been as bad as I though they would this season. Obviously they'd be bigger and more atmospheric with a unified fan base but for the most part I think, as the above post mentions, they've held up quite well. With or without the stay away fans - I fancy us to average over 1,000 next season which would bring us back to normality in terms of attendances.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 winning this league