PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Buxton - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Buxton - Match Thread  (Read 10472 times)

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Buxton - Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2018, 10:44:39 AM »

Official news will confirm but it’s safe to say he’s done for the season. This is bad. Hampson back Thursday is a god send.

ADDED: It’s his hamstring, that’s confirmed. Needs to be assessed but first signs are it’s a tear. f**ks sake.

So Tom Hannigan is now our only fit centre half. Some sort of irony there.
Alas, Sam Heathcote is also fit.......

Thought he was a striker now? He's sh*t anyway.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2018, 11:10:40 AM »

Official news will confirm but it’s safe to say he’s done for the season. This is bad. Hampson back Thursday is a god send.

ADDED: It’s his hamstring, that’s confirmed. Needs to be assessed but first signs are it’s a tear. f**ks sake.

So Tom Hannigan is now our only fit centre half. Some sort of irony there.
Alas, Sam Heathcote is also fit.......

Thought he was a striker now? He's sh*t anyway.

I would put Moult there and then have Richman and Harrop in centre mid. I love Harrop's passion but would tell him to chill a bit.

Jezza

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2018, 12:10:31 PM »

I too would play Moult centre half.....also agree about telling the entire team (not just harrop) not to play into shaw lane's hands....not to get wound up by their gamesmanship and play them at their own game......

Also love the irony in Tom being our only fit centre half.... ;D ;D ;D

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2018, 12:11:34 PM »

I would put Moult there and then have Richman and Harrop in centre mid. I love Harrop's passion but would tell him to chill a bit.

I had to turn and look away when I saw Max charging towards their player that got him the yellow card - it was like a slow motion train crash coming !

Birkonian

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2018, 08:38:33 PM »

Buxton set out to frustrate by playing an unattractive almost anti-football style. The referee failed to clamp down on their persistent fouling. I can understand teams don’t want to get tonked by us, but I’ve got far more respect for teams that try and play football like Barwell on sat (not the the away game against them though) than Buxton last night. I expect more of the same against shaw lane.
Nice little ground though.

A post match comment from one of the players "So physical it was like a boxing match on a dreadful pitch. Expect the same on Thursday."

They showed good discipline to grind out a draw.

Jezza

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2018, 11:21:38 AM »

Apart from a bit of a slope the only thing wrong with the pitch was possibly the grass was a bit long.....struck me how good it looked when I walked in don't really think we can have any complaints about it.

Was incredibly physical though but Buxton did play some decent stuff and Thommo definetly the busier of the two keepers.....mostly though they just hoofed it long and chased...poor Jordan had two or three defenders on him everytime pulling him around...
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Buxton - Match Thread