PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shaw Lane - Match Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Shaw Lane - Match Thread  (Read 11188 times)

andrewflynn

Shaw Lane - Match Thread
« on: April 18, 2018, 11:35:42 AM »

Shaw Lane 21/10
Draw 11/4
Altrincham 11/10

Bet Victor.

Jezza

Re: Shaw Lane - Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 12:08:50 PM »

team selection will be interesting.....I can see why PP played Merrie last night and was maybe resting Hancock.....Buxton were just too stubborn and physical I'm afraid....

I'd go
Thommo
Dens Hanigan Moult Hampson (white if conor not fit)
Harrop Richman
Hancock Peers Hulme JJ

Need to win to relax the nerves I reckon but we shouldn't be too disappointed with draws at Grantham and Shaw Lane......and seriously cant believe I am saying that as an Altrincham FC fan...even though shaw lane are obviously drained they will have 20 mins of decent football in them......a win definetly on the cards though and I'll be there!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 12:23:31 PM »

Thompson

Densmore  Moult Hannigan White

Richman Harrop

Johnson   Hancock   Peeers

Hulme

Subs Hampson,  Merrie, Heathcote, A. Jones, ?

Decent enough starting 11 with a bit of cover.

Would take another draw, but a win would be mega.

Shaw Lane 1-1 Alty

I will fight my way through Tintwistle to get there.
Full time and proud of it

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 12:50:32 PM »

Is the route through Glossop and the Woodhead Pass A628 the generally favoured route ?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 01:01:24 PM »

It is but it’s proper slow, other option is go through charlesworth, old glossop and that back round that brings you out half way up the at the reservoir

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 01:48:54 PM »

Would have Hampson at left back (if fit). Hardly any options now unfortunately.
I think we'll win tomorrow and one way or another, Saturday will be the day...

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 02:44:48 PM »

Am I the only one that is just a little bit nervous?

I do think we'll do it, but it's nowhere near as comfortable as some were predicting earlier in the season. I can't help but think back to 90/91 when after beating (comprehensively) Barnet with 2 weeks to go Saint & Greavsie announced that we looked certain to be going up. There then followed 7 games in two weeks where we all know what happened.....different times, different class of a team and different class of opposition, but there are some similarities.

COME ON WE CAN DO THIS......4 points should be enough.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 02:56:57 PM »

I'm nervous but confident....a win at shaw lane or grantham will ease those nerves.

Yes I could see a buxton late winner last night....150 chirpy buxton fans going mad with their team at the end....shaw lane pulling back a 2 goal alty lead before reevesey strikes in the 92nd minute, we leave to taunts from the shaw lane youth ultras......outplayed at grantham angry scenes as the players depart after a 3-0 defeat....no problem, still got two home games left....it all goes wrong 2-0 down in 10 mins at home to marine, moss lane rocks in the 2nd half as we pull it back to 2-2 and have a late winner disallowed.......

we've got hednesford at home last game.....surely a 4-0 win.......and we've done it.....aannnnd breathe...

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 02:58:42 PM »

We will do it under our own steam, but that Grantham v Warrington game is one neither will want to lose, both will be desperate for the points and home advantage in the playoffs. Even if we don’t win the next two games we’ve little to worry about

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 03:06:23 PM »

If its a case of having to get a point from two home games next week then surely we would manage that  , two tough games coming up I wouldn't be surprrised if we  win one and lose one not sure which way round though.Dont think it will go to  the last game
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 03:11:08 PM by Timperley The Best »

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 03:31:17 PM »

I was talking with Phil and Neil last night and I can tell you that these two are intensely focused on the next four games and not a degree of complacency from either of them.  Phil observes that we are undefeated in April (two home wins, two away draws and four battling performances).  And the way he said this made me feel that this was no accident but rather a consequence of the way the team have approached these matches

This goes a long way to reduce (but not eradicate) my nervousness. 

Matt Taylor

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 05:02:56 PM »

We will do it under our own steam, but that Grantham v Warrington game is one neither will want to lose, both will be desperate for the points and home advantage in the playoffs. Even if we don’t win the next two games we’ve little to worry about

Indeed Pete. I’ll be surprised if we ended up needing the full 4 points to win the league, but either way, the 2 home games next week are exactly what the doctor ordered for any team with a comfortable lead at the top of the table in the final week. We did the bulk of the donkey work in that unbeaten run pre-Xmas, and so it should be pretty straightforward from here.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2018, 05:28:37 PM »

I'm not looking forward to this game. They will be prepared to throw the kitchen sink at us since the memory of their drubbing at Moss Lane is still fresh.

I think we'll lose a bad-tempered clash 2-0. I'm worried about red cards for retaliation, and would start Merrie ahead of Harrop. I might even consider resting Hulme.

If we DO have a straight red card, the victim would miss Hednesford and the first two games of next season. The thinness of our squad is somewhat worrying.

We'll beat Grantham, and seal it at home against Marine.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2018, 05:48:51 PM »

Can't say I'm looking forward to it.

As Shaw Lane really need the 3 points desperately they will indeed throw the kitchen sink at us. This should leave us space to attack.
Full time and proud of it

roytonmike

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2018, 06:25:33 PM »

Am I the only one that is just a little bit nervous?

I do think we'll do it, but it's nowhere near as comfortable as some were predicting earlier in the season. I can't help but think back to 90/91 when after beating (comprehensively) Barnet with 2 weeks to go Saint & Greavsie announced that we looked certain to be going up. There then followed 7 games in two weeks where we all know what happened.....different times, different class of a team and different class of opposition, but there are some similarities.

COME ON WE CAN DO THIS......4 points should be enough.
No, make that at least two of us with bad memories of 90/91. Masochist that I am I still have that bit of Saint & Greavsie on a DVD, & it's like a bad dream. What makes it worse is that I wasn't able to get to Buxton last night & won't be at Shaw Lane tomorrow. Nervous as a kitten best describes my feelings, not improved one iota by the injury to James Jones. Third on our list of central defenders he might be but he had been improving rapidly & will be sadly missed in the run-in. My fingers are crossed that by the time I travel to Grantham on Saturday we might be in a relatively more secure position, but I wouldn't like to bet on it, even if I were a betting man. On a more positive historical note, we secured our place as founder members of the Conference North with a 'squeaky bum' 1-0 win over Runcorn on April 24th 2004. Fourteen years on to the day we'll be playing Marine - I don't really want to spend 87 increasingly nervous minutes after we take an early lead from a free-kick; that's a bit too Groundhog Day - but if it has to be then so be it ... All the best to all those heading for Barnsley tomorrow! 
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shaw Lane - Match Thread