PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next season's squad
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Next season's squad  (Read 26332 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Next season's squad
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2018, 08:32:37 AM »

Rankine as supersub

Pfft, Kyle Perry please.

I have fond memories of some of those big wins we used to get against ex-League clubs (Bristol Rovers etc) where Kyle was an absolute sh*thouse by the corner flag in injury time. Happy days.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2018, 09:27:47 AM »

Pretty much agree, keep all the players who played a decent number of games this year, release Sam (sorry) and Bailly-Jones and those who went out on loan.

Essential Targets:
Striker - a squad with one recognised striker is well short, would be happy to keep Jordan as first choice
Keeper - ditto keeper, but would rather genuine competition for TT or even new first choice - distribution and rush of blood moments are too frequent for me

Secondary targets:
CM replace Merrie in the squad - competing with Moult and Richman first choice is what we need, not necessarily a step up from these two, Harrop to come on from bench
Winger replace Miller in the squad - if he's first choice great but a front four of JH, JJ, JP, JH is pretty good so another impact sub alongside Peers would be enough
Striker - a squad really needs three strikers although how much game time the 3rd choice will get will be an issue playing one up top if Jordan stays fit again - could get away with knowing about some viable loan targets in case of injury

I'd rather spend the budget on the first two and then see what's left for the others.  Defence is probably OK - 3 good full backs and 3 good CB in the squad with additional cover from Si and Jake if we get injury hit again, feels OK.

In terms of personnel mentioned, Leather - yes (but not a priority area), Luca -No, Grantham keeper definitely, team of the season keeper and played well against us at theirs but suspect distance will be an issue

Good post.

I would love to see Miller take personal responsibility and get himself super fit and trim before pre season and see how he does. On his game he is the extra winger we are missing.

Again Taylor is a good player but I feel we just need that little bit more from a centre mid.

Keeper is a must, along with a proven hungry goal scorer at this level.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2018, 12:15:12 PM »

Rankine as supersub

I'd rather have Havern back!

No ta
Full time and proud of it

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2018, 04:42:06 PM »

Rankine as supersub

And ruin the team spirit in one move, just like last time. Nowhere near our club thanks. I'd have Scott Allison but suspect if he lives around Workington not much chance of him moving.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2018, 04:49:31 PM »

Rankine as supersub

I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole!! I suspect your suggestion was very tongue in cheek though.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2018, 05:12:01 PM »

Rankine as supersub

I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole!! I suspect your suggestion was very tongue in cheek though.

I suspect it was tongue-in-cheek after my suggestion of Sean Williams. I still stand by that one to be honest, I think he'd start in our current team and he's a decent set piece taker too.

G E

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2018, 09:23:24 PM »

You're a funny lot! I remember the slagging off of your team/Management after your first game against Stafford and now, before the paint has dried on your success this season (congratulations btw) you're already talking about winning the NN (or play-offs as a minimum). Going full-time is financially crazy imo.

I don't know your Chairman, personally, and some/most of you have issues with him but to give him a bit of credit I watched your Reserves last night & he mucked in behind the bar.

You could of course not win it, but come back down to the Evostick League or to reality.

GE

andrewflynn

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2018, 10:16:03 PM »

A Chairman should not be applauded for “mucking in behind the bar.” I can do that.

G E

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2018, 11:15:15 PM »

Yes, but you didn't.
GE

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2018, 11:38:33 PM »

Yes, but you didn't.
GE

Well that’s you told Mr Cooker. You can’t argue with logic like that.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2018, 01:01:19 AM »

Yes, but you didn't.
GE

Well that’s you told Mr Cooker. You can’t argue with logic like that.
Or as Billy Joel puts it "you should never argue with a crazy mind".

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2018, 07:59:28 AM »

Rankine as supersub

It wasnt, if our passing game isnt working and we need something different instead of a sam heathcote up front a battering ram is needed.  Like Perry Rankine would fit this mould.  Not something i expect pp to do but we may need to change the way we play if its not working.  Doubt he'd be happy to be on the bench.  Best moment of few years ago when rocky robin ran round the pitch just behind him pretending to be training.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2018, 09:26:49 PM »

To me both Rankine and Perry seemed disinterested at times and didn't look for the ball enough. There were notable exceptions. Perry's game at Macc being one. I can't think of any point in any game when Jordan wasn't interested in scoring. Long may it continue.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2018, 09:36:11 PM »

To me both Rankine and Perry seemed disinterested at times and didn't look for the ball enough. There were notable exceptions. Perry's game at Macc being one. I can't think of any point in any game when Jordan wasn't interested in scoring. Long may it continue.
the away game at Macc will live in memory for a long time none of them cared
ParkINson's red and white army

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2018, 09:15:17 AM »

Jordan will never not want to score - it's in his nature (a bit like a young Rooney really). He's the sort of player that would be well fired up by Macc.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next season's squad