News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stafff v Supporters 2018

Author Topic: Stafff v Supporters 2018  (Read 4166 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Stafff v Supporters 2018
« on: May 01, 2018, 08:04:26 PM »

This morning I had a text message asking if the Supporters Team were available this Saturday for the annual game.

I personally feel this is a little last minute as many people will have made plans, myself included.

However, if anybody would like to play, please ring the club during office hours.

The supporters team organisers have requested if the club is serious about hosting this fixture, that it be a season opener in July.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 08:08:29 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stafff v Supporters 2018
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 12:27:35 AM »

Not my decision , but I'm sure that wouldn't be in the best interest of a new pitch.

bighairedmike

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 07:29:33 AM »

Not my decision , but I'm sure that wouldn't be in the best interest of a new pitch.

Has a new pitch been laid Bryan?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 07:37:35 AM »

What was your view of playing a league match the night before Hednesford?
It's all my fault.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 12:49:47 PM »

It's always been an end of season fixture. Although the planning has been poor this season,there's surely still time to organise something. July would be next pre season meaning there wouldn't be one this season.

andrewflynn

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 01:15:01 PM »

It should have been part of the Beer Festival as it has been in the past. I can't help but feel that it was probably overlooked in favour of other additions to the (highly successful) weekend schedule. Remember, I had to come on here and backtrack after I stated there weren't any plans to host the fixture as part of the weekend, so you'd have thought something would have been arranged after that.

The Supporters' team itself hasn't been as active as in recent times hence why no one has chased it up, but its a good fundraiser and it extends beyond the core squad that go to training and play against other teams. Usually an open door policy in the interest of getting a big squad, and more money into the club.

It looks like we're doing this to tick a box and its far too short notice unfortunately. Better to go away, have a think about how we can integrate it into next years' Festival, and make a proper go of it with a full experience for all who pay to play.

david sneddon

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 01:58:40 PM »

Hopefully a new chairman by next year so people will be more than willing to pay to play. And join the patrons scheme, attend football matches and drink in the community sports hall.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 02:20:50 PM »

It should have been part of the Beer Festival as it has been in the past. I can't help but feel that it was probably overlooked in favour of other additions to the (highly successful) weekend schedule. Remember, I had to come on here and backtrack after I stated there weren't any plans to host the fixture as part of the weekend, so you'd have thought something would have been arranged after that.

The Supporters' team itself hasn't been as active as in recent times hence why no one has chased it up, but its a good fundraiser and it extends beyond the core squad that go to training and play against other teams. Usually an open door policy in the interest of getting a big squad, and more money into the club.

It looks like we're doing this to tick a box and its far too short notice unfortunately. Better to go away, have a think about how we can integrate it into next years' Festival, and make a proper go of it with a full experience for all who pay to play.

Should involve Alty TV, radio robins twitter coverage.
It's all my fault.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2018, 04:47:05 PM »

Hopefully a new chairman by next year so people will be more than willing to pay to play. And join the patrons scheme, attend football matches and drink in the community sports hall.

Would be nice but highly unlikely.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stafff v Supporters 2018