PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Conference North Taking Shape
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Conference North Taking Shape  (Read 21473 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Conference North Taking Shape
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2018, 10:07:06 AM »

Fingers crossed for Kings Lynn today. One of my oldest mates is from there and we’ve been waiting for Lynn to play Alty for 20 years now.

On a related note I am off to see the Isthmian Premier PO final today-Dulwich vs Hendon being played at Tooting and Mitcham. Dulwichs 3rd play off final in 3 seasons to try and get into National South. Having finished 2nd to the Billericay circus and their £££ and having been locked out of their Champion Hill stadium mid season due to the US property company who own the land throwing their toys out of the pram after their redevelopment proposals were blocked by the local authority, there would be a sense of justice if Dulwich go up today.

I've followed the Dulwich saga with great interest. Good luck to them today, they deserve to succeed.

roytonmike

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2018, 01:09:25 PM »

The FA tend to work on straight lines across the country west to east. If Lynn beat Slough they will almost certainly be placed in the North - Lynn is north of Telford & only marginally south of Stafford. As Lynn came 2nd in their league I would like to see them gain their just reward, as Ashton did, & it would also be a new ground to visit & an excuse for me to spend some time in a part of Norfolk I don't know.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2018, 01:33:48 PM »

The FA tend to work on straight lines across the country west to east. If Lynn beat Slough they will almost certainly be placed in the North - Lynn is north of Telford & only marginally south of Stafford. As Lynn came 2nd in their league I would like to see them gain their just reward, as Ashton did, & it would also be a new ground to visit & an excuse for me to spend some time in a part of Norfolk I don't know.

Mike,

If we do end up in the same division as King's Lynn, would that engender Alty's first competitive fixture in Norfolk?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

roytonmike

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2018, 02:44:41 PM »

Mike,
If we do end up in the same division as King's Lynn, would that engender Alty's first competitive fixture in Norfolk?
In a word - yes!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2018, 03:09:34 PM »

Kings Lynn v Slough has been delayed due to crowd congestion

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2018, 04:03:59 PM »

Strange people in Kings Lynn  they make nearby Boston folk look civilised. North Norfolk however is gorgeous, maswivel empty beaches and great pubs. A nailed on weekender.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2018, 04:06:31 PM »

Kings Lynn 1-0 Slough, mystery to me Norfolk, I’ve been to Bosnia, but never to Norfolk

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2018, 04:13:50 PM »

1-1

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2018, 05:20:51 PM »

Kings Lynn 1-2 Slough right at the death

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2018, 07:34:09 PM »

Kings Lynn 1-2 Slough right at the death

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume Slough's promotion means we'll get Hereford but also unfortunately keep Brackley too?

In fact, a King's Lynn win would probably have meant we'd get them, Hereford AND lose Brackley, which would have been great.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2018, 07:56:35 PM »

Southport have reappointed Liam Watson as manager.

Neck ache awaits
Full time and proud of it

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2018, 07:57:31 PM »

Yes it looks like we will definitely get Hereford and also whoever loses the conference north playoff, I wouldn’t have a Harrogate win as a foregone conclusion though

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2018, 09:32:53 PM »

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2018, 12:22:56 PM »

Fingers crossed for Kings Lynn today. One of my oldest mates is from there and we’ve been waiting for Lynn to play Alty for 20 years now.

On a related note I am off to see the Isthmian Premier PO final today-Dulwich vs Hendon being played at Tooting and Mitcham. Dulwichs 3rd play off final in 3 seasons to try and get into National South. Having finished 2nd to the Billericay circus and their £££ and having been locked out of their Champion Hill stadium mid season due to the US property company who own the land throwing their toys out of the pram after their redevelopment proposals were blocked by the local authority, there would be a sense of justice if Dulwich go up today.

I've followed the Dulwich saga with great interest. Good luck to them today, they deserve to succeed.

Great day yesterday as Dulwich won a nervy tight play off final on pens, with the final kick of the shoot out. 3300 there too, congrats to them.

anglo alty

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2018, 12:52:49 PM »

Hope its Hereford its a home game for me
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Conference North Taking Shape