PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Talking about investment...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Talking about investment...  (Read 36650 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Talking about investment...
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2018, 09:41:06 PM »

If you or someone you know wants to give some money to the club, thats great,.. all he/she needs to do is ring or email the club. Standing around making noises isnt the best means of communicating ;) ::)

Oh I don't know, standing around tweeting has brought one share holder in already....
It's all my fault.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2018, 09:47:13 PM »

I'm getting mixed messages as to whether the requirement is for one person to buy 51% or a group of people to invest significantly. How much is 51% valued at roughly?

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2018, 10:05:35 PM »

You imply the club has not been trying to find investment over the last 20 years, completely the opposite is true as I know from personal experience.

So, in this ‘personal experience’ of yours Foden, what did we have to offer these people over the past 20 years when we made all this effort to attract investment into the club? Half a page in the program? A horse in the race-night? Sponsorship of Gary Scott’s socks? It seems very peculiar to me that we would have made so much effort to attract investment/investors over that period, but have suddenly became so shy now we actually have something tangible to offer people...
It’s not limited to Pete’s earlier list either, almost every club above us in the football pecking order has managed to attract these people to buy into their clubs (hence why they have moved above us while we stood still), so the idea that they don’t exist doesn’t ring true.

I understand that dinosaurs like yourself have more than enough Alty memories of your own (from when we used to be good) in the football w@nk bank to keep you smiling until the grave - incidentally, from a period where when we were actually proactive about attracting investment into the club, and not more concerned with protecting one man’s retirement hobby. But that is no excuse for you, or anyone else for that matter, sucking the ambition out of the club for the next generation of fans who follow.

Wow, where did that tirade come from ?

Having been a director of this club and having personally invested tens of thousands into it, most fans would understand how distasteful it is to be disrespected by a fag packet know it all like you Taylor.
Those of us having created and still run numerous businesses and employ hundreds of people do understand investment and how to get it.
The fundamental reason people havent found Alty attractive for investment is it doesnt make financial sense and nobody with deep enough pockets has had enough love for the club to empty them into it.
Another reason I would have personally if I invested is having to deal with complete tossers like you.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2018, 10:15:10 PM »

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2018, 10:45:33 PM »

You imply the club has not been trying to find investment over the last 20 years, completely the opposite is true as I know from personal experience.

So, in this ‘personal experience’ of yours Foden, what did we have to offer these people over the past 20 years when we made all this effort to attract investment into the club? Half a page in the program? A horse in the race-night? Sponsorship of Gary Scott’s socks? It seems very peculiar to me that we would have made so much effort to attract investment/investors over that period, but have suddenly became so shy now we actually have something tangible to offer people...
It’s not limited to Pete’s earlier list either, almost every club above us in the football pecking order has managed to attract these people to buy into their clubs (hence why they have moved above us while we stood still), so the idea that they don’t exist doesn’t ring true.

I understand that dinosaurs like yourself have more than enough Alty memories of your own (from when we used to be good) in the football w@nk bank to keep you smiling until the grave - incidentally, from a period where when we were actually proactive about attracting investment into the club, and not more concerned with protecting one man’s retirement hobby. But that is no excuse for you, or anyone else for that matter, sucking the ambition out of the club for the next generation of fans who follow.

Having been a director of this club and having personally invested tens of thousands into it, most fans would understand how distasteful it is to be disrespected by a fag packet know it all like you Taylor.
Those of us having created and still run numerous businesses and employ hundreds of people do understand investment and how to get it.
The fundamental reason people havent found Alty attractive for investment is it doesnt make financial sense and nobody with deep enough pockets has had enough love for the club to empty them into it.
Another reason I would have personally if I invested is having to deal with complete tossers like you.

Quick question, where does fag packet know it all rank on the scale of clique to Cancerous Vermin?
It's all my fault.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2018, 10:54:28 PM »

Well, this is escalating quick
Full time and proud of it

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2018, 10:55:33 PM »

Quick, get the petrol
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2018, 10:57:14 PM »

So did our demise under Young and Doughty etc..

It's all my fault.

Bath Alty

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2018, 11:07:00 PM »

just because we've gone a week without winning all the anger rises to the top again.....

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2018, 07:08:44 AM »

We had people fighting in court over ownership of alty...
When ownership was possible....
Look at all those clubs listed above and realise what i mean by we are a good investment...not least because the money goes straight into the club not to a shareholder...we are a cracking club ready for immediate progress...
Ill bet someone invests in gateshead dagenham and the other one in trouble....and i bet they wont make a percentage yield on their money....
Meanwhile sla owner continues to invest...

It would help if you had your facts right,... nobody has been fighting in court over ownership to my knowledge.

Alty are NOT an attractive investment in purely financial terms, clearly 20 years of not attracting any is sufficient proof of that !

Most of the clubs listed have had some form of major income from an owner(s) who could afford to spend spare money without any real prospect of getting it back.
In many cases millions, the few that have done it organically werent located 5 miles from the biggest club in the world and 7 miles from the wealthiest one.

I still find this one odd. Have you any idea from a spectator perspective how many clubs would love to be located where we are? Macc, Barrow for a start. Close enough links wise to a major population centre (with top level football prices higher than ever) but not right next to them. 4,500 people curious enough to come and look once. Salford and fcum haven't suffered, different beasts though they are, granted.

If you're talking about wealthy investors there is now zero opportunity for them to invest in City or United now. Poor Peter Swales would never get to be City chairman now, nor would franny lee actually.

It's a closed mindset.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2018, 07:21:40 AM »

just because we've gone a week without winning all the anger rises to the top again.....

I do think now is the time to strike, we've got a Summer with a league trophy in our hands. It's time to sell ourselves rather than sit back and over celebrate not beating Rushall Olympic
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Matt Taylor

« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2018, 08:27:13 AM »

Was that just an easier option than answering any of the questions, or the real issues, that people raised?

And, rest assured Foden, no-one has forgotten that 3 weeks you spent on the board 25 years ago. So there is really no need for you to continue slipping it in every 6 months to remind people.

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2018, 09:57:26 AM »

We had people fighting in court over ownership of alty...
When ownership was possible....
Look at all those clubs listed above and realise what i mean by we are a good investment...not least because the money goes straight into the club not to a shareholder...we are a cracking club ready for immediate progress...
Ill bet someone invests in gateshead dagenham and the other one in trouble....and i bet they wont make a percentage yield on their money....
Meanwhile sla owner continues to invest...

It would help if you had your facts right,... nobody has been fighting in court over ownership to my knowledge.

Alty are NOT an attractive investment in purely financial terms, clearly 20 years of not attracting any is sufficient proof of that !

Most of the clubs listed have had some form of major income from an owner(s) who could afford to spend spare money without any real prospect of getting it back.
In many cases millions, the few that have done it organically werent located 5 miles from the biggest club in the world and 7 miles from the wealthiest one.

I still find this one odd. Have you any idea from a spectator perspective how many clubs would love to be located where we are? Macc, Barrow for a start. Close enough links wise to a major population centre (with top level football prices higher than ever) but not right next to them. 4,500 people curious enough to come and look once. Salford and fcum haven't suffered, different beasts though they are, granted.

If you're talking about wealthy investors there is now zero opportunity for them to invest in City or United now. Poor Peter Swales would never get to be City chairman now, nor would franny lee actually.

It's a closed mindset.

Dead right: Altrincham is right in amongst a hot bed of football. There's an opportunity for a third force in Manchester football and Salford is going for it. But if you had to pick a location for it, it would be right on the Airport/Rail/HS2/motorway transport hub.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2018, 10:10:55 AM »

Was that just an easier option than answering any of the questions, or the real issues, that people raised?
And, rest assured Foden, no-one has forgotten that 3 weeks you spent on the board 25 years ago. So there is really no need for you to continue slipping it in every 6 months to remind people.

In view of your ignorance shown above,... and just for the record, as I imagine most people on here dont know;
I was a director for 2 yrs 3 months, from Aug 95 to Nov 97 during which time I designed, obtained grantaid and managed the complete ground upgrade to league grade A status, including building much needed sponsors lounge and offices, rebuilt the accomodation and reseated the main stand, built the new pop side cantilever stand and added barrier around the ground and various other improvementsetc. All completed on time and on budget and helped the club obtain considerable commercial and investment income into the club.

In 2013-2014 I was asked by the board to design and manage the new Community sports hall scheme, again completed on time and on budget and made substantial donations to the club. Probably the biggest single improvement to the ground in the last 20 years

Apart from sniping from the byeline,... what have you done for the club then Taylor ?

Matt Taylor

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2018, 10:39:50 AM »

In view of your ignorance shown above,... and just for the record, as I imagine most people on here dont know;
I was a director for 2 yrs 3 months, from Aug 95 to Nov 97 during which time I designed, obtained grantaid and managed the complete ground upgrade to league grade A status, including building much needed sponsors lounge and offices, rebuilt the accomodation and reseated the main stand, built the new pop side cantilever stand and added barrier around the ground and various other improvementsetc. All completed on time and on budget and helped the club obtain considerable commercial and investment income into the club.

In 2013-2014 I was asked by the board to design and manage the new Community sports hall scheme, again completed on time and on budget and made substantial donations to the club. Probably the biggest single improvement to the ground in the last 20 years

Apart from sniping from the byeline,... what have you done for the club then Taylor ?

Cool story. I’m sure no-one had forgotten that you were involved with the flawless design of the sports hall either, but a timely reminder all the same, so thank you for bringing it up. Again.

But how come every time we let you redevelop the ground, it ultimately ends with us playing at our (new) lowest ever level in the footballing pyramid?
An unfortunate coincidence I’m sure Foden...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Talking about investment...