PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Talking about investment...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Talking about investment...  (Read 36653 times)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Talking about investment...
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2018, 10:53:19 AM »

So basically you have done nothing apart from make insulting remarks to a fellow fan who has spent years trying to help the club :-* ...  really clever that.

Sorry but you are negative, sour and almost as poisonous as those fags you peddle, bye bye.

Jezza

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2018, 11:59:21 AM »

I do apologise Mr Foden I thought Geoff Llloyd and Gerry Berman had a fairly major tete a tete about the majority holding that ended up in court....I'm sure a former director knows far more than me though and it must have been something I made up.

I must check my facts in future.

I do enjoy the view from the main stand of the community hall roof btw....

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2018, 12:15:21 PM »

I do apologise Mr Foden I thought Geoff Llloyd and Gerry Berman had a fairly major tete a tete about the majority holding that ended up in court....I'm sure a former director knows far more than me though and it must have been something I made up.
I must check my facts in future. I do enjoy the view from the main stand of the community hall roof btw....

Apologies, I actually didnt know about that, it was before my time.
The obstruction of a view of the corner flag area from some seats was an unavoidable minor drawback that the AFC board were made aware of and approved before proceeding.
In life compromises often need making, so you dont think the CSH has been a success then ?

Jezza

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2018, 12:51:37 PM »

As a seperate entity I do think the CSH has been a great success....

I hope moving forward it begins to be a real asset to the first team rather than a distraction...maybe this season we saw the beginnings of the community side start to reap dividends on match days....although alty fans have been pushed aside more than once for far more important community projects....

The ideology that the community side of the football club is more important than the 1st team is still unbalanced in my view.

But it is one more reason for a local wealthy businessperson to see an opportunity to be an investor a benefactor (amended to make it clear I am not thick enough to think putting money in alty or any other football club will see a year on year % yield)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2018, 01:16:36 PM »

I hope moving forward it begins to be a real asset to the first team rather than a distraction...maybe this season we saw the beginnings of the community side start to reap dividends on match days....although alty fans have been pushed aside more than once for far more important community projects....
The ideology that the community side of the football club is more important than the 1st team is still unbalanced in my view.
But it is one more reason for a local wealthy businessperson to see an opportunity to be an investor a benefactor (amended to make it clear I am not thick enough to think putting money in alty or any other football club will see a year on year % yield)

Completely agree with you. The extra income from the CSH has been helping us ever since it opened, that was the plan  ;) ;D

bighairedmike

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2018, 02:36:04 PM »

Completely agree with you. The extra income from the CSH has been helping us ever since it opened, that was the plan  ;) ;D

The extra income from the CSH didn’t help us stay in the conference. Or the conference north. It helped us on our way to the lowest league position our club has ever been in because the board completely forgot that we are a football club, not a Darby and Joan Club.

Which leads us succinctly back to the point that the Chairman, whilst clapping himself on the back for the success of having the CSH, saw that as the end goal. Instead of allowing growth we have stagnated and there are massive rifts that could easily be solved if one man didn’t let his ego run away with him.

You said yourself that he wasn’t the right man for the job but “we have no alternative options”  yet you are here advocating the fact he is actively blocking investment and a new chairman. Odd.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2018, 03:03:19 PM »

I hope moving forward it begins to be a real asset to the first team rather than a distraction...maybe this season we saw the beginnings of the community side start to reap dividends on match days....although alty fans have been pushed aside more than once for far more important community projects....The ideology that the community side of the football club is more important than the 1st team is still unbalanced in my view.

The extra income from the CSH didn’t help us stay in the conference. Or the conference north. It helped us on our way to the lowest league position our club has ever been in because the board completely forgot that we are a football club, not a Darby and Joan Club.
Which leads us succinctly back to the point that the Chairman, whilst clapping himself on the back for the success of having the CSH, saw that as the end goal. Instead of allowing growth we have stagnated and there are massive rifts that could easily be solved if one man didn’t let his ego run away with him. You said yourself that he wasn’t the right man for the job but “we have no alternative options”  yet you are here advocating the fact he is actively blocking investment and a new chairman. Odd.

I sort of see what you are saying but it wasnt the CSH itself that caused those relegations, that was poor management/player recruitment/performance which may well have happended even if we hadnt build the CSH.
I know for a fact the board didnt see the CSH as an end goal, they made great efforts to keep funding for the playing side and CSH separate, that said it could sub-consciously have diluted energies away from the playing side, well never know will we?

I think you are misunderstanding what I have been saying about future leadership/investment,... what I am simply pointing out again, is until we have an alternative, if a better one can be found, then we can only accept and back the status quo.
The board have clearly tried to listen to fans and at least one new director has been found.

As Ballers has said, which I agree with, is it remains a puzzle why, under successive regimes over at least the last 23 yrs, that no really wealthy individual has come forward to invest.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2018, 03:12:28 PM »

I hope moving forward it begins to be a real asset to the first team rather than a distraction...maybe this season we saw the beginnings of the community side start to reap dividends on match days....although alty fans have been pushed aside more than once for far more important community projects....The ideology that the community side of the football club is more important than the 1st team is still unbalanced in my view.
Completely agree with you. The extra income from the CSH has been helping us ever since it opened, that was the plan  ;) ;D

Glad you agree that it has been a distraction and part of an ideology responsible for alty sinking 2 levels
I guess the small income from bar takings of sub 1000 crowds with people boycotting contributed a tiny way towards the playing budget..i guess also it may have helped the gates hold up and mitigated the stay aways.
I look forward to the csh being part of the backbone of the football club but dont lets exagerate its contribution and completely ignore its impact in our league status eh?

You are putting words into my mouth here to suit your argument,... I honestly dont think it has been a distraction, but I accept it is possible.
On bar takings etc,... I dont know the exact figures but IRO 60K pa extra income since it was built, by any measure that isnt small and there is considerable evidence it has attracted lots of news fans and families who would NOT have come previously when we had no decent facility to cater/entertain them.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 03:14:43 PM by PukkaPieman »

Jezza

« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2018, 03:17:15 PM »

I do not accept or back the status quo thanks.

And im sick of being told to and that there is no alternative.

If rowley did the decent thing and stepped aside we would fill the gap same day

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2018, 03:20:09 PM »

Nobody is saying there is no alternative,... but it hasnt happened yet !
Are you really that naive you believe that by some magic a better option would appear the same day, really ?
Or would you accept anyone, no matter how incompetent or useless to take over just because you dislike him?

« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 03:23:04 PM by PukkaPieman »

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2018, 04:00:09 PM »

Yawn.....

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2018, 05:58:20 PM »

Are you really that naive you believe that by some magic a better option would appear the same day, really ?
Or would you accept anyone, no matter how incompetent or useless to take over just because you dislike him?

Looks like Arsenal will get a new boss now there's a vacancy.
It's all my fault.

Jezza

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2018, 06:40:33 PM »

Someone just stepped into chester...box of exacta or something.

4 plus enquiries re gateshead...a proven failure even with bankrolled full time football.....who wants to invest in an athletics track?...they wont make a profit you know!!  ; ;D

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2018, 07:34:15 PM »

Looks like Arsenal will get a new boss now there's a vacancy.

So the new boss will be paying Arsenal for the privelege will he ? pretty rubbish comparison Jack :o

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2018, 07:37:20 PM »

Someone just stepped into chester...box of exacta or something.

4 plus enquiries re gateshead...a proven failure even with bankrolled full time football.....who wants to invest in an athletics track?...they wont make a profit you know!!  ; ;D

A keen supporter making an investment, thats what we need, come on Jezza, get ur wallet out ;)
Apparently its the community side of the club that he's excited about, sound familiar ?
Didnt we just get a new investor ? Lawrence Looney,... good to know we are keeping up with the Jones's  :D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Talking about investment...