PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Talking about investment...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Talking about investment...  (Read 36664 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Talking about investment...
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2018, 10:53:55 PM »

Halifax Town go full time....
Better placed to do that than some - at least on paper - provided they fulfil their potential quickly.

Old Alt

« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2018, 09:14:38 AM »

Going back to the subject of investment, it is interesting to see what has happened to Morcambe they have been taken over by Bond Group Investments Limited, who are based in London, no obvious connection to the club.
According to Companies House, the nature of their business is the buying and selling of own real estate.
What could possibly go wrong there?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6183385/morecambe-confirm-take-over-football-league/

Jimmy

« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2018, 09:33:37 AM »

Going back to the subject of investment, it is interesting to see what has happened to Morcambe they have been taken over by Bond Group Investments Limited, who are based in London, no obvious connection to the club.
According to Companies House, the nature of their business is the buying and selling of own real estate.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6183385/morecambe-confirm-take-over-football-league/
what could go wrong? Well I guarantee they will be playing at a higher level than Alty the next 10 years

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2018, 10:11:56 AM »

what could go wrong? Well I guarantee they will be playing at a higher level than Alty the next 10 years
I wouldn't bank on it Jimmy. They're actually in quite a vulnerable position.

Jimmy

« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2018, 10:14:50 AM »

Iv heard it before Phil,Macc have been going bust for 20 years

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2018, 10:52:20 AM »

5 Hale businessmen (one now Jersey based) on the train back from a day of racing.
None of them knew of share issue, or where online to read about it.

All United fans who occasionally watch us.

We can't even tell the neighbours correctly.

Let's get a for sale sign up ffs.
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2018, 12:29:10 PM »

5 Hale businessmen (one now Jersey based) on the train back from a day of racing.

This post pretty much wraps up the thread to be honest.

Alty5678

« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2018, 12:47:38 PM »

This post pretty much wraps up the thread to be honest.

It also sums up the situation the club find themselves struggling with as a whole. Five businessmen live round the corner but support the largest club in England five miles down the road, rather than their local club. It's generally the way of the world nowadays, unfortunately.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2018, 12:54:14 PM »

Maybe, maybe not. But the very worst that would happen is that they’d go back to exactly where they started from before the initial investment, playing regional football in front of 200 fans, after having enjoyed 20 years in the football league.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2018, 03:32:12 PM »

Maybe, maybe not. But the very worst that would happen is that they’d go back to exactly where they started from before the initial investment, playing regional football in front of 200 fans, after having enjoyed 20 years in the football league.

Only 11 years as a league club - 12 years in the Conference before that though, so 23 years since they were in regional football.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2018, 01:38:59 PM »

I see Gateshead have found new investors to keep the club full time,management structure in place and a vision to take the club forward with the aim of league football,found inside three weeks. It’s no surprise though because the north east isn’t impoverished, spennymoor and South Shields aren’t already local
Bankrolled nonleague teams and Gateshead don’t only average 852 in the national league.......

Jezza

« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2018, 01:53:19 PM »

I note today gateshead's skipper has signed for afc F£lde......

Also will we play Nuneaton town this season????...real shenanigans going on there...

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2018, 08:10:30 PM »

I have been wondering about Nuneaton, too.
 If we don't play them, though, and assuming the FA's reorganisation, doesn't affect this, that means Gainsborough Trinity are in line for a reprieve and we get to see Lee Sinnott again!

andrewflynn

« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2018, 09:02:01 PM »

I see Gateshead have found new investors to keep the club full time,management structure in place and a vision to take the club forward with the aim of league football,found inside three weeks. It’s no surprise though because the north east isn’t impoverished, spennymoor and South Shields aren’t already local
Bankrolled nonleague teams and Gateshead don’t only average 852 in the national league.......

There’s no one interested in non league football clubs mate.  :) ;) :)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2018, 03:51:24 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Talking about investment...