PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Talking about investment...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Talking about investment...  (Read 36662 times)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Talking about investment...
« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2018, 09:26:32 PM »

I see Gateshead have found new investors to keep the club full time,management structure in place and a vision to take the club forward with the aim of league football,found inside three weeks. It’s no surprise though because the north east isn’t impoverished, spennymoor and South Shields aren’t already local
Bankrolled nonleague teams and Gateshead don’t only average 852 in the national league.......

Gateshead to go part-time after buyer withdraws takeover bid.

Didnt stack up did it  :o ::)

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2018, 12:12:23 PM »

I see Gateshead have found new investors to keep the club full time,management structure in place and a vision to take the club forward with the aim of league football,found inside three weeks. It’s no surprise though because the north east isn’t impoverished, spennymoor and South Shields aren’t already local
Bankrolled nonleague teams and Gateshead don’t only average 852 in the national league.......

Gateshead to go part-time after buyer withdraws takeover bid.

Didnt stack up did it  :o ::)

The most concrete result of which has been another of their first team squad signing for York City this morning - I think that's four now.
http://nonleaguedaily.com/york-sign-gateshead-striker-langstaff/
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 12:15:11 PM by JTH »

Jezza

« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2018, 12:19:54 PM »

Pukka Pieman as usual delighted to see a lack of investment at the top level of non league football.....shrugs shoulders, no point in having ambitions...may as well give up eh?

1 of 2 things will happen at Gateshead......they will not find an investor capable of taking them forward at full time status so will keep looking but stay as high as they can as a part time sustainable club probably beating Alty at every opportuinity......
or they WILL find another investor, they will go back to full time status, compete at the top of the national league, aim for promotion to the football league, big cup runs and perhaps a trophy final.....

AT LEAST THEY WILL F**KING TRY !!!!!

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2018, 05:31:53 PM »

Pukka Pieman as usual delighted to see a lack of investment at the top level of non league football.....shrugs shoulders, no point in having ambitions...may as well give up eh?

1 of 2 things will happen at Gateshead......they will not find an investor capable of taking them forward at full time status so will keep looking but stay as high as they can as a part time sustainable club probably beating Alty at every opportuinity......
or they WILL find another investor, they will go back to full time status, compete at the top of the national league, aim for promotion to the football league, big cup runs and perhaps a trophy final.....

https://soundcloud.com/northeastfootballpodcast/richard-bennett-on-gatesheads-takeover-collapse

Very interesting interview with Heed's Chair & co-owner on the takeover collapse.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2018, 06:48:02 PM »

You clearly dont read my posts do you !

I am just as ambitious as you. Not only have I actually invested in the club but been an integral part of seeking it for many years. I bet I have tried a damn sight more than you have  ::)

But having this experience has taught me the REALITY whereas so much of what is posted is a mixture of wishful thinking and downright desperation.
There are some key factors why people would invest in Alty,.. the fact that nobody has invested heavily in at least 20 years I know of should give you a clue.

I want Alty full time and in the NL and hopefully the FL in my lifetime, is that ambitious enough for you Jezza  ;)

Matt Taylor

« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2018, 07:43:51 PM »

You clearly dont read my posts do you !

I am just as ambitious as you. Not only have I actually invested in the club but been an integral part of seeking it for many years. I bet I have tried a damn sight more than you have  ::)

But having this experience has taught me the REALITY whereas so much of what is posted is a mixture of wishful thinking and downright desperation.
There are some key factors why people would invest in Alty,.. the fact that nobody has invested heavily in at least 20 years I know of should give you a clue.

I want Alty full time and in the NL and hopefully the FL in my lifetime, is that ambitious enough for you Jezza  ;)

Have you stopped at all over that period to ask yourself why you have been so consistently unsuccessful, where as other clubs so obviously haven’t?

God loves a trier Fods. But, if you are genuine in your desire to see league football at Moss Lane in your lifetime, then it’s high time we found you something more suitable to do to help the football club.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2018, 10:15:38 PM »

Go back through the history of non-league football on Tyneside, and there are numerous examples of both Gateshead and South Shields going bust, merging, or re-forming. As things stand, Shields are on the up but probably need better facilities before they can really expand, so watch this space.

Jezza

« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2018, 02:14:34 PM »

All I see is negativity from pukka's posts.....

Not having any shares available has been a major factor over the last 20 years....a period that followed regular battles for control of the club...odd that isn't it?.....also up to a few years ago the club had a very unattractive looking balance sheet.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Talking about investment...