PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next season's ticket prices..
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Next season's ticket prices..  (Read 7554 times)

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Next season's ticket prices..
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2018, 08:12:31 AM »

Bill Waterson would make a great chairman. Good idea Jezza. We could then all move on from this mess.
What mess? There is no mess - just a handful of supporters attempting to defy the democratic process and exaggerating their influence and importance via this forum.

There are three methods of depriving ng GR of his chairmanship. One is if he resigns, two is if his fellow board members vote him out of the role, and three if the shareholders vote him off the board the next time he is up for retirement under rotation. The last two are unlikely to happen as not one vote was cast against his directorship renewal at the last AGM, and the current board seem delighted with his chairmanship so that leaves option one - resignation.

Do you really think that the current euphoric climate at the club is likely to lead him to resign, over a handful of disenchanted supporters and a few bags of crisps in the CSH?

It’s never going to happen. So the best thing those supporters can do is accept defeat graciously and get back on the terraces. Whilst they may not have achieved their ultimate goal it seems likely to me that the upsurge in activity from the board in the last 12 months with regard to the share issue, better communications, better structure to the board, 5 year plan etc could be down to the actions of those fans and I for one take my hat off to them for achieving that. But it’s time to bury the hatchet and move on. Especially on this forum.

Jimmy

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2018, 09:37:56 AM »

I'd say it's a bit of a mess they've just played at the lowest level in the clubs history and they won't be returning to the national league no time soon,also an average crowd of 800 for a team winning the league with ease and so I'm told playing very good football is piss poor

Matt Taylor

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2018, 02:47:26 PM »

Bill Waterson would make a great chairman. Good idea Jezza. We could then all move on from this mess.
What mess? There is no mess - just a handful of supporters attempting to defy the democratic process and exaggerating their influence and importance via this forum.

Surely you are not suggesting the way the football club is run at the moment resembles any sort of representative democracy? A dozen or so of Rowley’s close associates, all with small nominal shareholdings, gathering in the NWS once a year to vote on the running of the football club? That’s before we get into how such shares were originally acquired.
Everyone who does bother to attend the AGM is of course entitled to vote how they choose, but it’s more akin to the running of a parish council than an AGM of what is supposed to be a proper football club.

The current model is not fit for purpose in the modern day, evidenced by the fact we are falling further behind more and more clubs a fraction of the size of us. And yet, fans expressing their right to hold an opinion (regardless of whether you agree with them or not) is defying democracy?

Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next season's ticket prices..