PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Retained Players
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Retained Players  (Read 15427 times)

andrewflynn

Re: Retained Players
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2018, 05:18:47 PM »

I honestly don't know why anyone wouldn't want to keep Harrop. He's class.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2018, 05:41:41 PM »

I honestly don't know why anyone wouldn't want to keep Harrop. He's class.

No one has suggested not keeping Harrop,there was just a mix up over the first batch of retained players.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2018, 06:13:56 PM »

That retention list is perfect. Well done PP and Neil again.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2018, 06:25:56 PM »

Exactly the 15 every one but have chosen. Well to the board and management for securing them.

Need at least 3 more
Full time and proud of it

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2018, 06:30:11 PM »

Second that, this leaves Phil with a good chance to have a look at new signings now, whilst still leaving space for those not re-signed as yet.

Great judgment and a perfect decision in my book, be interesting to see what happens with new signings, watch this space.

I know from speaking to Phil after the presentations that I said, keep as many of this squad as you think right. He actually replied to me; quote; 'already a done deal mate'.

I know what he meant now. Well done Phil.

Trying to save money to buy a season ticket now, for next season. I don't want to pay on the door for league matches now.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2018, 06:44:59 PM »

It is indeed a very good retained list. The 3 new players or so will be critical as to how we cope next season, but everybody will be after them!

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2018, 06:54:56 PM »

I trust Phil and Neil to use their judgment and get the best players available. We as a club are now a more attractive shop window, so there is no reason why we should not look to the future positively.

I await new signings with much interest, but we have signed every player I wanted us to keep. Another centre forward, another keeper,  possibly another central defender, and a midfield/winger and we are good to go for next season, but we need to compete with the likes of York City, Stockport, Darlington and Chester. York look to have made some good signings too. With this squad, we will give anybody in this league a good competitive game.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2018, 07:30:44 PM »

I know from speaking to Phil after the presentations that I said, keep as many of this squad as you think right. He actually replied to me; quote; 'already a done deal mate'.

I know what he meant now. Well done Phil.

Quite the coded message from Parkinson there, I'm not surprised you've only just understood its meaning.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Jezza

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2018, 08:36:44 PM »

Excellent work! well done the management and players  :D

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2018, 08:43:05 PM »

Couldnt have asked for more, well done PP and NS.

Just need to add some quality now on the bench and to reinforce the areas we know, plus maybe a plan B striker?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2018, 08:57:26 PM »

Over 75,000 people reached with a little level of creativity. Imagine what could be done to attract interest to our 51% with the same level of thought.

CC: PukkaPieman
It's all my fault.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2018, 09:03:35 PM »

Over 75,000 people reached with a little level of creativity. Imagine what could be done to attract interest to our 51% with the same level of thought.

I agree, its great to get the message out and you and others are doing a fine job doing that,...., however its one thing letting people know, its another them putting their hand in their pocket  :( :o ???

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2018, 10:08:46 PM »

I agree, its great to get the message out and you and others are doing a fine job doing that,...., however its one thing letting people know, its another them putting their hand in their pocket  :( :o ???

Well, obviously.

You're approach seems to be: 'It's really difficult to find people willing to put money into a football club so it's best not to bother.'

I'd hope that the actual approach would be: 'It's really difficult to find people willing to put money into a football club so we should try really hard.'
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2018, 08:43:36 AM »

I agree, its great to get the message out and you and others are doing a fine job doing that,...., however its one thing letting people know, its another them putting their hand in their pocket  :( :o ???

Well, obviously.

You're approach seems to be: 'It's really difficult to find people willing to put money into a football club so it's best not to bother.'

I'd hope that the actual approach would be: 'It's really difficult to find people willing to put money into a football club so we should try really hard.'

This.

It seems like the current strategy is sticking our heads in the sand and actually hoping nobody comes knocking, so as to preserve the status quo.

Get the 'For Sale' signs up FFS

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2018, 09:01:10 AM »

Agree with both previous posters. I’m concerned that some of the posts on this forum recently appear to be advocating the desirability of NOT actively seeking investment. If this view is shared at board level, we face a difficult future.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Retained Players