PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Retained Players
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Retained Players  (Read 15435 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Retained Players
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2018, 09:50:14 AM »

Agree with both previous posters. I’m concerned that some of the posts on this forum recently appear to be advocating the desirability of NOT actively seeking investment. If this view is shared at board level, we face a difficult future.
This thread has taken a very strange turn. I can't see where anybody is advocating that we should not be seeking investment. Stating the difficulties is simply pragmatism. See my earlier posts on other threads about the need for a high profile FA Cup run, and the publicity it would bring. That scenario is, to my mind, the best way to encourage investment. Roll out the bandwagon !

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2018, 11:19:32 AM »

Agree with both previous posters. I’m concerned that some of the posts on this forum recently appear to be advocating the desirability of NOT actively seeking investment. If this view is shared at board level, we face a difficult future.
This thread has taken a very strange turn. I can't see where anybody is advocating that we should not be seeking investment. Stating the difficulties is simply pragmatism. See my earlier posts on other threads about the need for a high profile FA Cup run, and the publicity it would bring. That scenario is, to my mind, the best way to encourage investment. Roll out the bandwagon !

+ 100

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2018, 12:03:03 PM »

Some say pragmatic, some say excuses and negativity.

Just remember there's a solution in every problem.
It's all my fault.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2018, 01:36:35 PM »

There's many aspects to the whole discussion. I notice that the Guiseley benefactor has become disillusioned with funding a team because he set out to fund a club.

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2018, 03:19:22 PM »

Jordan Sinnott being released by Chesterfield according to the press. Worth a cheeky move?

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2018, 04:17:35 PM »

Jordan Sinnott being released by Chesterfield according to the press. Worth a cheeky move?

No

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2018, 04:45:13 PM »

Michael Nottingham has left Salford

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2018, 05:26:31 PM »

Chester?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2018, 08:15:52 PM »

Probably end up at Gainsborough
Full time and proud of it

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2018, 09:10:58 PM »

Yes, but whenever the prospect of investment is brought up people connected the board keep saying that no one will be interested. This might be true, but when it's coupled with the board doing absolutely nothing to even let people know the club is for sale, it looks suspiciously like some people are quite resistant to change.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2018, 09:25:23 PM »

Yes, but whenever the prospect of investment is brought up people connected the board keep saying that no one will be interested. This might be true, but when it's coupled with the board doing absolutely nothing to even let people know the club is for sale, it looks suspiciously like some people are quite resistant to change.

Absolutely spot on Jimmy. You see that with the glee with which the news about Barrow on the other thread was received in some quarters. Just because their Chairman has executed his strategy very poorly and now is frantically backtracking (and you see the pages of people criticising him on their forum) means that no-one else should ever contemplate being ambitious or spend money. Its a very odd logic.

bighairedmike

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2018, 07:59:43 AM »

+ 100

You do realise that by writing +100, absolutelu nothing happens. The whole point of the “+1” is so that you’re acknowledging you agree without writing it all out in full.

ALSO, on another thread you put +1000, this one was +100 and on another thread it was +1000000 or something. I’m interested in how your agreement scale works.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2018, 08:49:55 AM »

Probably end up at Gainsborough

He was very well regarded at Halifax, might end up back there.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2018, 08:50:17 AM »

Chester?

They reckon he'll get a move higher up the pyramid.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2018, 09:29:35 AM »

Maybe ? Not knocking him - he was no worse than his team mates in his last season for us - but he could not get a gig at a team that finished bottom of L2 with ease
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Retained Players