Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2018, 10:20:19 PM
271186 Posts in 22182 Topics by 2238 Members
Latest Member: Daycaredan
www.altyfans.co.uk  |  General Category  |  Altrincham FC First Team  |  Favourite grounds . « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Favourite grounds .  (Read 2944 times)
RageAgainstTheFirstTeam
Regular First Team

Like this post? +141/-390

Oh, Twiss off!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2018, 08:29:48 AM »

New venues for me are potentially Spennymoor, Darlington, York, and Hereford. I haven't been to FCUM, and won't be doing unless it's crucial.

I may also skip three other grounds I'm not keen on : Bradford PA, Boston, and Brackley.

What's wrong with Boston??

"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.
One Foot in the Grave
Regular First Team

Like this post? +60/-222

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2018, 08:40:21 AM »

New venues for me are potentially Spennymoor, Darlington, York, and Hereford. I haven't been to FCUM, and won't be doing unless it's crucial.

I may also skip three other grounds I'm not keen on : Bradford PA, Boston, and Brackley.

I don't like having to sit at one end of the ground.
Andrew Flynn
Regular First Team

Like this post? +293/-307

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2018, 09:13:37 AM »

Won't we be having to do that at most grounds next season?

Still Fabio Bassangue's English tutor.
Uncle Globnasty
Regular First Team

Like this post? +322/-130

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2018, 09:24:52 AM »

The locals

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Snork Maiden
Regular First Team

Like this post? +296/-232

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2018, 09:27:18 AM »

The locals

Most 'locals' in Boston are now Eastern European.
Uncle Globnasty
Regular First Team

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2018, 09:55:45 AM »

The locals

Horrible memories of a baying racist mob with a local constabulary who seemed singularly one sided.......I realise this is some time ago, but I've never liked the place.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Nom de plume
Regular First Team

Like this post? +56/-103

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2018, 10:12:16 AM »

Horrible memories of a baying racist mob with a local constabulary who seemed singularly one sided.......I realise this is some time ago, but I've never liked the place.

Ditto
Snork Maiden
Regular First Team

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2018, 12:55:55 PM »

The locals

I remember ex Boston player Leroy Chambers being visibly upset by the racist abuse he suffered when he returned to York St with Alty.
Brian Flynn
Regular First Team

Like this post? +266/-158

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2018, 01:48:08 PM »

Its a bit like when someone gets a patch of turf for a memento, at the end of the day a lot of pitches are completely relayed.
Like the irish tale,
I've had this spade in our family for 7 generations, its had 3 new handles and 4 new heads.

https://www.facebook.com/onlyfoolsandhorses/videos/1266983796705542/
Jimmy Hill
Regular First Team

Like this post? +249/-167

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2018, 02:12:22 PM »

Its a bit like when someone gets a patch of turf for a memento, at the end of the day a lot of pitches are completely relayed.
Like the irish tale,
I've had this spade in our family for 7 generations, its had 3 new handles and 4 new heads.

The puzzle actually has its origins in ancient Greek philosophy. The problem was most famously stated as the 'Ship of Theseus': https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 02:30:37 PM by Jimmy Hill » Logged

WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs
altrincham
Regular First Team

Like this post? +50/-67

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2018, 04:48:03 PM »

York , Boston and Chorley proper grounds!!
One Foot in the Grave
Regular First Team

Like this post? +60/-222

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2018, 06:32:32 PM »

I doubt it. Example Southport - I sit in the main stand. We got a side-on view at Kidderminster last time. It'll happen at FCUM and Chester though.
Toff Apple
Global Moderator
Regular First Team

Like this post? +190/-121

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2018, 08:00:51 PM »

Like the irish tale,

The puzzle actually has its origins in ancient Greek philosophy. The problem was most famously stated as the 'Ship of Theseus': https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus

Love this forum

Bernard Taylors barmy army
Uncle Globnasty
Regular First Team

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2018, 08:34:12 PM »

Like the irish tale,

Tip-top chin stroking action from the boy Hill.

Snork Maiden
Regular First Team

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2018, 09:20:13 PM »

I doubt it. Example Southport - I sit in the main stand. We got a side-on view at Kidderminster last time. It'll happen at FCUM and Chester though.

Is the main stand not an option at Boston?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
« previous next »
    Jump to: