Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Without a benefactor is full time possible?

Author Topic: Without a benefactor is full time possible?  (Read 3082 times)

Jezza

« on: May 17, 2018, 09:42:30 PM »

With continuing community work and a feel good together atmosphere I believe so but only with a kick start of
1)investment or income from another Duncan but in the region of £500k
or
2) a cup run bringing the income in
on a 2 season trial basis....the next time we get either of these we need to go for it.

Then we will know wether a full time alty team competing in the conference national draws in the crowds to sustain it...with away crowds and I believe an increased local interest we could maybe as a full time outfit achieve average 3000 gates

on the understanding it is a trial...worst comes to the worst we regroup more the wiser having at least tried...maybe a full time outfit may achieve another cup run to fund another season?

I cant see without the income how it can be done without planning a loss that may have to be paid back while we do what we did to pay off after the berman years?

So I'd go for a competitive start with the trophy and FA cup absolute priority this season....

Thoughts?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Without a benefactor is full time possible?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 11:17:04 PM »

FA Cup 3rd round - Prem Club away on TV = Jackpot

Needs luck of the draw and 3 wins..........sometimes feels like almost everyone else bar us has done it recently.......got to get a decent cup run soon
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 11:21:08 PM »

Emphatically, YES.

If the team can continue the success from last season and get promoted again to the National league,
get ALL the core support behind the club again, plus far higher away attendances increasing income;
Maximise income from the Community side and bar/functions and focus really hard on everyone pulling hard together,..
and get some additional investment, if not from one source then from a number of smaller sources,...

It is possible.

But waiting around and bombarding the airwaves with pleas for the christmas fairy to arrive with bucket loads of cash, just looks desperate and with the obvious geographical factors and degree of football competition in this area it would be most unlikely,...
as the Barrow Chairman stated,.. and I quote,..

"In my brief time working in football, I have learned that a club that is reliant on a single shareholder cannot achieve lasting success. This is because we all work a little less hard than we should because we think the money will bring success... We need volunteers who come down and help make the ground a nice place to come on a match day. We need supporters who convince their friends and co-workers to come down to a match on a Tuesday or Saturday so that we have crowds of 2,000 and not 1,000. All of these things are possible, and the next 12 months will decide what kind of club we want Barrow AFC to be."

So lets put our personal differences aside and ALL pull together and maybe we CAN achieve the impossible after all  :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 07:05:44 AM »

Emphatically, YES.

If the team can continue the success from last season and get promoted again to the National league,
get ALL the core support behind the club again, plus far higher away attendances increasing income;
Maximise income from the Community side and bar/functions and focus really hard on everyone pulling hard together,..
and get some additional investment, if not from one source then from a number of smaller sources,...

It is possible.

But waiting around and bombarding the airwaves with pleas for the christmas fairy to arrive with bucket loads of cash, just looks desperate and with the obvious geographical factors and degree of football competition in this area it would be most unlikely,...
as the Barrow Chairman stated,.. and I quote,..

"In my brief time working in football, I have learned that a club that is reliant on a single shareholder cannot achieve lasting success. This is because we all work a little less hard than we should because we think the money will bring success... We need volunteers who come down and help make the ground a nice place to come on a match day. We need supporters who convince their friends and co-workers to come down to a match on a Tuesday or Saturday so that we have crowds of 2,000 and not 1,000. All of these things are possible, and the next 12 months will decide what kind of club we want Barrow AFC to be."

So lets put our personal differences aside and ALL pull together and maybe we CAN achieve the impossible after all  :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

And how do we all pull together, unite and have our core support back? What is the club's role in all of this? It isn't just for the fans to do their part here. As I've posted before, it works both ways.

I think we can run a full time club here, but there's a shortfall of hundreds of thousands of pounds a year to make up. We would need a major overhaul in our mindset, self perception and culture to sustain it, not a cup run and more in the bar.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 08:01:39 AM »

Possibly from the eventual sell-on of Duncan, plus an good FA Cup run. Depends on what happens next season with him, and what happens with us in the FA Cup.

Would suggest we build to this in steady stages over the next couple of seasons.

I would dearly love to see us as a league club, previously I thought it would not happen in my lifetime and the nearest I got was in 80/81; now there is at least a maybe. But not too big too fast and definitely not go for broke.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team