PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 another signing to be announced tonight
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: another signing to be announced tonight  (Read 10695 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: another signing to be announced tonight
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2018, 08:30:55 AM »

Our best and longest run in the conference national under Lee Sinnott had Sean Williams in the side. He was a bit rawer then and picked up numerous cards, but he was harshly let go in that summer, very harshly for me, especially when we signed players that simply didn’t fit for us in replacement. Hopefully turn out to be an astute signing

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2018, 11:00:12 AM »

It was releasing players like Sean that had really started to make me nervous about 'clearing the decks' policies in general - we all saw how disastrous it was the season after. You've got to be sure the player coming in is better.

From memory, we replaced Sean with Josh O'Keeffe. We went down and Sean received an England 'C' call-up not long afterwards.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2018, 11:53:18 AM »

An excellent signing, welcome back Sean. Having spoken to him at Warrington after the league game I think he has unfinished business here.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2018, 12:41:32 PM »

Strange decision to release him back at the time........although I am sure LS had his reasons and/or thought what he did instead was a better option at the time for AFC..........albeit proved wrong

Sean was definitely one of the best players we faced last season, albeit it was the only team I have ever seen us play against four times in the same season (I think)
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2018, 04:33:17 PM »

....albeit it was the only team I have ever seen us play against four times in the same season (I think)

You must have missed the treat of seeing us play Fisher about 300 times in a month in various FA Trophy replays in, possibly, 1989-90?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2018, 05:32:42 PM »

....albeit it was the only team I have ever seen us play against four times in the same season (I think)

You must have missed the treat of seeing us play Fisher about 300 times in a month in various FA Trophy replays in, possibly, 1989-90?

I suppose it is not uncommon to face a team from your league in the cup competitions (which also go to a replay)............it is just that I have not personally done it before..........but I might have come close with Tamworth and Accrington (3 times a season I can certainly remember) in our 'reprieve-years'
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2018, 06:30:58 PM »

In April 1977 we played Scarborough 5 times in 23 days - the NPL, The Trophy semis first and second leg, the first replay at Rotherham, and the second replay at Doncaster.

roytonmike

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2018, 10:20:50 PM »

In April 1977 we played Scarborough 5 times in 23 days - the NPL, The Trophy semis first and second leg, the first replay at Rotherham, and the second replay at Doncaster.
Equalled in 1964 (a leap year, by the way) with a saga v Witton - 22 Feb CSC2 (a) 0-0;26 Feb CSC replay (h) 3-3; 29 Feb CCL (a) 1-3; 2 Mar CSC 2nd replay (h) 2-0; 16 Mar CCL (h) 3-0.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2018, 11:12:54 PM »

Equalled in 1964 (a leap year, by the way) with a saga v Witton - 22 Feb CSC2 (a) 0-0;26 Feb CSC replay (h) 3-3; 29 Feb CCL (a) 1-3; 2 Mar CSC 2nd replay (h) 2-0; 16 Mar CCL (h) 3-0.

Cheshire Senior Cup 2nd Replay :o :o :o

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2018, 08:06:41 AM »

Cheshire Senior Cup 2nd Replay :o :o :o

We were easier to please in 1964.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 another signing to be announced tonight