PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Liam Goulding
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Liam Goulding  (Read 7303 times)

andrewflynn

Re: Liam Goulding
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2018, 01:53:08 PM »

We've got 18 signed on now and I'd be surprised if we have more than 19 in the squad so assume just a goalkeeper to come in. I think Dwyer is the additional striker.

I think that's the case, too. Hulme, Peers, Dwyer. Do we really need a fourth when we are very likely to play one up front and have a midfield that should contribute its fair share of goals?

If Phil is anything like last season I would expect a few to leave in early August

I doubt it. Much more solid squad this time around. The chop-change was necessary last season as we settled into things after a complete overhaul.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2018, 01:58:13 PM »

And PP had quite a few unexpected/lengthy injuries to deal with, both fullbacks, Amiss, Lawrence etc.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2018, 11:12:04 PM »

We've got 18 signed on now and I'd be surprised if we have more than 19 in the squad so assume just a goalkeeper to come in. I think Dwyer is the additional striker.

I think that's the case, too. Hulme, Peers, Dwyer. Do we really need a fourth when we are very likely to play one up front and have a midfield that should contribute its fair share of goals?

If Phil is anything like last season I would expect a few to leave in early August

Not this time....he was starting from scratch last year. Not sure what's happening with Amiss, Miller and the lad from Stalybridge though.

Thought PP issued his retained list and those not on it are gone ? .....although not sure if Miller contracted before PP arrived for next season
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2018, 07:20:26 AM »

If you're not on a club's retained list, you're a free agent. Sometimes a club will invite a non-retained player to trial, but I doubt that's the case here. Miller was contracted for last season only as far as I can recall.

dunhamalty

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2018, 08:35:58 PM »

I believe they have invited Miller down for pre season. If he can get fit again we would have another great player on our hands.

andrewflynn

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2018, 08:36:53 PM »

I believe they have invited Miller down for pre season. If he can get fit again we would have another great player on our hands.

Such an if, though. Very disappointed with the 2017/18 we got out of him.

anglo alty

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2018, 12:52:13 PM »

Welcome to a nice  "family" club Liam, how long before we have grandfather,  father and son
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Liam Goulding