News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shaw Lane close diwn

Author Topic: Shaw Lane close diwn  (Read 5351 times)

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Shaw Lane close diwn
« on: June 08, 2018, 04:09:32 PM »

We had speculated about this happening on another thread, but it has now been confirmed. Shaw Lane withdraw from adult football next season. So much for a hobby club...

http://www.shawlaneafc.com/news/club-statement-2314003.html#.WxqaVPXtwZ0.twitter

andrewflynn

Re: Shaw Lane close diwn
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 04:11:00 PM »

Beat you by a few seconds! I've deleted my thread.

Didn't want to fuel the quite frankly weird obsession that some fans seem to have with Shaw Lane, but there you go.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 04:19:56 PM »

Yes, I thought I saw the other thread for a moment before it disappeared!

I wouldn't call it weird, but maybe I am obsessed as it, but these well funded but transitory clubs (see, for example, Colne Dynamoes in the past, or, maybe, Hashtag United next) do have an effect on the results and finances of the more traditional clubs.

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 04:28:09 PM »

We didn't cover ourselves in glory after full-time at their place. I'll never understand why people hated them so deeply last season.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 05:05:50 PM »

We didn't cover ourselves in glory after full-time at their place. I'll never understand why people hated them so deeply last season.

But obviously we were right when we sang "Nobody cares...."

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 05:15:50 PM »

This is sad but probably inevitable.

What this demonstrates is that wealthy people will invest in their own projects where they have a local connection (in this case Barnsley).

What hasnt happended yet at Alty is for this to happen at Alty. Historically it wasnt encouraged after the bad experience of Maunders,.....
However, lately, despite clear attempts to find investor(s) nobody seems to have come forward,.. I remain convinced this is exactly because there is so much competition in the NW and so many other options to invest in.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 05:50:15 PM »

Probably reform as AFC Barnsley in the NCEL

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 06:04:12 PM »

I heard the cook ran away with all the clubs proceeds.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 06:48:01 PM »

What this demonstrates is that wealthy people will invest in their own projects where they have a local connection (in this case Barnsley).

What hasnt happended yet at Alty is for this to happen at Alty. Historically it wasnt encouraged after the bad experience of Maunders,.....
However, lately, despite clear attempts to find investor(s) nobody seems to have come forward,.. I remain convinced this is exactly because there is so much competition in the NW and so many other options to invest in.

What are these clear attempts?

I haven't seen any public attempt, it would be nice to see adverts, media engagement etc.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 06:51:12 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

andrewflynn

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 07:10:12 PM »

Zzzzzzzz

Cider Alty

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 07:42:26 PM »

Alty are not shaw lane though. I don’t really understand how you can draw conclusions from the obviously doomed ego trip that was Shaw Lane. All successful football chairmen have drive, ambition, charisma and vision. The Shaw Lane chairman/owner did well to get them where they ended up but alas here they are or rather were.

anglo alty

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2018, 07:59:10 AM »

Thank God for well run clubs like ours, we may criticise our board and blame them from time to time but at least they are not likely to make statements like that. As for the animosity clubs with large financial backing attract this especially from traditional clubs. I remember Rushden & Diamonds coming in for similar attention, jealousy not from me because as we have seen again is that it all ends in tears

Cider Alty

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2018, 10:33:21 AM »

Thank God for well run clubs like ours, we may criticise our board and blame them from time to time but at least they are not likely to make statements like that. As for the animosity clubs with large financial backing attract this especially from traditional clubs. I remember Rushden & Diamonds coming in for similar attention, jealousy not from me because as we have seen again is that it all ends in tears
Shaw lane were not a badly run club. They were run very well. However with no existing fan base and little interest in a new non-league club in that area it would always be  an unsustainable venture.

Jezza

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2018, 12:11:34 PM »

John maunders came out with a very similar statement...

Typical of an agomaniac to simply shut it down rather than make arrangements to leave the club where it started for the fans..
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shaw Lane close diwn