PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Alty Site
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: New Alty Site  (Read 14933 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
New Alty Site
« on: July 04, 2018, 03:32:53 PM »

I cannot find any links for Radio Robins on the new site,Alty TV is there though.
Harold

Jezza

Re: New Alty Site
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 03:52:24 PM »

it's a fantastic revamp.

sadly no massive link or info on to how to invest.....

nowhere to order season ticket would have given it a try......early days I hope all criticism is given and viewed as constructive as it's a really positive revamp.

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 03:56:45 PM »

Please do leave as much feedback as possible in here and I'll be sure to relay it onwards. If you find any bugs, anything missing, anything you'd want to use but isn't there. Nothing too small.

Season tickets - In it's current form the website can't facilitate online transactions, to my knowledge. Therefore we cannot sell season tickets through it just yet. This is obviously a logical next step though!

Radio Robins link - It's not in the top menu bar at the moment, would you like to see it added there? You can find links to Radio Robins by clicking on the fixture and opening up the match day information: https://www.altrinchamfc.com/fixture/first-team/2018-19/rhyl-a
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 04:04:36 PM by Get That Cooker On »

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 04:47:20 PM »

thanks for the reply,i would prefer it added  to the menu bar,us oldies have trouble when things get to complicated.  :D
Harold

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 05:43:42 PM »

thanks for the reply,i would prefer it added  to the menu bar,us oldies have trouble when things get to complicated.  :D

No problem, very valid feedback. I'll pass it on mate.

Jenga

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 06:44:13 PM »

The link is down for the new website it seems  ::)

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 06:45:37 PM »

After checking it further the link is wrong from the old website.

AT

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2018, 09:49:07 PM »

I found the pop up which appeared after a few seconds to register for a newsletter to be really intrusive to the user experience.. Not exactly something that any user would want to have appear as its a change of context which is an unnecessary click to return to the main content of the site..

Seems to keep its shape nicely when swapping to mobile though which is a better responsive design.

andrewflynn

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2018, 10:44:14 PM »

I found the pop up which appeared after a few seconds to register for a newsletter to be really intrusive to the user experience.. Not exactly something that any user would want to have appear as its a change of context which is an unnecessary click to return to the main content of the site..

Seems to keep its shape nicely when swapping to mobile though which is a better responsive design.

I’ll pass this on but I would argue against it being *that* intrusive on the UX. It literally takes a second to click off. You’ve got to remember the club have never built a mailing list before so in the early stages it’s going to be important to grab as much attention as possible.

Bath Alty

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2018, 10:50:24 PM »

It only seems to pop up once, not every time you visit the site so seems OK to me.

Should there be a link to the Alty Files somewhere from the new site, perhaps a history bit in the Club section?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2018, 11:44:18 PM »

Seems my comment has been deleted

I’ll try again: I have concerns that pop-up may lead to data issues. Certainly not okay with GDPR legislation introduced recently
It's all my fault.

AT

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2018, 12:40:17 AM »

In regards to the pop up.. It doesn't matter if the club has or hasn't had a mailing list in the past it is bad practice for a website to be that forthcoming on a new device or clean browser for a new user to be presented with a pop up.

Pop ups are generally seen with distain for many users because they are presenting a user with an activity or choice which is out of their control.

There is an adequate privacy policy but this is not communicated through the pop up.. It really doesn't matter if it takes a second to click off because mailing lists are optional and should not be put infront of all users without proper explanation of how this data will be used.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2018, 07:29:36 AM »

We'd be better of embedding a link into each article saying "Want to hear more stories link this?" Sign up to our newsletter {here}

Then a sign up form of news that you want: I.e first team  community ladies events
It's all my fault.

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2018, 08:31:36 AM »

A few points:

1) I looked at it from the point of view of a new potential supporter or visitor. Can they find the basic information they need quickly i.e. through one obvious link/click:
- when are the matches?
- how much is it?
- where is it?
- how do I get there?
- what are the facilities?

It took me a few clicks and a bit of searching  - most of the information is under the not so obviously named "Club" menu option.  Perhaps a more obvious link might be more helpful: something like "New to Alty?" , "First time visitors", "All the basics"....?

2) I couldn't see anything obvious about the availability of shares/investment opportunities (surprise, surprise).

3) I would think it would be a good opportunity to have the CSH  available for sponsorship as well as the stadium, main stand etc

4) The CSH is described as a registered charity, which is inaccurate and potentially misleading as far as I'm aware - it's certainly used by a registered charity, but to describe it as such suggests that users of the CSH are contributing to a registered charity, which they may not be.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2018, 10:54:07 AM »

A few points:

1) I looked at it from the point of view of a new potential supporter or visitor. Can they find the basic information they need quickly i.e. through one obvious link/click:
- when are the matches?
- how much is it?
- where is it?
- how do I get there?
- what are the facilities?

It took me a few clicks and a bit of searching  - most of the information is under the not so obviously named "Club" menu option.  Perhaps a more obvious link might be more helpful: something like "New to Alty?" , "First time visitors", "All the basics"....?

2) I couldn't see anything obvious about the availability of shares/investment opportunities (surprise, surprise).

3) I would think it would be a good opportunity to have the CSH  available for sponsorship as well as the stadium, main stand etc

4) The CSH is described as a registered charity, which is inaccurate and potentially misleading as far as I'm aware - it's certainly used by a registered charity, but to describe it as such suggests that users of the CSH are contributing to a registered charity, which they may not be.

I agree with these points; perhaps a link to Mike and Alison's details for a new fan who might more specific questions
It's all my fault.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Alty Site