PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Alty Site
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: New Alty Site  (Read 14934 times)

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: New Alty Site
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2018, 12:03:26 PM »

A few points:

1) I looked at it from the point of view of a new potential supporter or visitor. Can they find the basic information they need quickly i.e. through one obvious link/click:
- when are the matches?
- how much is it?
- where is it?
- how do I get there?
- what are the facilities?

I agree with this - when I've looked at other away websites - I get frustrated trying to find what I want to know, occasionally on a mobile device.  It would be good to have a very obvious "Visiting Fan" link very prominent with a 1 page with everything you suggest.

Bath Alty

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2018, 10:03:49 PM »

I've seen this on other sites under a 'match day' link - directions, where to park etc all on there with prices etc

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2018, 07:24:51 AM »

What pop up is this,i have not seen any,mind you i do have an ad blocker running on my computers,so maybe that stops it.
Harold

AT

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2018, 12:50:13 PM »

What pop up is this,i have not seen any,mind you i do have an ad blocker running on my computers,so maybe that stops it.

Harold, the "pop up" appears when a new user enters the site (or if you are using a different device or broswer/cleared history etc).

The "pop up" is actually a modal dialog window and not a "Pop Up" and will not be filtered out by an Ad-blocking program.

So after first time you have clicked it (and not deleted browser history) you will not see it again for subsequent visits.

It has been updated to have a check box which is to accept the privacy policy and the Terms and Conditions but laughably when viewing the Privacy Policy page on arrival you will be confronted by this Pop Up yet again.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2018, 03:10:41 PM »

ok thanks
Harold

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2018, 08:13:51 AM »

Glad Johns site continues to provide the other clubs news and info, room for 2
Bernard Taylors barmy army

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2018, 01:05:46 PM »

am still using the old site as well.
sadly we have lost the text match commentary though

Harold

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2018, 01:15:19 PM »

Losing the match day text commentary is big loss for me
Full time and proud of it

Stuartalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2018, 03:30:33 PM »

Me too, I went looking for it without success, put it down to my inexperience on the new site. If it has gone we need  to make a noise and get it back.

Stuartalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2018, 03:32:45 PM »

Why is it that people who make these websites never bother to ask the people who will use it , what they want. 

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2018, 05:00:29 PM »

Why is it that people who make these websites never bother to ask the people who will use it , what they want. 

Because they think they know best.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2018, 05:19:10 PM »

We are committed to giving our fans what they want from the new website and across all our other services. We know we are not yet offering an equivalent service to the imperious John Laidlar yet, but it is our intent to do so.  And Matchday Updates is certainly part of this. You may recall we have not always been able to offer Matchday Updates for Pre Season Friendlies so please don't be so quick as to write us off.

And please understand the distinction between the platform (the look and feel) and the content (what's on it). We feel we have improved the platform but, again, we have a lot to do to get the content to the same level.

Can I ask for two things - the first being some tolerance from our fans as we grow the content, the second being to make sure we have all your suggestions for umprovement.

The website is provided for all us Alty fans.  We would be stupid to not provide what we need

Stuartalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2018, 08:39:10 PM »

Get the content right, then you can play with the platform until your heart is content (From a Web master)

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2018, 10:03:56 PM »

We are committed to giving our fans what they want from the new website and across all our other services. We know we are not yet offering an equivalent service to the imperious John Laidlar yet, but it is our intent to do so.  And Matchday Updates is certainly part of this. You may recall we have not always been able to offer Matchday Updates for Pre Season Friendlies so please don't be so quick as to write us off.

And please understand the distinction between the platform (the look and feel) and the content (what's on it). We feel we have improved the platform but, again, we have a lot to do to get the content to the same level.

Can I ask for two things - the first being some tolerance from our fans as we grow the content, the second being to make sure we have all your suggestions for umprovement.

The website is provided for all us Alty fans.  We would be stupid to not provide what we need

If it's not broken then don't try and fix it?

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2018, 10:30:07 PM »

I think the new website is fantastic, well done to everyone involved.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Alty Site