PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Alty Site
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: New Alty Site  (Read 14937 times)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: New Alty Site
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2018, 11:44:15 AM »

We are committed to giving our fans what they want from the new website and across all our other services. We know we are not yet offering an equivalent service to the imperious John Laidlar yet, but it is our intent to do so.  And Matchday Updates is certainly part of this. You may recall we have not always been able to offer Matchday Updates for Pre Season Friendlies so please don't be so quick as to write us off.

And please understand the distinction between the platform (the look and feel) and the content (what's on it). We feel we have improved the platform but, again, we have a lot to do to get the content to the same level.

Can I ask for two things - the first being some tolerance from our fans as we grow the content, the second being to make sure we have all your suggestions for umprovement.

The website is provided for all us Alty fans.  We would be stupid to not provide what we need

If it's not broken then don't try and fix it?

I liked the old site too, however since the excellent John Laidlar was stepping down, it was the right time to introduce a newer and more up to date platform, we must look to the future you know Martin  :D

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2018, 12:19:02 PM »

Excellent match report on the Rhyl game on the new site.

I too would welcome a live commentary facility, but this was very much John's pigeon and would prove very difficult to replicate.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2018, 01:57:49 PM »

We are committed to giving our fans what they want from the new website and across all our other services. We know we are not yet offering an equivalent service to the imperious John Laidlar yet, but it is our intent to do so.  And Matchday Updates is certainly part of this. You may recall we have not always been able to offer Matchday Updates for Pre Season Friendlies so please don't be so quick as to write us off.

And please understand the distinction between the platform (the look and feel) and the content (what's on it). We feel we have improved the platform but, again, we have a lot to do to get the content to the same level.

Can I ask for two things - the first being some tolerance from our fans as we grow the content, the second being to make sure we have all your suggestions for umprovement.

The website is provided for all us Alty fans.  We would be stupid to not provide what we need

I liked the old site too, however since the excellent John Laidlar was stepping down, it was the right time to introduce a newer and more up to date platform, we must look to the future you know Martin  :D

Fair point Ian,it's not often we agree  ;)

andrewflynn

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2018, 04:00:17 PM »

There were plenty of things wrong with the old site, most of which have been immediately addressed with this new site. Sure it probably hasn’t ticked every single box from the outset - but I don’t understand how anyone could see altrinchamfc.com as anything other than an improvement.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2018, 06:41:20 PM »

I am very encouraged by the new site; it is clean, modern, and more commercially focussed. It's clearly a work in progress, but well done to those involved so far.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2018, 06:49:13 PM »

I am very encouraged by the new site; it is clean, modern, and more commercially focussed. It's clearly a work in progress, but well done to those involved so far.

This

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2018, 08:49:08 AM »

There were plenty of things wrong with the old site, most of which have been immediately addressed with this new site. Sure it probably hasn’t ticked every single box from the outset - but I don’t understand how anyone could see altrinchamfc.com as anything other than an improvement.

I suppose being a bit of a technophobe I wouldn’t notice technical issues with the old site. I just know it was very easy to use which for me is the main thing. I’m not a massive one for change and like a good moan but I’m sure I’ll get used to it.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2018, 09:08:29 AM »

Love the new site. Well done all.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2018, 09:17:34 AM »

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2018, 12:55:14 PM »

I suppose being a bit of a technophobe I wouldn’t notice technical issues with the old site. I just know it was very easy to use which for me is the main thing. I’m not a massive one for change and like a good moan but I’m sure I’ll get used to it.

+1

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2018, 05:12:44 PM »

just notices a Radio Robins link,many thanks for that  :)
Harold

Stuartalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2018, 05:33:01 PM »

Do not get excited it is in  "The News"  section it is not going to stay there. Hopefully, just a temporary home until they can find a permanent place for it.  Nice gesture.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2018, 07:09:44 PM »

Do not get excited it is in  "The News"  section it is not going to stay there. Hopefully, just a temporary home until they can find a permanent place for it.  Nice gesture.

Sorry, but for me your attitude bypasses "constructive criticism" (of which there is plenty on here quite justifiably) and lands squarely in the realm of  churlishness bordering on outright rudeness. Give these people a chance to get it right please!
Come on Alty!

andrewflynn

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2018, 08:56:33 PM »

Do not get excited it is in  "The News"  section it is not going to stay there. Hopefully, just a temporary home until they can find a permanent place for it.  Nice gesture.

Given you’ve already already stated that you are a “webmaster”, I thought you may have had an appreciation for why Radio Robins is not linked to in the menu bar. It is an external site. We want to keep our traffic on altrinchamfc.com for commercial and SEO reasons, where possible, as it will increase our average session duration. This means Radio Robins is now embedded into the site.

To address some fans’ queries on behalf of the club:

There will always be the option to head to radiorobins.com, however users can find the Radio Robins Player by using the match centre and clicking on the fixture they wish to listen to. Example: https://www.altrinchamfc.com/fixture/first-team/2018-19/kidsgrove-athletic-a - You’ll also find previews and match commentary in text form.

Secondly, match day commentary wasn’t available for Rhyl simply due to lack of volunteers. You’ll notice my Twitter updates were also quite restricted. If only there were potential webmasters out there with an idea of what they see the website as.......

andrewflynn

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2018, 09:08:03 PM »

Hope the above helps those who were struggling with RR. Please do continue to leave feedback and I’ll pass it all on, or give you a reply. Nice one!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Alty Site