News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rhyl v Altrincham

Author Topic: Rhyl v Altrincham  (Read 5398 times)

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Rhyl v Altrincham
« on: July 07, 2018, 06:00:12 PM »

It's 6.00 pm and I still can't find the result of today's friendly on the new website?

Can anyone please confirm the result scorers etc ?

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Rhyl v Altrincham
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 06:08:22 PM »

I believe we won 3-0 with goals from Harrop and Elliot(2). I'm afraid I have no idea who Elliot is. The result would be on the old website by now so who is meant to be updating the new one? Whoever it is isn't doing it very well!

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 06:15:28 PM »

Thanks for that

I believe the job of new website guru is currently being advertised on the new website.

Tap on  'Club' and them 'Careers' for a full job description

Reading through it just highlights the tremendous work John Laidlar has put in through the years.

Given the extent of the job description I suspect it may be some time before the post is filled ?

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 06:41:46 PM »

I listened on Radio Robins this afternoon, Ben Elliott is a 17 year old youth team striker who played very well. Max Harrop got the other goal. Sounded good on RR, early days yet but Ben has earned another slot in the friendlies. Could he be the striker we are looking for?

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 08:05:26 PM »

I listened on Radio Robins this afternoon, Ben Elliott is a 17 year old youth team striker who played very well. Max Harrop got the other goal. Sounded good on RR, early days yet but Ben has earned another slot in the friendlies. Could he be the striker we are looking for?

Cheers for the info Steve

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 08:30:05 PM »

Thanks for that

I believe the job of new website guru is currently being advertised on the new website.

Tap on  'Club' and them 'Careers' for a full job description

Reading through it just highlights the tremendous work John Laidlar has put in through the years.

Given the extent of the job description I suspect it may be some time before the post is filled ?
if we are not paying for it it may take some time i imagine
ParkINson's red and white army

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 08:44:15 PM »

There is a match report on the new website.
Click on new season tickets are ready and scroll down

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2018, 10:39:00 PM »

It was a deserved win, although Rhyl, featuring nine new players, I heard, did make us work hard for it. The only goalscorers were substitutes, but I was particularly impressed by two of the other substitutes: Dontai Gabbidon (apologies for any spelling errors), who played in a Cheshire Senior Cup match last season, was very lively, and got an assist for the third goal, while goalkeeper Matthew Johnson made a superb reflex save following a suicidal back pass by one of the other triallists. The referee blew for full time after 85 minutes, just after the third goal, presumably following an agreement to finish at 2.45.

A much lower crowd than last season and a new development is that you are forbidden to bring your own food into Belle Vue. I was questioned and the steward decided I was honest when I said I had no food, which I didn't, and declined to search me!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 10:44:40 PM by Sale Holmfield »

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2018, 12:26:38 PM »

Ben Elliott took both of his chances well and looks a natural finisher. Some work needed on his positional play, but looks an interesting prospect.

Dantai Gabidon looked good for an hour in the CSC game last year, where he played left wing back. Yesterday he operated very effectively as a winger on both flanks. Has good close control, decent pace, likes to take on his man. Also reads the game pretty well. BUT...he's very slightly built and needs to bulk out a little.

Both of these lads look well worth persevering with, and a loan spell further down the ladder would help to bring them on.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2018, 09:06:08 PM »

Ben Elliott took both of his chances well and looks a natural finisher. Some work needed on his positional play, but looks an interesting prospect.

Dantai Gabidon looked good for an hour in the CSC game last year, where he played left wing back. Yesterday he operated very effectively as a winger on both flanks. Has good close control, decent pace, likes to take on his man. Also reads the game pretty well. BUT...he's very slightly built and needs to bulk out a little.

Both of these lads look well worth persevering with, and a loan spell further down the ladder would help to bring them on.

Hopefully that will happen. One thing I like about Parkinson is that he is very proactive in giving youth/reserve players game time and loaning them out too!
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rhyl v Altrincham