PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 World Cup 2018 thread 🏆
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: World Cup 2018 thread 🏆  (Read 14763 times)

Mausoleum Alty

Re: World Cup 2018 thread 🏆
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2018, 08:48:30 PM »

I'll repeat the last bit of what I said again.....

"you would expect countries with bigger populations to more regularly appear in finals.

Croatia?

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2018, 09:32:01 PM »

The World Cup may not be coming home.....but football has come home...to the place that invented it.

The England team has once again reached the semi final of a world cup, a cup they won in 1966, a cup we regularly qualify for and reach the quarters or last 16 at the very least....... they have restored hope and pride to a nation........we were a professional 45 mins of football from reaching a final we had half a chance of winning....
......can't say anything like that about Scotland can we?

Not from Scotland or a Scotland supporter, but it's hardly comparing like for like is it? England has a population over ten times larger than Scotland. For countries with an established history of playing football, you would expect countries with bigger populations to more regularly appear in finals.

Croatia?

Even iceland have made the past 2 tournaments and there population is a little larger than alty

Iceland's population is seven times larger than Alty's. However, I reckon if we were allowed to pick a team from everyone who lived in Altrincham we'd beat them.

Is that based on the fact that a lot of Premier League footballers have chosen the Altrincham area as their home?  ;)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2018, 02:18:55 AM »

The World Cup may not be coming home.....but football has come home...to the place that invented it.

The England team has once again reached the semi final of a world cup, a cup they won in 1966, a cup we regularly qualify for and reach the quarters or last 16 at the very least....... they have restored hope and pride to a nation........we were a professional 45 mins of football from reaching a final we had half a chance of winning....
......can't say anything like that about Scotland can we?

Not from Scotland or a Scotland supporter, but it's hardly comparing like for like is it? England has a population over ten times larger than Scotland. For countries with an established history of playing football, you would expect countries with bigger populations to more regularly appear in finals.

Croatia?

Even iceland have made the past 2 tournaments and there population is a little larger than alty

Iceland's population is seven times larger than Alty's. However, I reckon if we were allowed to pick a team from everyone who lived in Altrincham we'd beat them.

Is that based on the fact that a lot of Premier League footballers have chosen the Altrincham area as their home?  ;)

Exactly! Pretty handy squad I'd imagine, might even take on England!  :D
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 World Cup 2018 thread 🏆