PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New website
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New website  (Read 11239 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: New website
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2018, 09:06:48 PM »

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say it isn't the role of our official website to provide news coverage about other clubs. They are all on social media, all have their own sites too.

I think its better for the club if the time and resource that goes into that is instead put into promoting us more, not least on the marketing and commercial side.

I agree 100% and John's site still provides a lot of this information anyway if people want to read it.
Come on Alty!

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2018, 09:47:52 PM »

This forum could do with a bit of an update. I see the next game is Mickleover on March 10th and its only a tenner to get in.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2018, 10:41:57 PM »

This forum could do with a bit of an update. I see the next game is Mickleover on March 10th and its only a tenner to get in.
Sounds good, I hear they're a proper footballing team. Worth £10 of anyone's money.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2018, 09:22:52 AM »

I hated the old site and very rarely used it. This one is modern, clean and informative.

If we did a poll, I wonder if the people who don't like it tend to be older.

Stuartalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2018, 04:09:16 PM »

It is full of gloss and no substance, but is promising. I still go back to the old site when I want to know something. Oh by the way I am not old. Bring back John while they finish the new site. It came out of the box to soon

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2018, 04:39:22 PM »

One area I would improve is the club shop.
We have the kit and clothes, but we used to have lots of other accessories and gifts. Are these just not available any more?

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2018, 06:11:20 PM »

It is full of gloss and no substance, but is promising. I still go back to the old site when I want to know something. Oh by the way I am not old. Bring back John while they finish the new site. It came out of the box to soon

I would agree with this. While I appreciate that the layout of Johns site needed updating, the new site doesn't carry anywhere near the information that JL's does.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2018, 07:36:06 PM »

Agreed.

Who is actually responsible for the content of the embryonic site at present?

The last I heard, there had been a second job advertisement in a bid to find John Laidlar's successor(s).

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

roytonmike

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2018, 09:17:45 PM »

It's really rather too early to pass judgement, but my initial reaction is that the new site looks like a standard format instead of the quirky individuality of its predecessor. If like me you look for more than just AFC information in one place then JL's unofficial site is still where you go first. A side issue - which probably has more to do with my technical lack of ability than anything else - with the new site I find it impossible to see the whole of a page without zooming down to about 50% - and when you need glasses that's not a viable print size. I don't seem able to get the page to move across, as it were (sorry for layman's language, but I AM a layman!).

Jezza

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2018, 01:31:08 PM »

I have reported the same problem and it is still occurring.

The new site looks very modern and clean and as an ALTRINCHAM FC OFFICIAL SITE looks like it will offer all the mod cons like card payments online season tickets videos etc etc...

If we are lucky the new webmeister will add news from around the non league scene a la John (award winning ) Laidlar but as an Alty site we need the modern online stuff about Alty only anything on top will be an unnecessary bonus.

Who is behind the new website do we know them?.....and who does the twitter?? :-)

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2018, 11:02:25 AM »

I've been trying to get used to the new website too - the layout is modern and fresh but the latest isn't always the greatest IMO.  I have found it a bit frustrating to navigate around - everything just seems too big and there is a lot of wasted space on the home page meaning that you have to navigate down the page to get to any news articles except the latest one. Even wanting to scroll through the news articles means navigating down again to the left/right buttons. That said, there is also a lot to be admired and I appreciate the work that has gone into it. I'd just like to see a bit more information and options immediately available when the site is first opened. I've always liked the BBC news/sports websites which present you with many news articles and links to others without having to scroll/navigate on the page to get to anything.

John Laidlar's work on the club website was always going to be an incredibly difficult act to follow in terms of content and the speed of which he brought the news to us and I don't think we'll see that level of dedication unless we pay someone to do the job, we found another JL or dragged him out of retirement.

As someone who has created a few websites in the past, I know how much work goes into them and also how tedious maintaining them can become! My appreciation and support goes to all those involved.

Paul
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 11:04:36 AM by PaulClementsLaments »

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2018, 10:57:08 AM »

Have to say the main stand sponsorship deal showed the value of having a new look site. A slick, standalone article promoting a new commercial partner which is easily linked to social media.

Well done all involved.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2018, 12:48:35 PM »

Have to say the main stand sponsorship deal showed the value of having a new look site. A slick, standalone article promoting a new commercial partner which is easily linked to social media.

Well done all involved.

Have the new sponsors come on board directly through the new site? I wasn’t aware of that,if so then it’s doung it’s job well.

andrewflynn

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2018, 12:51:50 PM »

Well done all involved.

Have the new sponsors come on board directly through the new site? I wasn’t aware of that,if so then it’s doung it’s job well.

The interest was generated via social media, but the new website means we can announce these partnerships in an easier and cleaner way.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2018, 03:00:56 PM »

Well done all involved.

The interest was generated via social media, but the new website means we can announce these partnerships in an easier and cleaner way.

Cheers
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New website