PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New website
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New website  (Read 11054 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
New website
« on: July 20, 2018, 10:14:19 PM »

Anyone else underwhelmed with it - trying to navigate and find something in a hurry - not easy at all

Likely my IT skills - but we have a lot a fans like me who left school when the ZX Spectrum was all the rage
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: New website
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 10:18:39 PM »

Work in progress I suppose - got to learn where things are
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 11:09:15 PM »

What is it you’re trying to find? The navigation is much improved from the old site and I do firmly believe it’s a case of familiarising yourself with the new menu.

buchanj9

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 11:31:25 PM »

Well organised imo

Iateallthepies

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 01:57:06 AM »

I never used the old site but I have no problems with the new one. Find it easy to navigate and I can find what I want quickly.
I think it is really good.

bighairedmike

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 09:44:24 AM »

As a (solely) mobile user, I think the new website is really good  and very user friendly.

As a platform it works very well. It’ll be more a test when it comes to the regular season and trying to find things then, but as it stands I’m impressed.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 10:40:14 AM »

Its clean and professional, doesnt have the same content as the older one, happy to look at them both
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2018, 10:40:20 AM »

Interesting that the old site has a brief report of last night's match but the new one has none at all. I thought the old one was being mothballed but it seems John is still as active as ever.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2018, 11:58:47 AM »

One thing I have noticed is that typing altrincham fc into a search engine currently brings up the "old" site.

I'm no expert in how search engines work but if the brand new site (which I'm very impressed by) isn't readily viewable from google etc. doesnt that defeat the object somewhat? New and non regular visitors won't have it bookmarked either.

andrewflynn

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2018, 01:02:17 PM »

One thing I have noticed is that typing altrincham fc into a search engine currently brings up the "old" site.

I'm no expert in how search engines work but if the brand new site (which I'm very impressed by) isn't readily viewable from google etc. doesnt that defeat the object somewhat? New and non regular visitors won't have it bookmarked either.

I flagged this from day one. Working on it. altrinchamfc.co.uk is an established, powerful domain so we need to work with John L to either a) remove the site from Google indexing or b) move the website onto a different domain. Tricky one really. ::)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2018, 01:11:56 PM »

I like the website but can understand where people are coming from, the news updates are very slow coming through. Potentially it is excellent but I also have difficulty finding things like player profiles etc. the old one was easier to find and very informative.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2018, 03:45:36 PM »

I always liked the traditional site for all John's work in getting news from around the leagues, something I don't think you would normally see on a small club site like that.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2018, 03:46:59 PM »

is there a  list of monthly draw members on the site , would be useful to me and  a few others who collect it

Thanks

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2018, 04:02:37 PM »

I think if we can get the level of news the legendary John Laidlaw gave us it will prove to be an excellent site. I certainly think the presentation and professional look is better than the old one.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2018, 07:53:47 PM »

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say it isn't the role of our official website to provide news coverage about other clubs. They are all on social media, all have their own sites too.

I think its better for the club if the time and resource that goes into that is instead put into promoting us more, not least on the marketing and commercial side.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New website