News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crewe game

Author Topic: Crewe game  (Read 2801 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Crewe game
« on: July 21, 2018, 09:09:38 AM »

The first 15 minutes of the game yesterday, we got hit by a whirlwind! My first thought was, they play the game like we do. On the ground and by moving the ball and making it do the work. Both teams were a joy to watch last night. Despite the result I watched some great football from both sides. For 15 minutes we were overwhelmed, but for 75 minutes we weren't. We had several chances to score last night and it was good to see us making Crewe work hard and putting them under pressure. We learnt a lot last night and I imagine Crewe probrably did as well.

I do not think we will face anything like that in our league this season, but there are several hard games we will be playing and that is where I think we will benefit from last nights game.  It was nice to hear a ripple of applause at the end of the match. This was a good workout for the team, and despite the first 15 minutes, they matched a good league 2 side for the rest of the game. I liked the look of the new player who was the substitute number 3 later in the game, plus Sean Miller.  I know we need a new keeper, but is there any room for those two? I hope so.

I think both Crewe and Alty will have good seasons, they both play similar standards of the game. Really looking forward to this season, and also to our friends Trafford on Tuesday.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Crewe game
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 10:31:02 AM »

PP is happy to have AJ as his second choice keeper, and said before the game that Bannister (the number 3) is someone he won't be signing but will "keep in mind". Personally I'd take him, because he looks versatile.

I'd also keep Miller in preference to Rokka.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 10:39:16 AM »

The first 15 minutes of the game yesterday, we got hit by a whirlwind! My first thought was, they play the game like we do. On the ground and by moving the ball and making it do the work. Both teams were a joy to watch last night. Despite the result I watched some great football from both sides. For 15 minutes we were overwhelmed, but for 75 minutes we weren't. We had several chances to score last night and it was good to see us making Crewe work hard and putting them under pressure. We learnt a lot last night and I imagine Crewe probrably did as well.

I do not think we will face anything like that in our league this season, but there are several hard games we will be playing and that is where I think we will benefit from last nights game.  It was nice to hear a ripple of applause at the end of the match. This was a good workout for the team, and despite the first 15 minutes, they matched a good league 2 side for the rest of the game. I liked the look of the new player who was the substitute number 3 later in the game, plus Sean Miller.  I know we need a new keeper, but is there any room for those two? I hope so.

I think both Crewe and Alty will have good seasons, they both play similar standards of the game. Really looking forward to this season, and also to our friends Trafford on Tuesday.
Good summary, glad it happened like it did in some ways, if we would have won then we'd be flying into the start of the season thinking we are unbeatable, back down to earth in some respects and we must defend better.  Bannister looked good but is he better than Densmore?  Dont forget we have poole as well to join the team
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 10:41:51 AM »

Also remember that the team that started last night was very different from the team that started on Tuesday night. It took them a few minutes to wake up.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 10:44:22 AM »

Good summary, glad it happened like it did in some ways, if we would have won then we'd be flying into the start of the season thinking we are unbeatable, back down to earth in some respects and we must defend better.  Bannister looked good but is he better than Densmore?  Dont forget we have poole as well to join the team

Is Bannister a better right back than White though ?

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 01:16:29 PM »

All fair points, but think he adds something to the team, in that respect I think he is worth adding on. I find I am getting a buzz when he gets hold of the ball, like we do with JJ and did with Duncan.

That's why I think he is worth a chance for his potential, minimum as a squad player. if we can run with Miller and Bannister. Plus the second keeper.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 01:33:24 PM »

Sean Miller looks back to his best, there is your forth striker, he was top goal scorer before his injury and is now looking sharp again. I think Bannister would be just effective as a utility player in midfield or right defence, especially in any absence of JJ.

If the club can afford it, go for it. Squad is then complete, unless they wish to go with Rokka.

Bit of a gamble either way isn't it, but I have had these hunches before with potentials. I also remember speaking to Gerry Quinn and and asking him to sign Clive Freeman from his trials with us because he looked quite good.

I have a hunch that's all. And it's not called Quasimodo!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crewe game