PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Salford Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Salford Match Thread  (Read 13532 times)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Salford Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2018, 07:24:56 PM »

Agreed. It was an even game until the disruption caused by the subs.  Always thought a class part team can compete with an average full time team.

The difference in height and stature was obvious.

My takeaway from today was that we have a squad with depth. I'm encouraged. I feel we are in a much better situation than we were under Lee. He had some good players but no depth to roll out plan B . Bring on Leamington.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2018, 08:31:23 PM »

I thought we put up a good showing against a fancied team.
Lots of subs causes a loss of cohesion but I fully understand the reason why we made them.
I sometimes think JJ for all of his frightening speed sometimes falls short  of an end product.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2018, 08:38:56 PM »

Lots of subs causes a loss of cohesion but I fully understand the reason why we made them.
I sometimes think JJ for all of his frightening speed sometimes falls short  of an end product.

Well yeah, if he had a spot on end product he wouldn't be playing non league football!
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2018, 09:31:21 PM »

Well yeah, if he had a spot on end product he wouldn't be playing non league football!

I do realise that, I just think he could produce it a bit more often.  I wasn't comparing him with Beckham

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2018, 10:20:01 PM »

Well I know this isn't the most populated forum in the world, or even in the Non-League fraternity, but have had a look at Salford's this evening and the last post on it was 13 hours ago! No mention of today's game whatever. I suppose all the money in the world can't buy you a history and a fanbase like ours. I guess there's every chance the 90 plus fans who attended before the money came could be out tonight and haven't had chance to post!

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2018, 11:25:36 AM »

I do realise that, I just think he could produce it a bit more often.  I wasn't comparing him with Beckham

I think its probably a combination of that, and also perhaps his teammates could anticipate his ball a bit better. He often gets to the box too quick for anyone to arrive on a pullback, meaning more often than not, he only has Jordan to find.

I actually think that part of the reason he's so much more effective on the left is because he can still try to do all of the above from the left byline, however he also has the added option of coming inside and having a go (or even laying square), something he can't do very well when cutting in off the right.

Fairfield Alty

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2018, 12:43:38 PM »

Wasn't there yesterday due to work commitments but going by the report on the website and comments on this forum
it sounds like we gave them a run for their MONEY. The true test starts on Saturday so bring it on. Was the report on
the website correct in saying Salford wore numberless shirts in an attempt to confuse spies from Leyton Orient?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2018, 03:02:04 PM »

They had no numbers on shirts, I assumed it's cos they're massive
Full time and proud of it

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2018, 04:38:44 PM »

They had no numbers on shirts, I assumed it's cos they're massive

Probably down to there wage bill, they could be hard up.  ;) :D

Jezza

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2018, 06:36:08 PM »

JJ has more end product than Raheem Sterling.....I'm sold on him and quite happy to accept his blind alley runs for the actually surprisingly frequent moments of brilliance....watch the video of last season's goals for evidence of this and also how often Josh Hancock ghosts in completely unnoticed to score a goal in a game when you weren't sure if he'd played or not until you see his name on the scoresheet again!

I thought we matched what must have been a mix of highly paid players and triallists wanting a huge contract.....big shame for the own goal as a draw would not have been an unfair result...

anglo alty

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2018, 06:57:50 PM »

Forget Salford what goes up as they say, lets get back to rubbishing Macc its what we do best and concentrate on getting a good start nxt Saturday

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2018, 07:32:45 PM »

JJ has more end product than Raheem Sterling.....I'm sold on him and quite happy to accept his blind alley runs for the actually surprisingly frequent moments of brilliance....watch the video of last season's goals for evidence of this and also how often Josh Hancock ghosts in completely unnoticed to score a goal in a game when you weren't sure if he'd played or not until you see his name on the scoresheet again!

I thought we matched what must have been a mix of highly paid players and triallists wanting a huge contract.....big shame for the own goal as a draw would not have been an unfair result...

Which is why Sterling is an England international and Premier League winner and JJ is in the National League North. Let’s not be silly eh!

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2018, 07:34:16 PM »

Forget Salford what goes up as they say, lets get back to rubbishing Macc its what we do best and concentrate on getting a good start nxt Saturday

Rubbishing Macc this season may be like shooting fish in a barrel. They're in for a record breaking season - first club to win promotion from the Conference and fall straight back again  ;D

Fairfield Alty

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2018, 08:28:39 PM »

Comparing JJ or any other Altrincham player with a premier league player is absolute nonsense, they are both where they are based
on their footballing ability. The end product in each case goes in JJ's favour based  on what you get for what you pay. As for
constantly knocking Macclesfield, let's just worry about ourselves and hope for a good season. Who knows, anything is possible
if we don't get too many injuries or suspensions this squad should be in the top half challenging for the play-offs.

Jimmy

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2018, 09:03:00 PM »

Couple of players on double the money Sterling is on who he out performed
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Salford Match Thread