News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Trafford - Match thread

Author Topic: Trafford - Match thread  (Read 2737 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Trafford - Match thread
« on: July 22, 2018, 06:22:49 PM »

We’re playing them on Tuesday at Shawe View, hopefully we come through unscathed after last season when summerskill put paid to Disney’s Altrincham career. They beat Ashton 3-0 on Saturday so an interesting game to see the contrast between us and the side that came up with us. arsed about Salford

Jezza

Re: Trafford - Match thread
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 12:12:55 PM »

Always a pleasant evening out at Trafford, would advise anyone it's worth a visit... lovely little ground v friendly*

*offer excludes FA Cup/trophy games

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 10:04:27 PM »

Was the keeper tonight - Elliot Wynne who played against us at Lancaster and had a stormer against us in the FA cup - I was told at work today he had left Fylde and signed for a Unibond Prem club - no mention of Alty
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 10:10:08 PM »

Just back, won 2-1 good workout against a decent looking Trafford side on a bobbly pitch. The pick of the Alty players was Lloyd Bannister at RB, get him signed up, great touch, gets forward, I reckon he could play right wing too, pace to burn, looks really great find. No wonder Parky didnt keep Miller or Rokka. Wynne did OK apart from their goal which was a decent finish but poor marking at the back at a time when we lost our way after lots of player changes. Should have won much more comfortably but loads of shots off target most by JJ, lost count how many times he missed, but fair play he keeps getting in them positions.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 10:11:58 PM by PukkaPieman »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 10:23:29 PM »

Was the keeper tonight - Elliot Wynne who played against us at Lancaster and had a stormer against us in the FA cup - I was told at work today he had left Fylde and signed for a Unibond Prem club - no mention of Alty

Believe it's the same fellow
Full time and proud of it

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 10:44:27 PM »

Yeah, he signed for Fylde and was loaned out for experience  to Lancaster last season where he played over 20 games and won lots of accolades. Actually took a chance to move nearer to home by trialling for Stalybridge recently,which didn’t work out by all accounts. Hopefully has done enough tonight to merit another chance, he’s much much better than any of the triallists we have had so far this pre season...couldn’t do much about the goal and looked confident in taking crosses and in his distribution.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 10:04:05 AM »

I don't know if this happens to anyone else but part of the tradition of the pre-season game at Trafford for me is getting bitten half to death by midges.

andrewflynn

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 10:11:57 AM »

I don't know if this happens to anyone else but part of the tradition of the pre-season game at Trafford for me is getting bitten half to death by midges.

Spent the entire second half with my hood up.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Trafford - Match thread