News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Radio Robins | Altrincham v Leamington

Author Topic: Radio Robins | Altrincham v Leamington  (Read 3726 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: August 04, 2018, 08:35:30 AM »

Radio Robins, sponsored by 'Ashley Mowers Garden Machinery' is providing full live commentary of today's game....the broadcast starts at 2.40pm.

The match commentary sponsor is 'Kids Disco Parties'.

The commentators are Paul Salt & Mark Simpson & the match summariser is John Edwards.

You can listen to Radio Robins in any of the 5 following ways:

a) Visit our MatchCentre and click the Radio Robins tab in the Leamington match where the Mixlr player is embedded and just press play

b) The Radio Robins website www.radiorobins.com. Open the page in any web browser and the broadcast should start automatically.

c) Download and install the Mixlr app on Android devices from the Google Play Store - start the app and search for 'Radio Robins'.

d) Download and install the Mixlr app on Apple devices from the Apple Store - start the app and search for 'Radio Robins'.

e) There is a temporary WIX website at https://rr5977.wixsite.com/radiorobins

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Radio Robins | Altrincham v Leamington
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 08:19:00 PM »

Loved the commentary today on Mixir on my mobile. I only got the chance to listen to the 2nd half; enough to hear Mark Simpson get very aeriated about the ref!

Bath Alty

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 08:45:24 PM »

Great service as always chaps but very frustrating on the new match day centre as the sound cuts out every time an update is added.  Solution is open a new tab on radiorobins.com and have that playing in the background while the updates are on the front tab.

buchanj9

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 09:17:34 PM »

Great service as always chaps but very frustrating on the new match day centre as the sound cuts out every time an update is added.  Solution is open a new tab on radiorobins.com and have that playing in the background while the updates are on the front tab.

Try the Mixlr app, worked great for me

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Radio Robins | Altrincham v Leamington FAO Brian Flynn
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 09:30:40 PM »

Great coverage from the RR team on Saturday. A quick question for Brian Flynn , when you were reading the full time scores from the National North League there was a song playing  in the background. Not sure if that was something that RR put in or whether it was being played at the ground. Question is what is the title of the song please ? I’ve not heard it since the late nineties as it used to be played at the end of every game at Moss Lane. Been searching for it for years !
Thanks

andrewflynn

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 07:26:39 AM »

Great coverage from the RR team on Saturday. A quick question for Brian Flynn , when you were reading the full time scores from the National North League there was a song playing  in the background. Not sure if that was something that RR put in or whether it was being played at the ground. Question is what is the title of the song please ? I’ve not heard it since the late nineties as it used to be played at the end of every game at Moss Lane. Been searching for it for years !
Thanks

Probably this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gq9k8JX7rfM

I’ll pass this on, thanks for bringing it up.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 01:40:15 PM »

Thanks

My son has also being trying to find this for years & it surfaced during the close season, via the club's twitter account on an online Greek Pirate Radio Station under the name 'Alty FC Official Theme'....the artist's name is 'Dogsounds':-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq9k8JX7rfM&app=desktop

Saturday was the first time that this music was used on Radio Robins but it will be the closing music for the foreseeable future at the very least.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 01:46:44 PM »

Loved the commentary today on Mixir on my mobile. I only got the chance to listen to the 2nd half; enough to hear Mark Simpson get very aeriated about the ref!

You will have just missed 'Obscurity Knocks' by your home town's finest 'The Trashcan Sinatras', which we played at half-time!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 01:48:07 PM »

Thanks for flagging this, David.

Andrew Flynn is already on to it!

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 01:29:56 PM »

Thanks

My son has also being trying to find this for years & it surfaced during the close season, via the club's twitter account on an online Greek Pirate Radio Station under the name 'Alty FC Official Theme'....the artist's name is 'Dogsounds':-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq9k8JX7rfM&app=desktop

Saturday was the first time that this music was used on Radio Robins but it will be the closing music for the foreseeable future at the very least.

Great thanks Brain

Bath Alty

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2018, 09:44:15 PM »

Thanks for flagging this, David.

Andrew Flynn is already on to it!

Fixed = worked a treat tonight

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 12:57:09 AM »

Always wondered what that tune was - played end of game circa 2003

Few seasons ago treated to Northern Soul dance floor classics at HT - nearly had me spinning on the Popside  ;D......TV adverts seem to like these lately
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team