Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2018, 08:43:04 PM
271614 Posts in 22214 Topics by 2237 Members
Latest Member: Daycaredan
www.altyfans.co.uk  |  General Category  |  Altrincham FC First Team  |  Spennymoor Match Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Spennymoor Match Thread  (Read 3241 times)
JD
Youth \ Reserve Team

Like this post? +6/-89

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2018, 09:54:17 PM »

Tempting fate time. Top of the league on goals score plays bottom of the league on goals conceded on Tuesday night.

0-0 it is then!
One Foot in the Grave
Regular First Team

Like this post? +61/-223

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2018, 10:04:31 PM »

I'd have taken a point at 3 o'clock, but I was frustrated at the end of the game. The best way of not conceding goals from free kicks is not to give them away in the first place with stupid and needless fouls.

Jordan Hulme's petty little foul on their guy, apart from earning a fully deserved yellow card, was the cause of their 4th goal and two dropped points. All the more annoying when we'd dominated.

Officials much better today. Let's get the two home games won.
Alty Dave
Regular First Team

Like this post? +75/-102

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2018, 09:00:11 AM »

One foot I agree with you, needless petty fouls cost us, especially as we're not defending set pieces particularly well at the moment. I too would have taken a point before KO, but having witnessed the game we dropped 2 points. I do like the way the team keep going though, don't give up at all.

Seeing Josh on crutches at the end of the game was not good. Hopefully just precautionary?

Silent but Ledley
Youth \ Reserve Team

Like this post? +13/-36

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2018, 09:33:06 AM »

Apparently, amazingly nothing broken but badly bruised!
Andrew Flynn
Regular First Team

Like this post? +293/-307

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2018, 11:03:38 AM »

What a game that was. We deserved three points, no doubt about it, but the running theme of silly fouls and set piece danger has cost us. If we can just get that sorted then we could be on for a very promising season. I had no idea what to expect from that yesterday and of course Id have taken a point before hand, but at times we looked far superior to them - especially in the first half after going a goal down.

Josh Hancock has a severely bruised foot, but Im informed that there are no broken bones which is a relief as I believe it was a big worry. Usually a week or two for that, Id have thought.

Youd expect us to kick on this Tuesday night!

Still Fabio Bassangue's English tutor.
The Thriving Jezza
Regular First Team

Like this post? +554/-1258

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2018, 11:09:00 AM »

Listening to RR it sounded a cracker of a game and i get the impression a decent ref helped provide a real advert for non league football.

Please step to the side and allow the club to move forward Grahame, you have no right to hold it for ransom over your personal ego.....
wayno
Regular First Team

Like this post? +323/-362

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2018, 11:11:42 AM »

Unbeaten all season ill take that up the reds

ParkINson's red and white army
Mrs Warbouys
Regular First Team

Like this post? +557/-370

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2018, 01:53:25 PM »

Highlights

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/match-info/match-centre/1-3614310
anglo alty
Regular First Team

Like this post? +8/-19

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2018, 08:06:06 PM »

We will find a lot of teams  will do that this season try and blag free kicks in the final third. it is the only way some teams are capable of scoring FCUM among them so cut out clumsy challenges most of which are not fouls anyway but we can't expect referees to diferentiate
Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »
    Jump to: