PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FCUM Match Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: FCUM Match Thread  (Read 15903 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
FCUM Match Thread
« on: August 12, 2018, 11:18:59 AM »

So, definitely no Poole or Hancock, White must be a doubt. Hopefully Densmore will have come the reserve match ok and be available.

On paper we should turn them over but it's going to a rejigged front 6.

Altrincham 2-0 FCUM (Hulme, Harrop)
Full time and proud of it

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: FCUM Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 11:30:01 AM »

Have we ever beaten them in a competitive game ?

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 11:40:25 AM »

So, definitely no Poole or Hancock, White must be a doubt. Hopefully Densmore will have come the reserve match ok and be available.

On paper we should turn them over but it's going to a rejigged front 6.

Altrincham 2-0 FCUM (Hulme, Harrop)

Is Bannister not available if Densmore or White aren’t 100% fit?

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 11:41:56 AM »

I can't recall us beating them competitively, but I think we've only played three fixtures.

Their current form is certainly unimpressive to say the least - two heavy defeats, and throwing away a 3-1 lead at home isn't what their supporters are used to.

However, results in this League so far indicate that strict interpretation of the form book is unwise.

I'f White is out, Id start Goulding at RB with Harrison and Jones in the centre, and play Harrop in Hancock's place.

It would be a bonus if Densmore could be on the bench as a viable substitute,  but if he isn't ready I'd consider Bannister for replacement purposes.

Tougher than we expect, but we'll take it 2-1 (Johnston, Harrop). Attendance 1054.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 11:53:08 AM »

I'd forgotten about Bannister.

As Goulding has been our best CB I'd leave him there.

Full time and proud of it

roytonmike

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 12:30:04 PM »

Have we ever beaten them in a competitive game ?
No.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2018, 01:40:58 PM »

As of yesterday we were still waiting for international clearance for bannister from
Belgium, which is frankly f**king ridiculous. So much for your European Union.... If it was a player moving to an epl club it would be concluded on the same day. Hopefully some good news before Tuesday. An important game Tuesday, one to keep our decent start going and two because they do have a bit of and Indian sign over us.

Altrincham 2-1 FC United att 1377

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 03:18:50 PM »

As of yesterday we were still waiting for international clearance for bannister from
Belgium, which is frankly f**king ridiculous. So much for your European Union.... If it was a player moving to an epl club it would be concluded on the same day. Hopefully some good news before Tuesday. An important game Tuesday, one to keep our decent start going and two because they do have a bit of and Indian sign over us.

Altrincham 2-1 FC United att 1377

That's ridiculous!!

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2018, 04:44:55 PM »

International clearance isn't anything to do with the EU. It's to make sure a player isn't already contracted to another club.

Alty wanderer

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 10:40:06 AM »

First game of the season for me, really looking forward to this one and live in hope we turn them over in style.
One of the few sides I have little respect for. The arrogance and expectation of their supporters is beyond belief - imported from the premiership. Will be interesting to see how many turn up. I hope they get behind their team but somehow I doubt it. First real crisis they have had to deal with in their short history, too used to winning. I feel sorry for their genuine fans.

andrewflynn

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2018, 10:56:39 AM »

First game of the season for me, really looking forward to this one and live in hope we turn them over in style.
One of the few sides I have little respect for. The arrogance and expectation of their supporters is beyond belief - imported from the premiership. Will be interesting to see how many turn up. I hope they get behind their team but somehow I doubt it. First real crisis they have had to deal with in their short history, too used to winning. I feel sorry for their genuine fans.

I must say I've never had that impression of them, myself.

andrewflynn

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2018, 10:57:43 AM »

Altrincham 5-2 FC United of Manchester

Johnston, Hulme, Hulme, Peers, Daniels

ATT: 1,206

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2018, 11:43:37 AM »

I must say I've never had that impression of them, myself.

I think a lot of the idiot element they had has now gone since they levelled out at National North level and stopped winning every week. Any FCUM fans I’ve spoken to in the last couple of years seemed to know what they’re talking about and are more than happy to be competing at their current level. I didn’t used to like them due to the idiots already mentioned but now their just a local rival who’ll bring a half decent away following the same as Southport,Stockport,Chester etc.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2018, 12:04:25 PM »

Unless I’ve read it wrong there doesn’t appear to be any segregation in place tomorrow night-I don’t think there needs to be to be honest and it will hugely increase the bar takings. Presume this will be a reciprocal deal and we’ll not be on that flat terrace and down the side there later in the season but will have the chance to stand on the main terrace and have a beer.

Alty wanderer

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2018, 12:16:18 PM »

Some good points. I hope correct. I've certainly witnessed that I'diot element and arrogance but that was a couple of seasons ago. Poor form is a great way of identifying the real  supporters. Looking forward to a good game. I hope they turn up in numbers, you can't knock the atmosphere they can create, that's fact.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FCUM Match Thread