PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Daniels and Thompson
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Daniels and Thompson  (Read 5340 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Daniels and Thompson
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2018, 07:05:02 PM »

If we let Miller go to fit Daniels in then it was a mistake. In three games that I have watched he hasnt wanted it. He must be covered in grass burns from the amount of times he hits the deck. He would have been through first half, I can't stand players who dive.

I keep repeating myself and their winner did come from a break down in play and no closing down on our right but Thompson should have saved it. It wasn't far off centre. I didn't mention the Southport free kick as I keep hammering him but we need a new keeper. Sorry to say this but he will cost us points.

We looked shattered against a poor team. We missed Richman and Hancock big time. Hancock is massive for us, he see's smart passes and also scores.

I mentioned it last season but let's get back to shooting towards the away end second half.

Just watched the highlights of the winning goal. I agree with the above comment that TT should have saved it. Poor goalkeeping. After 4 games 9 conceded maybe we give Wynne a go, I’ve never been convinced with Thompson to be honest.

He should have saved the Southport free kick,he stepped the wrong way.  He seems to really struggle with long range shots.

He is built for close range shot stopping. I would like to see a taller and more commanding keeper. It would make a huge difference. I don't think the defenders are that confident about passing back to him.

I am a fan of PP but he said all last season that if someone isn't performing then others will step in. That time occurred on many occasions last season and is happening now. Not sure Wynne is the answer but deserves a chance, just like Peers does over Daniels.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 07:09:56 PM by oneedham »

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2018, 10:35:51 PM »

He didn't protest too much, so I suspect I it was.
after watching the footage it was not a pen in my opinion however he did seem to loose his footing and I'm not certain it was intentional
ParkINson's red and white army

Alty wanderer

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2018, 09:48:55 AM »

I get the criticism of Daniels. It's square pegs in round holes. He's dropped down 2 divisions, just think he can't get to grips with our system and it's probably effecting his confidence.He's a counter attacking player. We play a nice brand of possession football, he needs an early ball not to his feet in traffic.
Maybe it works out he's not the player for us but he will be back at this level and will cause problems for defenders in a set up that suits his style

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2018, 02:06:37 PM »

I get the criticism of Daniels. It's square pegs in round holes. He's dropped down 2 divisions,

Hardly. He played 7 games for Crewe in League 2 six seasons ago, and 3 games for Chester in Conference National five seasons ago. He hasn't played for Vale's first team.

This is supposedly his level, since he shone at Harrogate and Fylde before they were promoted, but was then apparently released.

roytonmike

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2018, 03:06:03 PM »

I get the criticism of Daniels. It's square pegs in round holes. He's dropped down 2 divisions,
Hardly. He played 7 games for Crewe in League 2 six seasons ago, and 3 games for Chester in Conference National five seasons ago. He hasn't played for Vale's first team.
This is supposedly his level, since he shone at Harrogate and Fylde before they were promoted, but was then apparently released.
And of course he played against us for Alfreton last November - subbed after 49 minutes. According to the Non-League Directory (just out) he scored 13 goals for them. Doesn't give details of appearances. However, if this is his level he hasn't shown me for one much positive evidence as yet.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Daniels and Thompson