PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gate price rise
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Gate price rise  (Read 9831 times)

Jenga

Re: Gate price rise
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 12:32:53 PM »

Do you drink in the bar jezza?

Jezza

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 12:39:27 PM »

When I do get to a match I am first to get to Jenny afterwards to savour victory / wallow in defeat with a glorious pint of delicious John Smiths.

I probably made about 5 home matches last season and none away and I make my decision upon counting my weekly takings and looking at the week's bills...if i can afford £15 for entry, a burger and a pint then I'll go...if I've only got the entry money or less I don't.

I saw every single home and away league match in our conf N play off winning season.

However my income has remaind static while absolutly everything else has risen ridiculously so God knows how many games I'll get to this season.

Jenga

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 12:45:53 PM »

In that case you have made a good point on prices  ;D

18 months ago I too was skint. I didnt have a burger and didnt have a beer. Paid £10 entrance and went home.

I did steal the odd pint from Bradders, Truckers and Boyney, to which I owe alot to help make a good day out.

Perhaps Jezza lay off the burgers and have your dinner at home. If you can make 6 home games this season it would be great. it is one extra person through the turnstiles.

Oh and perhaps consider this Jezza - Steward roll at Alty???

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2007, 12:49:53 PM »

When I do get to a match I am first to get to Jenny afterwards to savour victory / wallow in defeat with a glorious pint of delicious John Smiths.

I probably made about 5 home matches last season and none away and I make my decision upon counting my weekly takings and looking at the week's bills...if i can afford £15 for entry, a burger and a pint then I'll go...if I've only got the entry money or less I don't.

I saw every single home and away league match in our conf N play off winning season.

However my income has remaind static while absolutly everything else has risen ridiculously so God knows how many games I'll get to this season.

Jezza,

Why don't you save yourself some money by stopping smoking then?

Just think how many games at Moss Lane you could attend if you weren't spending money on cigarettes.

(cowers on back seat and awaits diatribe from irate taxi driver.....!)
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jezza

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2007, 01:00:20 PM »

Been there, done that....sadly as i've explained previously I found it too hard to impartially monitor away fans while jumping up and down celebrating an Alty goal / abusing the ref. Also when the opposition fans start singing abusive songs to the Alty, I'm the first to want to wade in and give them a Dennis birch style piece of my mind.

Cult...don't be silly old chap...last thing you want to start me off on is a smoking debate.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2007, 01:06:32 PM »

Steward roll?

May I be the first to indulge in this new Moss Lane pastime by volunteering to push a supine Phil Taylor along the full length of the pitch? 
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2007, 01:15:56 PM »

Mr Cult,

I suspect that you would require donations to pay for the truss which such an activity would doubtless necessitate.

Fred Elliot

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2007, 01:59:51 PM »

Regarding the floating supporter - A lot of people are struggling to afford increases in council tax, water, heat and light etc way above their wage/pension increase. It's easy to be blinkered when its your passion - a couple of quid aint gonna hurt, drink less, give up your fags etc. It's still supposed to be a working class game, lets not forget that. I hate to see sacrificies made when once a person could enjoy a smoke, a drink and watch a good Alty match without worrying about the financial ramifications. Football has become a luxury and it's a damn shame.

The only thing I can think of is doubling admission prices for students and discount it for the rest of us - well they are always on the piss

See you next season

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2007, 02:15:06 PM »

£12 is still the cheapest in the division

Farsley Celtic are only charging a tenner for adults this season.

Doesn't count. Yorkshire. Anyway we aren't as well funded as they are. (Ryan Sugden? Carl Serrant? Craig Midgely? Jimmy Kelly? Steve Torpey?)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2007, 02:25:28 PM »

A few interesting points there to be honest. Fair play to anyone who goes to loads of games. I'll be buying my first season ticket this year (when I have £170 at my disposal) as it will be so much cheaper. i think you can't shy away from the price issue, it had to be done. For my money, those floating voters who in a coversation will say 'how much is it to get in? £12, I'm going stay in the pub and watch United on a dodgu Al Jazeera channel instead, better innit' probaly would say the same if it was £10 anyway if we're really honest about it.

I think anyone who thinks about going knowing its a tenner to get in is probably commiting themselves to spending £15+ anyway really. It's not that much, it depends on the experience. £12 to see us beat Vics 3-0 will attract them back, if they pay £10 and see us capitulate againast Gravesend won't.

I think things like being able to get served easily in the bar, not have to queue up for ages for a burger and to recieve good food at the end of it, being able to see a big screen of Gillette Soccer Saturday (or even better be able to not miss the lunchtime Premiership game), be part of a good atmos* and see good football is more important than a 2 quid price difference.

* I think this is really where the price rise comes good.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2007, 04:57:40 PM »

Its the right decision in my book and I am the worlds skintest man!

Come on Ecky your loaded  ;)
Come on you red and white........

DarrenH

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2007, 05:16:49 PM »

At the end of the day the club are not trying to discourage anyone. We all have financial constraints in one way or another.
The extra income generated as stated earlier at say 700 fans at £2 each allows the club to spend more on wages, making the team better, rising up the league and therefore attracting more supporters.
Seems logical to me.

Still not sure about the steward roll though sounds a bit chewy to me and would probably leave a nasty after taste.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2007, 05:31:35 PM »

For the last two seasons the price has been £10 per match 46 matches so thats £92 saved already, The club could have put up the prices then.
Let the peaking commence
@AltyDaz

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2007, 05:36:07 PM »

By any comparison with real life £12 for a non-league football match is just daft, but I alway rationlise it by saying that every time it's paid it's a little bit of personal sponsorship.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2007, 07:13:26 PM »

£12 is good value compared to those people who pay around £40 to watch the premiership poofs. Though I think Wigan are only charging £15.
They really should be beating teams like us
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gate price rise