PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gate price rise
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Gate price rise  (Read 9807 times)

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Gate price rise
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2007, 07:25:52 PM »

Sad to say this but it will be very hard to tempt first timers to come and watch a non league game at over £10, how much is it to go to Stockport or Oldham?

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2007, 08:16:17 PM »

£12 is good value compared to those people who pay around £40 to watch the premiership poofs. Though I think Wigan are only charging £15.

If you were turning up just to be entertained with a family it wouldn't compared with going to the cinema or Wild Duck World or wherever families go. Fans pay because they support the club so usually don't complain, but if the Apollo down the road charged £12 no one would go.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2007, 08:19:09 PM »

Wheres wild duck world, Im loving the sound of that  :D

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2007, 11:27:15 PM »

The thing is its the market rate, it trickles down from the top too. Football has boomed in this country since the Premier League started, foreign players came and grounds became safer. So players want and get more, it is just supply and demand.

If the club were to be brave and say reduce prices to maybe £8, would we get more people in........no, course we wouldn't. We have to charge what is required to set a decent budget for the league we are in if we are to progress. We won't win AGM's every season you know!

Its £12, £6 a week if you don't travel, how much do a packet of fags or 3 pints cost? Really can't see it especially at £2 for a kid.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2007, 11:28:10 PM »

Course typically my 300th post was a rant!!

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2007, 11:51:41 PM »

Wheres wild duck world, Im loving the sound of that  :D

Tigertastically it turns out there is a Haven holiday park called Wild Duck near Great Yarmouth. All the family can go for a week for just £99, thus proving my point.

Fred Elliot

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2007, 08:20:25 AM »

The thing is its the market rate, it trickles down from the top too. Football has boomed in this country since the Premier League started, foreign players came and grounds became safer. So players want and get more, it is just supply and demand.
If the club were to be brave and say reduce prices to maybe £8, would we get more people in........no, course we wouldn't. We have to charge what is required to set a decent budget for the league we are in if we are to progress. We won't win AGM's every season you know!

Its £12, £6 a week if you don't travel, how much do a packet of fags or 3 pints cost? Really can't see it especially at £2 for a kid.

If you look at all the empty seats in football grounds these days (barring the big boys) I think it tells it's own story. Supporters are voting with there feet. It wont be long before the clubs realise that it is no longer sustainable to pay the kind of wages these players are demanding.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2007, 08:53:06 AM »

Surely it's a bit of a myth that ALL top division clubs were selling out (in the tickets sense) every game anyway. All-seater grounds tend to make it more obvious when there's gaps with all those shiny plastic seats. The COMS holds 48,000 but when was the last time Manchester City were averaging  crowds of 47,999 ?

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2007, 09:28:23 AM »

I'm certainly not of the illusion that all Premiership grounds sell out, look at Blackburn, Villa and Middlesboro as the obvious examples but if those who can remember the late 80's, post Heysel/Hillsborough it was a world away from today. Pound for pound it was much cheaper, only a fiver at many grounds included OT, yet outside of the big names gates of under 15000 were common in the old Div 1.

I recall a spell back then when Alty's gates dipped well below 500, getting just 300 and something a couple of times.

The game is much different today, and more people attend. The bubble will I think deflate a little but I don't think its ready to burst yet.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2007, 12:58:54 PM »

The kids are the key, and it is good that it remains bugger all for them to come into Moss Lane. I can see some first timers getting put off coming, although I have 3 from work lined up for the first home game and hope to get them hooked.

I wonder if, alongside the £12 standard adult fare (which I still think is reasonable given the circumstances and that GH says he wants 5 new players) there could be something akin to a 'dad and lad' scheme where if a kid drags his dad along (and lets be honest a lot of the new kids are of an age where they'll need an adult with them) then the dad gets in for a tenner, and the kid pays the £2? The dad - who only has to go due to the pestering kid - may feel less put out each week paying the 'psychological' £10. Or would this be too complicated to administer? It possibly would.

Do we do family tickets? £25 for 2 adults and 2 kids?

altyf

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2007, 01:22:18 PM »

like the idea of family tickets for £25 but the lad n dad scheme seems a bit too complicated...dont knw if that would really have an effect

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2007, 01:29:40 PM »

Family tickets are an excellent idea however administratively difficult. I think such a scheme would need to be set up for advance sales only, I doubt the club is geared up to do this currently, otherwise whats to stop people "getting together" outside to pick up the discount?

Also, not sure how it would all work for tax and VAT? How do we prove the takings are accurate with all different pricing arrangements?

I think a better idea is some form of loyalty scheme where supporters can collect a voucher or ticket stub and get a discounted ticket for some less attractive fixtures, the likes of Ebbsfleet, Histon etc where we would expect a smaller gate. It would have the advantage of getting bigger crowds for these games too.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2007, 01:34:33 PM »

Let's remember this is our THIRD season back in the top flight of non-league. After the last two seasons, we have recognised that there is the need to bring better players in and compete with more clubs. I just hope money is invested in the right areas of the team.  There is no point being the cheapest in this league, Oxford, York, Vics etc are still going to bring a healthy number to swell our home support. Llast seasons average suggests an extra £1800 per game can be achieved. Not bad to add to a small wage budget, lets also remeber we increased home attendances by 11.3% (tony kempster says so) for last season, so why carnt we increase attendances again?  Also the club is superbly run, our last game v aldershot showed that local people do care about us, but we still need to do more to attract support.

£2 rise isnt too much, its still cheap for this league, but as always there is competition from other clubs - just look at wigan and blackburn offering season tickets at £250 for premiership footy (£13.16 per game). This season I will be getting a season ticket for alty, and may pop along to some of the friendlies.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2007, 02:42:51 PM »

For comparison's sake just checked out Stockport's site. Last season adults were £18 (£16 in the Cheadle end) and kids a fiver. Family tickets for 2 adults and 2 kids were £40.

Bearing in mind this was LAST season, I think we compare very well indeed.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2007, 04:03:52 PM »

We do. Bury was about £18-£20 last season to watch a struggling side in an empty all seater stadium. Christ - Radcliffe was £8 last season and will probably be the same in the Unibond North Division One Northern or whatever it is called.

It's what football costs these days.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gate price rise