PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Absymal
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Absymal  (Read 10848 times)

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: Absymal
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2018, 07:11:02 PM »

Poor today when we had to wait until 10 mins from the end for a proper effort on goal. Can't say I was that impressed with Boston though  they did deserve to win, just a solid looking team who denied us space in the last third. Something we need to  start doing asap. Think Hulme really has to bite his tongue during games, yes the ref was poor but he keeps picking up silly bookings. Also thought he made a meal of that challenge in the 2nd half when he went down holding his face, not sure the defender did much wrong and a bit disappointing to see. Maybe the Daniels effect!!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2018, 07:18:02 PM »

If you think white was terrible I'm stumped.

No doubt we're in a bad place . If there's 3 teams worse than us I'd be grateful.

They hustled us all afternoon, I'd imagine every other team in the league will do the same.

Looked much better when Daniels came on. If Hancock plays it has to be in the hole.

Johnson and Williams don't look good enough at this level.

Hannigan and Goulding looked ok
Full time and proud of it

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2018, 07:20:06 PM »

I’ll just add as an aside after reading twitter , anyone referencing that year we had a load of managers with dementia that signed a load of sex offenders in the conference north  needs to have a word with themselves, that’s not benchmark

Dementia is a serious issue and shouldn't really be used in jest tbh and while it did make me chuckle did we did we actually sign any convicted sex offenders that season?

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2018, 07:27:38 PM »

One thing for certain is that Jordan is isolated and needs more support.

I felt the same on Tuesday. If we are playing a 4-3-3, where are the other 2 up front? If one of them is crossing the other should be in the centre. and the mids following up behind.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2018, 07:38:16 PM »

Poor display today.. Yes Jordon Hulme should control his temper, but in his defence he needs someone else up top with him. We should have two up top especially at home. For me it's time for a change in keepers. TT kicking is just not good enough at this level.
We also need an alternative system when plan A isn't working.
Over to you PP. I'm sure you will sort it.

Not convinced the lad from Port Vale is the answer. He spends more time on his arse than his feet.

Will be happy to see the return of Poole.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 07:57:09 PM by distancetraveller »

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2018, 07:55:12 PM »

Poor display today.. Yes Jordon Hulme should control his temper, but in his defence he needs someone else up top with him. We should have two up top especially at home. For me it's time for a change in keepers. TT kicking is just not good enough at this level.
We also need an alternative system when plan A isn't working.
Over to you PP. I'm sure you will sort it.

Not convinced the lad from Port Vale is the answer. He spends more time on his arse than his feet.

Agreed. Today wasn’t good but I’m not sure it was abysmal either. No support up front for Hulme, plan B required when things aren’t working and a change of keeper. Tony’s kicking is rubbish and he looks far to heavy to be agile enough at this level.
Max Harrop was my MOM.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2018, 08:18:36 PM »

I would agree with most, if not all, of that.  I am not sure why Tom Peers is getting so little game time, and would like to see him given a chance as well as Elliot Wynne.

Trying to put things in perspective, it's a better start than we had last season, and Phil Parkinson was able to turn that around with his team.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2018, 08:28:40 PM »

Ben Harrison was sent off for the reserves today. Not sure what that's all about? I would argue that him and Tom should be our first choice pairing.

andrewflynn

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2018, 08:48:19 PM »

I’ll just add as an aside after reading twitter , anyone referencing that year we had a load of managers with dementia that signed a load of sex offenders in the conference north  needs to have a word with themselves, that’s not benchmark

Agree. Will post a bit more tomorrow when I’ve had time to collect thoughts but 2016-17 should be wiped from the archive. A non-season on the pitch.

Alty wanderer

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2018, 10:53:52 PM »

Predicable again I'm afraid. Boston knew  what was coming and set up accordingly, they harried and pressed us all over the park and we couldn't cope.i admire the way we try and play but too one dimensional. I'm still waiting for plan b. We have some good footballers but nothing that can change the dynamics of the game. More of the same from the bench. Need a Rankine style player as an alternative option and a physical workhorse midfielder. when your backs are against the wall nothing wrong with a bit of route one! How many times have we seen it turn a game when other options are exhausted. Sticking to principles unfortunately will not breed success in a tough physical league.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2018, 10:58:45 PM »

We wern't at the races. With the exception of Jordan Hulme it did look like 2016 -17. Too many players being bullied, not challenging for the ball and not pressuring the opposition when they have possession. I was disgusted that sinclair spent the whole of half time chatting with his mate on the opposition but then he was the only player to have a real effort on goal. I'm glad I'm away for the next two weeks.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2018, 09:29:22 AM »

We wern't at the races. With the exception of Jordan Hulme it did look like 2016 -17. Too many players being bullied, not challenging for the ball and not pressuring the opposition when they have possession. I was disgusted that sinclair spent the whole of half time chatting with his mate on the opposition but then he was the only player to have a real effort on goal. I'm glad I'm away for the next two weeks.

Who's Sinclair?
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2018, 09:42:47 AM »

I think he means Daniels, who spent most of the break chatting to his former Alfreton colleague Westcarr.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2018, 09:51:34 AM »

Whoops. Don't know where Sinclair came from. Yes, I meant Daniels.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2018, 10:41:07 AM »

Sinnott syndrome strikes again... fear we maybe in for a mediocre season unless we adapt.
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Absymal