PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Absymal
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Absymal  (Read 10845 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Absymal
« on: August 18, 2018, 04:53:45 PM »

Perhaps StatsZone can tell us our passing accuracy (I suspect it's under 10%).

Parkinson's worst performance. One of the poorest showings I've seen in a long while at Moss Lane. No confidence, barely any football either.
It's all my fault.

Jezza

Re: Absymal
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 05:02:30 PM »

Beaten by the better more experienced side.
We only made one decent signing all summer and that was a centre half...essentially we are an evostick side.
Parky needs to show some understanding this league...
That was just like our relegation season...with essentially the same midfield.....and essentially jordan fighting off 2 burly savvy centre halves.
Parky should not undersetimate the power of a losing streak at this level.
Overall that was a shocking display of football for £13..

dunhamalty

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 05:06:00 PM »

Our signings in the summer were poor. Sean Williams is worse than what we have and looks lost. Harrop deserved his chance at this level but just isn’t good enough. Need a centre mid in ASAP.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 05:39:51 PM »

Not a disaster just yet, but it will be if he doesnt find his best XI quickly (Clue: its the team that won the Evo Stik).

From the looks of things I assume he's persisting with the 433? If so, he needs to accept it hasn't worked and revert back to 4231.

I'd rather see us have a proper no10 that can put his foot on the ball (Hancock, Peers) than an extra central midfielder.

We miss Poole badly. One player we know to have quality at this level. Exactly the same as our start to last season.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 05:41:34 PM »

Men against boys. They were stronger from 1 to 11, physical and organised.
We need a striker.
I like Moult but he is far too slow at this level. In certain games against a less mobile mid it will work but we need to accept he is too slow.
Their number 6 was immense.
I think we have good defenders but none are the quickest.
I still think Peers needs a chance, I appreciate he isn't technical but sometimes strength and determination is needed at this level.
They were so determined and bossed us.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 05:47:13 PM »

We aready look worn out.
We need to increase fitness levels and strength.
Swap the way we shoot next home game,worth a try. I am that superstitious about it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 05:49:21 PM by oneedham »

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2018, 05:56:51 PM »

We aready look worn out.
Swap the way we shoot next home game,worth a try. I am that superstitious about it.
Since we only had one shot, we might as well have kicked across the pitch.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2018, 05:59:51 PM »

We aready look worn out.

MASSIVE straw clutching!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2018, 06:00:47 PM »

Pedestrian, you won’t win a football match without having a shot on goal in 90 minutes. Did a right job on us today Boston. A side in recent years we’ve dispatched 7-1 and 6-1. A few elbows and scrapes off them and we started hiding. Welcome to big school....

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2018, 06:07:05 PM »

Woeful. Whilst accepting that Boston were decent, we contributed nothing throughout.

We repeatedly gave the ball away, left acres of space at the back, and couldn't even do the basics.

We need to be much more direct, and stop playing the ball across our own area or backwards.

The referee was garbage, but it didnt much matter.

Harrop deserved his MOM. I really didnt understand why he was hooked when others were poorer.

Finally, Hulme. Another stupid and totally inexcusable booking, which meant that he became ineffective. We need his aggression, but he absolutely MUST learn to channel it better.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 06:08:51 PM by One Foot in the Grave »

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2018, 06:08:53 PM »

We were thoroughly bullied today by a very professional team who barely broke sweat. No point blaming a poor ref; I don't recall us having a single shot on target all afternoon. They could and should have had 3.
Where do we go from here? In some respects Boston represent the benchmark. We need to be able to compete with teams like that but with largely Evostik players, that will be difficult.
One thing for certain is that Jordan is isolated and needs more support. JJ was anonymous today and so was Hancock. Defensively we also looked very fragile. We have 4 quality central defenders and PP needs to decide on his favoured 2 and give them time to form a partnership in this league.
We probably need another striker if Daniels isn't going to come good.
White was dreadful. I'd probably go with Dens for now. I also don't believe TT is inspiring much confidence in his defenders. Yes, we need Poole back ASAP.
Anyway, onwards and upwards. Up the Alty.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2018, 06:45:25 PM »

We aready look worn out.

MASSIVE straw clutching!

It makes a difference. Look at he results last season. One big reason is that it makes for a better atmosphere,always has done, and that will get the lads up for it.  I am not the only one who thinks the same.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2018, 06:48:11 PM »

Woeful. Whilst accepting that Boston were decent, we contributed nothing throughout.

We repeatedly gave the ball away, left acres of space at the back, and couldn't even do the basics.

We need to be much more direct, and stop playing the ball across our own area or backwards.

The referee was garbage, but it didnt much matter.

Harrop deserved his MOM. I really didnt understand why he was hooked when others were poorer.

Finally, Hulme. Another stupid and totally inexcusable booking, which meant that he became ineffective. We need his aggression, but he absolutely MUST learn to channel it better.

Agree about Hulme, he needs to be careful,I said the same as you. He then had to second think every challenge, seems to be carrying a knock.

It happened last season,Moult needs to drag him and Harrop away,he never does that, even though they are adults.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 06:54:53 PM by oneedham »

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2018, 06:52:55 PM »

We were thoroughly bullied today by a very professional team who barely broke sweat. No point blaming a poor ref; I don't recall us having a single shot on target all afternoon. They could and should have had 3.
Where do we go from here? In some respects Boston represent the benchmark. We need to be able to compete with teams like that but with largely Evostik players, that will be difficult.
One thing for certain is that Jordan is isolated and needs more support. JJ was anonymous today and so was Hancock. Defensively we also looked very fragile. We have 4 quality central defenders and PP needs to decide on his favoured 2 and give them time to form a partnership in this league.
We probably need another striker if Daniels isn't going to come good.
White was dreadful. I'd probably go with Dens for now. I also don't believe TT is inspiring much confidence in his defenders. Yes, we need Poole back ASAP.
Anyway, onwards and upwards. Up the Alty.

Agree White was terrible,he was decent against Southport (only real performance I have ever seen from him) and I think he was trying to make a point against his former club. Need that level performance each game. We need a fit Dens back.

JJ has been poor the last two games but we need him. I would look at signing Miller if he is still available.

TT is as slow as Moult, those two passing it to each other stops my heartbeat.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2018, 06:58:07 PM »

I’ll just add as an aside after reading twitter , anyone referencing that year we had a load of managers with dementia that signed a load of sex offenders in the conference north  needs to have a word with themselves, that’s not benchmark
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Absymal