PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The path towards full time football
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The path towards full time football  (Read 10642 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: The path towards full time football
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2018, 06:52:10 PM »

Massive FA Cup run needed as I've said before.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2018, 06:55:07 PM »

I do wonder if people posting negative comments about Bill's article have actually read it properly. They clearly haven't understood it.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2018, 07:04:42 PM »

It would only help for so long though. It would give hard cash and impetus for a while but then the money would just run out. I'd love a big cup run as much as any fan but we couldn't sustain full time football for more than probably a couple of seasons at most because of it. History shows too that having a pay day in the cup is no guarantee of long term security.

Jezza

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2018, 07:19:32 PM »

My view is that once investment or a cup run gives us the budget for a few years a serious analysis needs to be considered as to how the best part time team money can buy stacks up against probably the worst full timers or promising youth who could develop with full time training......I'd guess pretty similar but the full time option gives more potential with a good manager?
it's not irreversible but I'd guess could be trialled for 2 years with 2 years contracts and reviewed...
I think if you get into the FL you get about £750k?....which would make that sustainable....
I'm guessing the difference between full and part time budget has to be minimum £250K pa??

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2018, 07:47:23 PM »

Just dont follow the Soutport , Guiseley , Stalybridge examples /

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2018, 09:07:00 AM »

It would only help for so long though. It would give hard cash and impetus for a while but then the money would just run out. I'd love a big cup run as much as any fan but we couldn't sustain full time football for more than probably a couple of seasons at most because of it. History shows too that having a pay day in the cup is no guarantee of long term security.

Burton ? Crawley ? But more relevantly the publicity from a run to Round 3 and that golden payday is the perfect way to get the club in the public eye and attract substantial investment.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2018, 12:39:18 PM »

Burton ? Crawley ? But more relevantly the publicity from a run to Round 3 and that golden payday is the perfect way to get the club in the public eye and attract substantial investment.

Not sure about Burton but Crawley had someone ploughing money in.

andrewflynn

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2018, 02:33:32 PM »

Burton were fortuitous enough to have a massive cup run, shortly followed by another great one - and reinvested the money into developing assets that will generate long term, reliable income. That's what we're looking to do, with or without the cup run.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2018, 03:32:07 PM »

Burton were fortuitous enough to have a massive cup run, shortly followed by another great one - and reinvested the money into developing assets that will generate long term, reliable income. That's what we're looking to do, with or without the cup run.

Burton were in their revenue earning new stadium by the time they faced United, crowds had grown by a fair amount and they were benefitting massively from the Nigel Clough effect at that time. There's no doubt that the cup run gave them a huge boost but their infrastructure and profile was already much stronger than ours currently is. I'd put Burton as the model club to follow, cup run or not.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2018, 03:39:34 PM »

Burton, Crawley and Exeter all played an fa cup tie at old Trafford, all were in the football league soon after

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2018, 11:49:01 PM »

I know for sure that Exeter played Manchester United twice following a drawn game at OT. My friend from Exeter left his car on my drive and got the tram. He could not believe they had drawn.

Think Burton drew as well (at home?).
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2018, 04:29:20 AM »

At last, the “strategic review” becomes strategic and looks beyond the 5 year timeframe which shackled its terms of reference. These discussions should have happened years ago. In my view, sustainable full time football will require a new stadium, so let’s get moving with it.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2018, 06:50:00 AM »

At last, the “strategic review” becomes strategic and looks beyond the 5 year timeframe which shackled its terms of reference. These discussions should have happened years ago. In my view, sustainable full time football will require a new stadium, so let’s get moving with it.

What would the new stadium bring? Bear in mind it would probably be further out of town and not as near anything residential. I say improve what we have and use our location to our benefit, which is now happening to be fair.

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2018, 07:19:52 AM »

What would the new stadium bring?
[/quote]

The following:
- a new vision for the Club
- new ownership
- new leadership.

And that’s just for starters...

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2018, 08:03:04 AM »

Perhaps some of that generated income should be spent on fan retention, potential to build a fan base rather than continually replace those that leave
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The path towards full time football