News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sean Williams

Author Topic: Sean Williams  (Read 3550 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Sean Williams
« on: August 25, 2018, 07:35:59 PM »

Played like the player we should have never let go today.

Absolutely outstanding in the middle apart from a needless yellow card

The two new lads (Dale and Wynne) were also superb - Dale could have rivalled Simon richman for energy and Whmne made two outstanding saves to keep his clean sheet

However they were very poor, but that performance should and usually would beat most sides at this level.

The finishing was poor but extremely promising to see us routinely pull the trigger even if the shots were weak,

A very pleasing afternoon in North East
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 07:38:50 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Sean Williams
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 07:38:50 PM »

Exemplified the team performance - no "Hollywood" passes, emphasis on keeping possession and finding Hulme or Hancock when going forward. Sorveltastic.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 11:15:45 PM »

Hancock's best game for some time. Hulme within a whisker of a well deserved hat trick (slightly spoiled it by getting booked again).

Darlington were surprisingly poor - we really could have scored twice as many and it wouldn't have been undeserved.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 09:58:52 AM »

Williams is a decent player. He was decent first time with us at conference level and we shouldn't have got rid.
As for Hancock, I keep saying this but he is a much bigger player as No.10 than people give him credit for. His movement and quick passing is class. He plays closer to Hulme than others do in that position, which supports Hulme and gives him more room. Hulme always scores with Hancock.
Hancock scores and also wins a lot of headers. A very good all round player.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 10:34:28 AM »

Williams is a decent player. He was decent first time with us at conference level and we shouldn't have got rid.
As for Hancock, I keep saying this but he is a much bigger player as No.10 than people give him credit for. His movement and quick passing is class. He plays closer to Hulme than others do in that position, which supports Hulme and gives him more room. Hulme always scores with Hancock.

Do you think Hancock is any good as a number 10? I don’t think you’ve ever mentioned it  :)

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 10:50:31 AM »

Do you think Hancock is any good as a number 10? I don’t think you’ve ever mentioned it  :)

Haha...considering in another thread you admit to not being there yesterday and listened on Radio Robins! Hancock did have a decent game yesterday, though guilty of missing the target with a free header first half. He wasn’t on his own in this regard as we should have been out of sight at half time, but for me he’s nowhere near as good as James Poole in that position.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 11:14:36 AM »

Haha you mention it enough times it will stick in heads.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2018, 11:19:33 AM »

Haha...considering in another thread you admit to not being there yesterday and listened on Radio Robins! Hancock did have a decent game yesterday, though guilty of missing the target with a free header first half. He wasn’t on his own in this regard as we should have been out of sight at half time, but for me he’s nowhere near as good as James Poole in that position.

Poole is quality but in my opinion plays too deep and breaks up our play by hitting the deck a lot,similar to Daniels (not quite as bad ).I would put money on that Hancock creates more chances then Poole, especially for Hulme and scores more. I think people see Poole as a big name. It is good to have both considering 2 years ago we only had around 2 decent players haha. Please don't think I don't rate Poole,just my view that Josh does more overall.

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2018, 12:14:23 PM »

Hancock had a really good 30 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sean Williams