PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Guiseley match thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Guiseley match thread  (Read 9090 times)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Guiseley match thread
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2018, 06:41:51 PM »

You’d have taken 4/6 from the two BH games but frustration at home once again. We definitely have to beat Curzon in 2 weeks lest this lack of a home win becomes a millstone round our necks. How Hulme has got booked 5 times in 7 games too despite his goal scoring reflects badly-he needs to sort his discipline out.

A non Alty fan pal who went today messaged me to say ‘that winger from Port Vale looks crap’. Glad his loan spell is now up, he’s added very little it seems. He added that a more physical plan B up front might be an idea. Also got some sympathy with that viewpoint.

10 games when the league table really takes shape but 11th out of 22 is still a very reasonable start for a promoted team and now the games start to thin out a bit hopefully we can get and keep all our players fully fit.

Jezza

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2018, 06:55:30 PM »

We've been lucky in the last few years to have players come on loan here and contribute and go back to their clubs better players and always welcome back at Alty.

Daniels will be fittingly remembered as not arsed.....a very disappointing attitude.

As opposed to Dale who's attitude and effort seems spot on.

As for today another 2 points dropped in a game we should have won....ok for consolidation but we have seen enough surely to realise the play offs are doable.....it's the midfield who should be closing down these runs from just inside the half way line that end up with the ball in the bottom corner...

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2018, 07:19:12 PM »

Disappointing to drop two points today but a huge improvement over our last home showing against Boston. I'm not sure Williams and Harrop work together well - last season Max was playing deeper than he has this and Sean in that position, whilst being industrious, does not offer the same goal threat that Max does when when playing from deep - in the first half Max played a lot with his back to goal which doesn't really suit him. 2nd half he played deeper and was involved more. James Poole's pass delivery was different class and when he's fully fit he'll be running with the ball again and offering another goalscoring threat. Thought Owen Dale did well with Dens guiding him at times. Another disappointing showing from Daniels - he's probably a better player than we've seen. We missed Josh Hancock again I think.

Do goalkeepers choose there own kits? - if so why had their's come dressed as a flamingo? :)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 07:27:50 PM by PaulClementsLaments »

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2018, 07:27:55 PM »

To say this is a game we should have won doesn't take into a account Guiseley's record of recent form. Certainly a game we could have won, but also a game they could have won. Neither team was particularly effective in front of goal.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2018, 07:33:31 PM »

Can someone order a cab for Daniels. Pathetic footballer.

Took far too long to make the sub. We clearly needed a change earlier.

Missed Hancock,only had Hulme in and around the 6 yard box. Sat too deep and didn't get enough players forward and into the box.

Terrible positioning for attacking set pieces. Some decent balls in but no-one in the 6 yard area.

White didn't do bad but we miss Hampson making runs on the left.

Dale seems lively but needs to improve on his first touch. Reminds me of Elliot Newby. I think he'll do well.

Bloody change the way we shoot each half. At least give it a go as we are not getting the results.

I agree with most of that. We weren’t quite good enough to deserve the 3 points. Once we have everybody back fit and settled we’ll be ok. Daniels was very disapointing, it was like playing with 10 men before he went off. For whatever reason it’s not worked out for him at Alty. Hopefully that’s the last we see of him.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2018, 07:47:57 PM »

We need someone to support Jordon up top. Probably the reason for his bookings (frustration). I was led to believe Daniels was meant to support him . Daniels legs can't even support himself as he spends most of the game on his fkn arse. I'd happily make a detour back to Shropshire and drop him off at Port Vale...

Best thing about today.......... The return of one James Poole...

Thought Dens and Mault were good..

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2018, 08:36:29 PM »

Whilst I won't miss Daniels, I would point out that his excellent deep corner led to our goal. I must have blinked and missed Hulme's booking (I did notice Harrop's). I thought the draw was about fair.

VofD

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2018, 08:59:47 PM »

We need someone to support Jordon up top. Probably the reason for his bookings (frustration). I was led to believe Daniels was meant to support him . Daniels legs can't even support himself as he spends most of the game on his fkn arse. I'd happily make a detour back to Shropshire and drop him off at Port Vale...

Best thing about today.......... The return of one James Poole...

Thought Dens and Mault were good..

I thought he looked a bit overweight today. Hopefully, his condition will improve with a few more matches under his belt.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2018, 09:05:01 PM »

Whilst I won't miss Daniels, I would point out that his excellent deep corner led to our goal. I must have blinked and missed Hulme's booking (I did notice Harrop's). I thought the draw was about fair.

Ditto, on all counts. I thought we looked like we were heading towards a deserved victory until their goal out of the blue, but after that Guiseley ended the game very strongly, so I thought a draw was fair, too.

Maybe the players should on a coach trip before each home game so it feels like an away match? ;)

roytonmike

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2018, 09:10:13 PM »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wasn't aware that Hulme had ben booked. Maybe he'll learn a lesson by being suspended? I wonder if there is an internal fines system in place for bookings, particularly for dissent - if there isn't, perhaps there should be?
I thought the result was fair to both sides, by the way.

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2018, 10:17:22 PM »

Not sure if many have seen the Phil Parkinson's interview after today's game. Certainly agree with him about how we were so much better defensively today, thought we looked pretty solid in dealing with the long throws and corners Guiseley had.  He also said that he thought we should have won by a country mile today. I thought that was an exaggeration, I think we probably did deserve to win based on the
chances we had in the  last 15 mins of the first half and for a lot of the 2nd half, though we didn't really test their keeper much overall.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 11:30:48 PM by TheGolfRoadView »

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2018, 11:06:47 PM »

We should have won today, first half we should have been 2 up at least. They scored with there only shot on target I believe (also told took a huge deflection). So to take a point is disappointing. The defence did look quite solid today but we missed Josh and JJ today. Other than Poole, no forward options on the bench. Thought Moult was my man of the match.

buchanj9

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2018, 11:12:38 PM »

Is that Jordan out for the game against blyth? Is peers fit to come in as he wasnt on the bench today, think he was injured in a reserves game?

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2018, 11:45:16 PM »

Is that Jordan out for the game against blyth? Is peers fit to come in as he wasnt on the bench today, think he was injured in a reserves game?
He's OK for Blyth, will miss Curzon at home.

T.C

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2018, 09:58:38 AM »

what makes Daniels loan doubley disappointing is that we appear to have let Sean Miller go to accommodate him. Miller would have been a much better option in my opinion. Have we heard were he's gone
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Guiseley match thread