PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Guiseley match thread
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Guiseley match thread  (Read 9092 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Guiseley match thread
« on: August 26, 2018, 08:03:04 AM »

We need to build on yesterday's performance,  and it would seem to be a good time to play Guiseley,  who haven't pulled up too many trees so far.

JJ is almost certainly going to be out - anyone who watched him limp up the touchline after the game yesterday will be worrying further ahead than Monday. He's a big miss.

PP will probably put Daniels in his place (he takes a decent corner, though I'm otherwise unimpressed), but I would move Dale to the right and bring in Harrop on the left to give us the pace that JJ usually provides.

I take us to win 2-0.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Guiseley match thread
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 08:21:00 AM »

We need to build on yesterday's performance,  and it would seem to be a good time to play Guiseley,  who haven't pulled up too many trees so far.

JJ is almost certainly going to be out - anyone who watched him limp up the touchline after the game yesterday will be worrying further ahead than Monday. He's a big miss.

PP will probably put Daniels in his place (he takes a decent corner, though I'm otherwise unimpressed), but I would move Dale to the right and bring in Harrop on the left to give us the pace that JJ usually provides.

I take us to win 2-0.

Harrop actually came to the club as a left winger, it was only the injury crisis in central midfield that meant to he filled in and did really well. I too would like to see Harrop on a wing in place of JJ if he is injured.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 08:38:06 AM »

Daniels will probably need a stormer(stormy)  for his loan to be extended. No pun intended.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 09:35:20 AM »

I wouldn’t get too complacent about Guiseley (as I’m sure Phil won’t be) - they’ve played 5 out of the current top 8 and haven’t embarrassed themselves in that time.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 09:53:31 AM »

Wynne

LB Hampson -if fit
RB Densmore
CB Hannigan
CB Jones

DM Moult
CM Williams
LM Harrop - if JJ isn't fit. He would do well out wide
RM Dale

No.10 Hancock
CF Hulme
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 10:12:07 AM by oneedham »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 09:54:59 AM »

Will be at the game tomorrow. Hoping yesterday was the start of a decent run of results.
Guiseley won't be a pushover

Alty 2-1 Guiseley
Att. 1177.
Hulme and Harrop scorers.

Fairfield Alty

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 10:41:22 AM »

Match odds

Altrincham 5/4

Draw 5/2

Guiseley 7/4

Need to take momentum from Saturday in to Monday. In reply to MarpleAlty We shouldn't be complacent about any opponents

in this league or any other competition and I'm sure you're right in saying the management team won't be.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2018, 10:04:14 PM »

Alty win 3 1 1234 fans . The teaser flag makes an appearance
ParkINson's red and white army

Jenga

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2018, 01:01:05 PM »

The teaser flag makes an appearance

Cant see it happening to be honest. The current flag holder is apathetic.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2018, 05:13:23 PM »

Can someone order a cab for Daniels. Pathetic footballer.

Took far too long to make the sub. We clearly needed a change earlier.

Missed Hancock,only had Hulme in and around the 6 yard box. Sat too deep and didn't get enough players forward and into the box.

Terrible positioning for attacking set pieces. Some decent balls in but no-one in the 6 yard area.

White didn't do bad but we miss Hampson making runs on the left.

Dale seems lively but needs to improve on his first touch. Reminds me of Elliot Newby. I think he'll do well.

Bloody change the way we shoot each half. At least give it a go as we are not getting the results.

Old Alt

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2018, 05:24:28 PM »

Unlucky today, against a very physical Guisley team who just came here for the draw, the time wasting after they scored was obvious to everyone.
After weathering the storm in the first half, we were by far the better team and were playing well, we had a number of chances and our mistake, was that we should have capitalised on one of these.
Given that we were missing a number of regular players, there were some good performances, Hannigan at the back threw himself in front of everything, it was no fault of his that the goal came from a shot from outside the area.  Overall we played well at the back, I cannot remember Wynne making a save.
Plenty of positives, Williams looks to provide a useful link in midfield, Harrop was his usual busy self and Dale played soome good balls into the area. Less said about Daniels the better, why it took 70 minutes to substitute him I will never know, it was good to see James Poole back.
Hopefully Johnson and Hancock will return, we just needed their creativity up front, there were a few times when Hulme was in the box on his own with no support.
Disappointed about losing the two points, we were better than that, we need to be beating teams like Guisley.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2018, 05:40:40 PM »

James Poole did more in the handful of minutes he was on the pitch than the player he replaced did all game. Daniels can go back to Port Vale now. I'm sure they'll find someone else to loan him to as there's no way he's good enough to play in in League Two. This was just like the game against FCUM. Getting the ball in the right areas but not able to finish. Defence-wise looked ok today. Guiseley always posed a threat so the goal was nothing to fret about. We need Hampson, Hancock, Johnston and Poole all fit and starting (I have an o level in stating the obvious). Also need Peers fit and an option for the last fifteen minutes. I'm also happy for Wynne to keep his place. Four goals at home and ten away tells you something but i'm not sure what.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2018, 05:46:44 PM »

On the Radio Robins forum I asked at half time how soon would Poole come on for Daniels: too late is the answer!

2 points lost at home and I am not sure there isn't a coincidence their goal was just after Hulme talked himself into a suspension; loss of concentration I guess not closing down their players.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2018, 06:11:24 PM »

Definitely 2 points dropped, think they only had the shot on target. The conceded goal was Fcutd all over.

The Harrop miss was the one. Don't think we were too considering no Hancock and Johnson.

Can't have a go at White for not getting forward when he has Daniels in front of him.
Full time and proud of it

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2018, 06:19:01 PM »

Agree with most of the above - the fella from Vale has not improved since his first game and cannot see why he was in the starting line up today other than we lacked options

They always had a goal in them with their physical 'direct' approach and hence it was important we took our chances today  - all in all not a bad performance considering no Hampson, Hancock and Johnson
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Guiseley match thread