https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FCUTD
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FCUTD  (Read 8641 times)

RON MANAGER

Re: FCUTD
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2018, 01:12:25 PM »

When they were formed, it looked by all accounts as if the main United would spend a number of years in the wilderness. Little did they know that Fergie would put together another European Cup winning team. When it came down to it, I think a lot of fans that were initially bought into the romance of it, ultimately realised it was all about winning and not so much about the commercial aspects, which are unavoidable in the modern game.

As soon as the TV money came calling (e.g. in the FA Cup) they gave in like everyone else - their revenue streams are also limited by denying naming / shirting rights - again a necessity of the modern game.

I much prefer what Salford have done to be honest - when FCUM formed, people were bemoaning the fact these fans hadn't gone and invested their time and resources in an existing non league club with a history, or certainly one with incredible potential at the very least like Salford.

totally agree with this, i support Man Utd and always will, doesn't matter who's in charge its still my team...i agree and have said it also that theres plenty of team these fans could have followed in the conference etc..also makes me laugh when the FC fans sing Man Utd songs....

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2018, 05:03:24 PM »

For me, it's the singing of Manchester United songs which represents my only gripe with them in all honesty. They've got a decent setup and fanbase and they travel in numbers. Fair play to them. But you're not the Busby boys. They play at Old Trafford and have a completely separate history altogether. Drop the "Man Utd" act, you don't need it!
Come on Alty!

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2018, 05:44:24 PM »

I'm glad they haven't followed an already existent team. It would be the equivalent of a cuckoo's egg in the nest. The incomers would have outnumbered any local team's original supporters and the club would have lost it's identity.

Good luck to them.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2018, 07:25:26 PM »

For me, it's the singing of Manchester United songs which represents my only gripe with them in all honesty. They've got a decent setup and fanbase and they travel in numbers. Fair play to them. But you're not the Busby boys. They play at Old Trafford and have a completely separate history altogether. Drop the "Man Utd" act, you don't need it!

Correct! They've never played Leeds and Eric Cantona never played for them!

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2018, 08:33:42 PM »

I'm glad they haven't followed an already existent team. It would be the equivalent of a cuckoo's egg in the nest. The incomers would have outnumbered any local team's original supporters and the club would have lost it's identity.

Good luck to them.

As has happened at Salford. The original club are gone to all intents and purposes now.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2018, 11:16:10 PM »

Good luck to them.

When they were first formed, I believe Leigh RMI offered the new FCUM club a chance to merge (or, in effect, take them over, as has been said) but FC United to their credit, turned them down.

They are much more pleasant than in their earlier days, although I am another one who is bemused how they sing Manchester United songs after all this time, and also how they complain bitterly when other clubs can't host them on a Saturday at 3, but can't play a home fixture themselves when Manchester City are at home on the same day, as we have seen this weekend (and may also be the case for our fixture in February).

All in all, though, I reckon it's better than a rich man trying to massage his ego by throwing money at a football club to gain transitory success - see Billericay, where Tamplin is supposedly planning to sell now.

Jimmy

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2018, 08:57:13 AM »

Or like Alty who have a bloke who isn't rich massaging his own ego

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2018, 11:01:57 AM »

Good luck to them.

When they were first formed, I believe Leigh RMI offered the new FCUM club a chance to merge (or, in effect, take them over, as has been said) but FC United to their credit, turned them down.

They are much more pleasant than in their earlier days, although I am another one who is bemused how they sing Manchester United songs after all this time, and also how they complain bitterly when other clubs can't host them on a Saturday at 3, but can't play a home fixture themselves when Manchester City are at home on the same day, as we have seen this weekend (and may also be the case for our fixture in February).

All in all, though, I reckon it's better than a rich man trying to massage his ego by throwing money at a football club to gain transitory success - see Billericay, where Tamplin is supposedly planning to sell now.

Billericay was always going to end up in tears, the guy's a complete clown and a loose cannon.

He actually had a manager with a good pedigree for the level (God knows how he had the patience) - but sacked him by text 5 minutes before the end of their first loss of the season.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2018, 07:08:19 PM »

To be fair (spit) FCUM have complained about having games moved to Sundays when City are at home on the Saturday.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2018, 09:38:29 AM »

Chief executive has resigned. All is apparently not well in Moston.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FCUTD