News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty TV - Highlights Vs Guiseley

Author Topic: Alty TV - Highlights Vs Guiseley  (Read 4622 times)

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« on: August 30, 2018, 05:42:15 PM »

Extended highlights now on Alty TV YouTube:
https://youtu.be/TXfYv4zCtuQ

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty TV - Highlights Vs Guiseley
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 08:04:07 PM »

Superb as always.

Not offside, could easily have had a pen and another soft goal to concede
Full time and proud of it

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 08:19:13 PM »

Amazing package as always. There seems to be some vibrations maybe from the new gantry that causes slight flickering. I could be wrong. The side recording is very stable,guessing because of the use of a tripod. Still brilliant recordings.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 09:49:07 AM »

I'm finding this embargo on releasing footage a bit frustrating. 

Last season the way Mark was getting goals online pretty much the same day helped to continue the buzz from the game, and the full highlights followed within the next 24 hours really kept the interest.

Now, I can barely recall who we played last!

Would the embargo still apply if we had a private members only subscription video service ?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 10:12:30 AM »

Yes, the league sell the rights not the individual clubs. I think pictchero is wank

andrewflynn

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 11:08:35 AM »

I'm finding this embargo on releasing footage a bit frustrating. 

Last season the way Mark was getting goals online pretty much the same day helped to continue the buzz from the game, and the full highlights followed within the next 24 hours really kept the interest.

Now, I can barely recall who we played last!

Would the embargo still apply if we had a private members only subscription video service ?

Hopefully Mark can confirm if he sees this - but my first thought is yes. The club can't do anything at all with the footage until the embargo has passed. As Hamish says, the league / Pitchero own the rights.

I think its all a bit OTT for non-league football, personally.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 11:27:08 AM »

Pitchero are about as much use as Del Boy's van with its front wheel removed. Sponsorship and advertising generally are a ball-ache, but unavoidable in the modern day game. It all spoils the experience for me, but I either live with it, or find a new interest.

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 01:37:03 PM »

Anyway back to the ref's performance...and the assistants......words fail me.....a push here ....arms all round Jordan every time......are these idiots just rounded up from specsavers fresh from failing an eyesight test??

Now I'm a fair man as you all know and in some cases you can say there were too many bodies in the way etc...

But these guys either just don't see what everyone else in the ground can see or they don't know the rules.....which is it???

I wonder how the ref feels watching back his pompous denying of a blatant bodythrow?..which has since been expertly slowed down and highlighted....I don't mind if a ref shrugs and clearly says sorry lads I couldn't see it I'm sh*te etc...it's this denial of the undeniable that gets me...legs apart beer belly thrust out chin up no no lads I'm the gospel of the truth.....

VAR will hopefully do away with these attention seekers who weren't good enough at football and just wanted to be the centre of attention on a football pitch and ruin everyone else's saturday...

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 05:54:55 PM »

There seems to be some vibrations maybe from the new gantry that causes slight flickering. I could be wrong.
This is partly due to a phenomena known in the trade as 'Flynn-bounce' which commonly occurs immediately after an Alty goal  ;)
Seriously though, this is great feedback. The new gantry has thrown up a number of issues one of which relates to the camera mounting. We are currently operating the camera wheelbarrow style which takes some getting used to (no smutty replies please). Having reviewed the footage this is most noticeable when the camera is zoomed in and a degree of camera-shake is evident. There are a number of steps we can take to reduce this such as a slightly stiffer grip setting but we're hoping to make some adjustments to the gantry in the near future which will give us a bit more flexibility.

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 06:55:59 PM »

This is the new league directive:
Clubs are not permitted to show National League match footage on their own website, mobile or social media for Saturday matches earlier than midnight on Sunday (i.e. permitted from 12.01am on Monday) and for matches other than Saturday matches not earlier than 10pm on the day following match day. As a directive it is subject to sanctions against the club if not adhered to.
I'm not party to the contact between the National League and Pitchero/Scout7 but would imagine that there must be some form of exclusivity hence the embargo in much the same way that Manchester United couldn't produce a members only video service while BT Sports/Sky/BBC have bought the television rights. I think the same would apply to us. We were made aware that the National League intend to monitor club media and punish miscreants. So it's not so much about whether there is public access or not, just the fact that footage has been published ahead of the embargo in any form.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 09:27:36 PM »

There seems to be some vibrations maybe from the new gantry that causes slight flickering. I could be wrong.
This is partly due to a phenomena known in the trade as 'Flynn-bounce' which commonly occurs immediately after an Alty goal  ;)
Seriously though, this is great feedback. The new gantry has thrown up a number of issues one of which relates to the camera mounting. We are currently operating the camera wheelbarrow style which takes some getting used to (no smutty replies please). Having reviewed the footage this is most noticeable when the camera is zoomed in and a degree of camera-shake is evident. There are a number of steps we can take to reduce this such as a slightly stiffer grip setting but we're hoping to make some adjustments to the gantry in the near future which will give us a bit more flexibility.

Thank you for the reply. Much appreciated.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2018, 10:32:55 PM »

Thanks Mark.

anglo alty

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2018, 01:01:05 PM »

Should have had a penalty, grabbing(someone around the neck is an automatic sending off in Rugby ) a deflected goal dominated poscession  frustrating best sums it up that said i thought we have looked good this season and if we tighten up at the back i can see us doing well
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team