PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Curzon Ashton - Match thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Curzon Ashton - Match thread  (Read 10741 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Curzon Ashton - Match thread
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2018, 07:17:09 PM »

Their match preview refers to us as 'Altrincham Town'

Ffs.
Full time and proud of it

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2018, 02:54:14 PM »

we have struggled to get a team together for today
Harold

Old Alt

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2018, 05:27:36 PM »

Oh dear...that is the worst performance I have seen for some time.
That includes our last relegation, I have never seen so many players who didn't look interested, Curzon played the ball around and had a game plan and we just had no answers.
You can tell PP must have shared the disappointment, as he changed the formation at half time, and in the second half we did look slightly better.
Although as an indication of how bad it was, when you sustitute your number 9, with ten minutes to go and you are 2-0 down to bring on a midfielder.
You look at the league table now, we haven't played many of the top teams yet, and we can't beat teams who are around us in the league.
Either we buck up and work out how we are going to play or we are heading back to the 'pub team' league.
The real problem is in midfield, Moult plays about 2 yeards in front of the central defenders and today Williams was totally ineffective, usually I am a fan of Harrop, but he didn't do anything today. Curzon had all the time in the world to play.
The only bright spot was when Dale came on, which should have happened at half time.
................hmmmm plenty for PP to think about.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2018, 06:07:09 PM »

That was bloody awful today . They were poor we were awful
ParkINson's red and white army

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2018, 08:07:02 PM »

We were terrible, 2-0 CA was fair and could have been more.

The sides we have played & failed to beat at home this season so far will not be in the play offs. It’s plainly not good enough. Now our forthcoming league games look v difficult. Yes, we badly missed Hulme & Poole but CA swatted us aside with ease.

old alty fan

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2018, 08:09:44 PM »

Worst performance since Phil joined the club,totally out played by a very impressive Curzon side.
 Not hit the panic button yet but lots to address,I got critisied last season for saying last season's
 Squad would be a Mid table team this season and so far I am not far off.
I think mid table is were we will finish this season,but unless we sort ourselves out soon.
We could end up in a relegation battle.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2018, 10:43:39 PM »

Worst performance since Phil joined the club,totally out played by a very impressive Curzon side.
 Not hit the panic button yet but lots to address,I got critisied last season for saying last season's
 Squad would be a Mid table team this season and so far I am not far off.
I think mid table is were we will finish this season,but unless we sort ourselves out soon.
We could end up in a relegation battle.
an impressive curzon side  ? I beg to differ . I thought they were poor.we made them look better than us . We didn't try . Long periods of play from them as well as us of poor play and distribution . But im not taking away from them they dealt with us well . I always said staying up is the most important thing this season so agree with you there
ParkINson's red and white army

andrewflynn

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2018, 02:48:18 AM »

Worst I’ve seen Alty play since Jim Harvey.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2018, 08:50:09 AM »

We were poor, a makeshift team yes, but still we had no shape, and our off the ball closing down lacked energy. They looked faster and fitter. Time after time when we attacked they had two banks of 4 in position within seconds and they closed us down. We never did that.

Toothless upfront overall, as others have said we need to strengthen this area.

No idea why only 4 subs, again very worrying.

I like seeing the pretty football we play, but we need to get the basics right, need shape to defend and press the ball when we don't have it. Hopefully PP see's this and will deal with the issue.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2018, 08:57:01 AM »

It must be said that our first 11 can compete with anyone in this league and we have been very unlucky with injuries.
I expected us to struggle this season, but thought we'd at least start off well before fading away. The fact we've started to fade so early is a serious worry. I disagree with those who expect us to come mid-table and I am expecting a relegation dogfight. We have little depth, too many Evostik standard players and are in desperate need of investment. Four subs is embarrassing.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2018, 09:23:45 AM »

. Time after time when we attacked they had two banks of 4 in position within seconds and they closed us down. We never did that.

Its a good point and I believe its because we are too slow when building attacks. Too often the centre backs split, the ball is passed too slowly along the back line, by this stage the opposition are set up in position, they press, our centre backs understandably become uncomfortable on the ball and its hoofed forward and lost. Ive enjoyed watching Parky's team, but I think its time we made some suitable changes to mix our play up and keep the opposition guessing.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2018, 09:32:23 AM »

For me there was something wrong between midfield and going forward. Phil says we need to be more ruthless going forward but I saw no evidence of that. I expected an improvement on the Blythe game I went to last week but we were toothless. Where was James Poole yesterday?

This proves we do not have enough quality strikers, we only had three at the start of the season. Tom was given his opportunity but for me was found offside 6 or 7 times. He did not make runs as expected, so forward balls went into touch or astray. Back yourself Tom. I felt that Shaun Williams was playing fine, making passes accurately and not giving the ball away but we did not seem to be in tune with what he was trying to do. One ball in the first half was played through by Sean Williams but Tom did noit read it and it went harmlessly into touch.

Why was Shaun not at right-back, as once Liam Goulding took the left back position we were better.

Very very disappointed with yesterday, several players need to ask questions of themselves and try and adapt to this higher level of football.

andrewflynn

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2018, 09:49:14 AM »

10 singing fans out of 400 on the Golf Road End was embarrassing as well.

finnquark1

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2018, 10:41:03 AM »

A Sinnott Conference National team, basically.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2018, 10:50:05 AM »

I think I've said it before on here but I'm not sure Williams and Harrop work together well - Max saw a lot more of the ball after Williams went off. If they're going to play together I'd like to see Max playing deeper as he's better facing the opponents goal. Williams is a decent solid player and might be more suited for the Jake Moult role, who I agree with others is off the pace.

Thought Richman had a decent game at fullback  Loathed to blame Peers & Hancock for not doing much as they were poorly served. JJ isn't getting past his fullback like he was last season.

I didn't see any lack of effort or disinterest, just frustration and a lack of confidence. Need to see more urgency from the back when we're behind!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Curzon Ashton - Match thread