PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We need more players
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: We need more players  (Read 5413 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
We need more players
« on: September 08, 2018, 04:54:45 PM »

First of all,shooting the other way made no difference.

Without a fit and bombing on Hampson and Densmore we don't get enough forward or players in the box.

When those two full backs dart forward the wingers go inside, which results in more players central.

Peers for all his energy hasn't a football brain and often stands off side.

Moult has been a servant but he is far too slow on the ground. It's been like that since Colchester away. Got away with it last season.  Should not be captain, Hulme wouldn't be suspended if he was a decent captain ( even though Hulme is an adult).

Dale should have started. Again we need a striker,winger like JJ and MOBILE,tall and strong defensive mid.

4 subs at home is embarrasing

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: We need more players
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 05:00:13 PM »

Inclined to agree with all of that from what I've heard.

At home again lacking confidence, spark and incisiveness up front and Moult is good, reliable but not quite there - as is most of our midfield. And we have no competition for Hulme, who we missed today imho.

Very disappointed with just 4 subs - even bring a reserve along!

Jezza

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 05:20:57 PM »

Comes from having an umabitious chairman.
Far too complacent close season and far too happy to be mid table in a league we should be competing at the top.
This week was all about free sanitaryware.

What is the purpose of Altrincham FC

Still think we'll be ok with a fully fit squad

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 05:32:11 PM »

Totally agree with the comment about the full backs bombing on creating space , without Connor at LB or Dens RB we don’t have this option in games. Apart from Max Harrop we were dreadful today. No movement off the ball, too predictable in possesson and worryingly no response when we fell behind. Comfortably beaten today. We are obviously missing key players , but there are some that aren’t up to it at this level.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 06:53:07 PM »

4 subs was scandalous, with a reserve team and an 18s it makes no sense.

Peers and Williams just are not good enough. No idea how Johnson got mom,their 3 had him in toast. Bit better 2nd half on the left but very poor?

We need a Tom Denton type forward to mix it up.

Definitely has 2016/2017 season feel about home games
Full time and proud of it

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 07:27:19 PM »

Peers and Williams just are not good enough. No idea how Johnson got mom,their 3 had him in toast. Bit better 2nd half on the left but very poor?

"We're Alty FC, we're on our way back" it says on your tagline. Right now we seem to be on our way back to the Evostik League. Had to miss today - seems I was lucky.

VofD

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 07:50:36 PM »

It was Harrop.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 08:01:50 PM »

Was it! Fuk me

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 08:02:32 PM »

I'm on it
"We're Alty FC, we're on our way back" it says on your tagline. Right now we seem to be on our way back to the Evostik League. Had to miss today - seems I was lucky.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 09:09:06 PM »

While it’s fair to say that the ease with which CA dispatched us was aided by the fact we set against them with a cobbled together team, it was nonetheless quite a humbling experience.  There’s no doubt that we have players capable of executing exciting, skilful play, however, they struggle to do so with the consistency necessary to be successful at this level.  I’m also increasingly aware that we lack a physical presence; Harrop, who was industrious today, and Johnson are too easily jockeyed off the ball and Peers and Johnson (although not Harrop!) seem loathe to cobtest 50:50 balls.  Only Poole, when he’s fit, and Hulme (who shares the responsibility for this defeat given the reason for his suspension) seem to be genuinely comfortable at this level and that is a worry.  A word of praise for the ‘keeper too who performed a couple of excellent saves to keep the score more respectable than would otherwise have been the case.

I never thought we’d do anything more than consolidate our place in this league this season and I think that that is what we will do.  However, it is clear that with anything less than our first choice XI it’s going to be a big ask.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 09:34:40 PM »

We'll finish about 14th/15th. No need to panic but massive improvements needed for next season.

buchanj9

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2018, 10:24:21 PM »

Worst performance i have seen so surely can only get better.

Really need a poor side at home in the FA Cup in 2 weeks so that we can get a comfortable win at home for some confidence.

I think Wynne and Richman were class today but Jake needs to sit more as we are getting caught out when he pushes too high and he doesn't have the pace to get back.

Second goal the left was wide open because JJ had ran with the ball to the other side - he really needs to track back more, he shows such energy going forward but massively lacks any running back to help the full backs.

All in all we really need to sort out this rut we seem to have at home, but it is only September, that said we need to start getting some points on the board

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2018, 10:53:59 PM »

Really need a poor side at home in the FA Cup in 2 weeks so that we can get a comfortable win at home for some confidence.

I think Wynne and Richman were class today but Jake needs to sit more as we are getting caught out when he pushes too high and he doesn't have the pace to get back.

Second goal the left was wide open because JJ had ran with the ball to the other side - he really needs to track back more, he shows such energy going forward but massively lacks any running back to help the full backs.

All in all we really need to sort out this rut we seem to have at home, but it is only September, that said we need to start getting some points on the board

My money's on Warrington!

buchanj9

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2018, 10:58:44 PM »

My money's on Warrington!

They are on abit of a roll, won their last 3 with 4-0, 5-0 and 2-0. They have Josh Amis and Richard Brodie uptop so i bet you can imagine the level of hoof ball involved there..

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2018, 11:46:45 PM »

Wynne was quality today. Obvious changes to be made.....let's sign a hungry defensive centre mid who is on the pace. Apparently we have all the stats so let's sign him?. Let's have another winger,I like Dale and he should have started. And please please a proven striker to back up Hulme.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We need more players