PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bradford PA Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Bradford PA Match Thread  (Read 10173 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Bradford PA Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2018, 05:53:07 PM »

Massive performance to come from behind and win. Cracking finish from Harrop. Wynne MOM for me.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2018, 07:58:33 PM »

It was a robbery. 4 shots 3 on target. 1st goal was madness, Drench probably drops 2 major bollox a season and we've had one of them. Best bit of attacking football we played led to our 3rd.

Wynn was outstanding and was my mom. Jones and white were superb. Should have played the visualy impared Hulme up front.
Full time and proud of it

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2018, 09:33:06 PM »

Well done lads big result
ParkINson's red and white army

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2018, 09:49:19 PM »

A draw would have been OK. Our first goal was a pinball effort. Their second goal was a waltz through from midfield yet again. JJ had some lucky ricochets before he scored but nothing ventured nothing gained.  Max's goal was just opportunist. We just need to believe.
BPA could have gone second today and we were better than them.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2018, 09:54:39 PM »

And Nicky was anonymous much to my relief

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2018, 11:09:33 PM »

Massive performance to come from behind and win. Cracking finish from Harrop. Wynne MOM for me.

Wynne was outstanding

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2018, 11:29:42 PM »

Beg to differ, thought he was excellent for 75 mins, more a withdrawn wide midfielder than winger now, although faded a bit in the closing stages. One volleyed 50 yard diagonal pass in the first half a highlight. Luca on the other hand looked ponderous and wouldve struggled against Hulme.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2018, 09:16:28 AM »

Beg to differ, thought he was excellent for 75 mins, more a withdrawn wide midfielder than winger now, although faded a bit in the closing stages. One volleyed 50 yard diagonal pass in the first half a highlight. Luca on the other hand looked ponderous and wouldve struggled against Hulme.

Nicky set up their equaliser. Agree with the above entirely.

anglo alty

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2018, 11:43:59 AM »

Great result against one of the best sides in the league makes last weeks showing against Curzon harder to fathom

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2018, 12:29:40 PM »

Great result. We're in a strange and unpredictable league where anyone can literally beat anyone on the day. I honestly wouldn't put it past us to beat someone like Chorley on a head to head and then lose to some team below us. The home form is a worry. There must be some reason for it. Seems weird.

roytonmike

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2018, 04:25:40 PM »

if we do to a home side what a number of away teams have done to us - take the opportunities presented & benefit from a bit of luck - there's no need to be apologetic about it. Bradford could have been out of sight by half-time but weren't as a result of Wynne's work and their own incompetence in front of goal; they went through us like a knife through butter to take the lead; we benefitted from a slice of luck with the huge deflection on Johnston's shot for the equaliser, then produced some good football and an excellent finish for what proved to be the winner. Again, Bradford had a lot of possession thereafter but couldn't/didn't create much with it. That's not our fault. We have every right to be pleased with the win.
We may well end up with more points away from home than at our place. That's partly a function of how we play & partly due to the topsy-turvy nature of the league. Let's not get too uptight about it. 

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2018, 07:20:05 PM »

I agree with most of that. We had the rub of the green yesterday in the way that we didn"t at Blyth, for example, although there was no element of luck in Elliott Wynne's excellent performance.

There was also no element of luck, or bad luck, in the way we lost to Curzon at home. As Alty Bri said, I can see us beating Chorley and then losing at home to Nuneaton. I am starting to think we must suffer from complacency in so-called easy matches.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2018, 08:23:14 PM »

Nicky set up their equaliser. Agree with the above entirely.

Yes I agree about the equaliser. I wasn't knocking Nicky but given our poor approach to defence I was worried that he might use his talent to mesmorise the defence before sticking the ball in the net. I agree about Luca, I didn't even notice he was playing. It must be the hair cut.

Silent but Ledley

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2018, 05:26:30 PM »

In  reply to posts by Andrew F , Cheshire cat and JD, maybe Jordan and the manager don't appear eye to eye ha! SBL

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2018, 05:52:32 PM »

In  reply to posts by Andrew F , Cheshire cat and JD, maybe Jordan and the manager don't appear eye to eye ha! SBL

;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bradford PA Match Thread